• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Code/Trace Memory: R announced for Wii

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Jaded Alyx said:
I finished Trace Memory last night. Took me about 5 hours. Short yes, but I think the length fit the game well. I really enjoyed it.

I just read on Wikipedia that Ashley is English-Japanese in the PAL version, whereas in the NA version, she's Japanese-American. If there's voice acting in the Wii game, I wonder if they'll bother to have two VAs, one with an American accent and one with an English accent.
Is voice acting confirmed?

Hive

Banned
Fantastic!! That's even before Dragon Quest V~

I haven't gotten a Wii yet, but this will be the first game I purchase after my birthday (Jan. 7)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
MidnightScott said:
I love Ashley Mizuki Robbins, come on Nintendo of America, give us a US release around the same time of the Japanese release :D

Akai said:
That's soon! NOA, you better localize this as fast as you can!

Watch how NoA completely dismisses this game for having bad voice acting while NoE gets up to snuff with it.

pa.145892.1.jpg

Oh my god this makes me so hot right now I love this game and want to put my junk through the disc hole and put the disc in the Wii in order to make myself fully committed to this game that shouldn't exist yet defied all odds and actually is real localize it or I will buy cyanide tablets and put them in peoples secret drinks after hours on a sunday yes the day of the lord sweet jesus give me this game now plz omg omg omg omg omg omg

want

Also some new details:

1up.com said:
Set two years after the first Trace Memory, the Wii game stars 16-year-old Ashley Mizuki Robbins, a girl who once thought her parents died at a young age. That turned out to be untrue, as
she's reunited with her scientist father Richard
, although the meeting was more than a little bittersweet. Now Richard's invited Ashley to Juliet Lake, a campground nearby his research lab -- and a place infested with memories of Ashley's mother, who researched human memory before dying in a smash-and-grab when Ashley was young.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3171755

Oh, and Famitsu had some new screens which were sexual.

Why is no one talking about this game?!

My faith in NoA has been waning lately. I was never happy with the localization changes in Another Code to begin with, and now it's like they're physically allergic to announcing new games. It would be a nice surprise if they showed a US version coming together, but I can't say I expect it at the moment.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Buttonbasher said:
Oh my god this makes me so hot right now I love this game and want to put my junk through the disc hole and put the disc in the Wii in order to make myself fully committed to this game that shouldn't exist yet defied all odds and actually is real localize it or I will buy cyanide tablets and put them in peoples secret drinks after hours on a sunday yes the day of the lord sweet jesus give me this game now plz omg omg omg omg omg omg

Dude!

I'll join you, so good!

Thanks to this thread, I was reminded I still needed to play Trace Memory so it's currently in the mail. It always looked really interesting, but it fell off my radar. I got my girlfriend Hotel Dusk for Christmas and she's been obsessed with it, so I figure I'll play Trace Memory first and then I'll move on to that when she's done.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I keep trying to get back into Hotel Dusk and I keep losing interest again and again. I don't know what's wrong with me. I haven't even played Trace Memory yet, but I'll certainly try it out.

Nothing surprising, but figured I'd post it here

Hello,

As you may know , the sequel to Trace Memory has been announced in Japan. So far, there hasn't been an official announcement of a release in this market.

While I’m unable to offer a specific reason regarding this title, there are many reasons that Nintendo or any other publisher may decide to release a game in one market, but not another. These can include difficulty or cost of localization, the size and financial strength of the publisher, the size of the distribution network, and (most often) the idea that the game will simply not be accepted or enjoyed in another market.

However, there are (like you) real fans of those games or franchises in this market who would love nothing more than to see these games on store shelves here. I understand (and sometimes even share) your frustration! Having said that, please understand that those fans may constitute too small a portion of the gaming public to justify the costs associated with bringing a game here.

Of course, you never know what the future holds, as evidenced by the appearance in this market of previously Japan-only franchises like Advance Wars and Fire Emblem. Keep an eye on our website (http://www.nintendo.com) for all the latest news as it becomes available.

Sincerely,

David Glover
Nintendo of America Inc.

Varshes

Seeing as NoA won't be releasing this here, what's the status on Freeloader for the Wii, if I bought one would this play?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Varshes said:
Seeing as NoA won't be releasing this here, what's the status on Freeloader for the Wii, if I bought one would this play?

you can softmod a wii easily without purchasing anything.

Rancid Mildew said:
I bet NoA will refuse to localize it.
Wonder how much of the decision rides on how well Again: Eye of Providence does over here? They did a second run of Hotel Dusk didn't they? Wouldn't that bode well for this? Maybe it could be a fall title...

*prays*

The bump got me excited too. :(

Though, Nintendo recently registered a new Trace Memory trademark in that gigantic list that was making the rounds a few weeks ago, and it was a seperate from the new Another Code trademark. Seeing how Trace Memory is the North American series name only, (PAL uses Another Code) they may be eyeing it already. Of course they could just be protecting their past trademarks, but seeing how almost everything else on that list is related to upcoming games or the DSi, it gives me hope.

Because seriously, if NoA passes on this I'm going to be pissed. Me patience is already wearing extremely thin with them right now.

Gunloc said:
The bump got me excited too. :(

Though, Nintendo recently registered a new Trace Memory trademark in that gigantic list that was making the rounds a few weeks ago, and it was a seperate from the new Another Code trademark. Seeing how Trace Memory is the North American series name only, (PAL uses Another Code) they may be eyeing it already. Of course they could just be protecting their past trademarks, but seeing how almost everything else on that list is related to upcoming games or the DSi, it gives me hope.

Because seriously, if NoA passes on this I'm going to be pissed. Me patience is already wearing extremely thin with them right now.
Sorry for the bump :\

The trademark thing at least gives some more hope!

TunaLover

I hate the stupid american mentality on bigger, flashier, badass is better, that's because we can't get minimalist experimental boxart.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Buttonbasher said:
Nothing surprising, but figured I'd post it here
I remember Nintendo sent the exact, word-for-word response for some other game that was coming out in Japan. I don't remember what game it was or if it came out in America. It was about a year ago.

J-Rock

Banned
While I’m unable to offer a specific reason regarding this title, there are many reasons that Nintendo or any other publisher may decide to release a game in one market, but not another. These can include difficulty or cost of localization, the size and financial strength of the publisher, the size of the distribution network, and (most often) the idea that the game will simply not be accepted or enjoyed in another market.

However, there are (like you) real fans of those games or franchises in this market who would love nothing more than to see these games on store shelves here. I understand (and sometimes even share) your frustration! Having said that, please understand that those fans may constitute too small a portion of the gaming public to justify the costs associated with bringing a game here.

Don't fuck me Nintendo. Don't you dare fuck me. I need this game...so bad...it hurts...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
This is why I say not to read into stuff much. It is absolutely 100% guaranteed that any released Kirby title will come over here. That letter is just a CYA form letter, right down to the poor grammar in the Kirby one.

It's just a more soothing, reassuring, way of saying "We do not comment on unannounced products."

Who makes these decisions, anyway? And no matter who it is, "at least some of them" should be a valid answer to the question "which games should we localize?".

...I miss Howard Lincoln.

Top Bottom