• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Code/Trace Memory: R announced for Wii

Shiggy

It's coming to Europe together with Layton 2, Rhythm Heaven and Glory of Heracles and all those other games you all think that won't see a release just because they have not been announced yet...

Leondexter said:
Who makes these decisions, anyway? And no matter who it is, "at least some of them" should be a valid answer to the question "which games should we localize?".

...I miss Nintendo

Fixed. This shit just bums me out. If it's not announced at E3 then it won't ever come out.

I would turn down sex for this to be localized. *runs off crying into the other room*

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Dragona Akehi said:
10$ says that not only does it get a PAL release, but that Treehouse is the one localising the script too. For even more delicious irony.
For full effect NOA should go through their normal routine and "hint" at the game to the point where everyone is confident it will come. Then they can simply sit on the game and give noncommittal responses for the next 5 years until everyone gives up hope.

Stumpokapow said:
This is why I say not to read into stuff much. It is absolutely 100% guaranteed that any released Kirby title will come over here. That letter is just a CYA form letter, right down to the poor grammar in the Kirby one.

It's just a more soothing, reassuring, way of saying "We do not comment on unannounced products."
That was in response to the vaporware Kirby Wii title though. That statement is like NOA's standard "oh shit they won't shut up about that game thats never coming out here. Just give them some bs response but make sure not to deny it since we hate closing doors on anything"

GhaleonQ

grandjedi6 said:
That was in response to the vaporware Kirby Wii title though. That statement is like NOA's standard "oh shit they won't shut up about that game thats never coming out here. Just give them some bs response but make sure not to deny it since we hate closing doors on anything"

Exactly. Just from browsing video game sites over the years, most can recognize the 3 or 4 form e-mails that they send. This was the worst possible one.

GhaleonQ said:
Exactly. Just from browsing video game sites over the years, most can recognize the 3 or 4 form e-mails that they send. This was the worst possible one.
It's just so disappointing. Had Nintendo released Disaster, Layton 2, and some of these other games in addition to Wii Music and stuff, less gamers would be as hostile toward them.

NOA seems to have given up completely on localizing anything that isn't Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Pokemon, or Wii ___. Sin & Punishment 2 is the only confirmed exception that I can think of at this point.

What the fuck.

Father_Brain said:
NOA seems to have given up completely on localizing anything that isn't Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Pokemon, or Wii ___. Sin & Punishment 2 is the only confirmed exception that I can think of at this point.

What the fuck.
Punch Out too.

I've been curious as to why Cing is going with Tecmo for 'Again: Eye of Providence', but perhaps Nintendo is becoming too picky for territorial releases? 'Again' coming out in the US at least.

Father_Brain said:

What the fuck.

Not given up. More like "Shit we're selling so many fucking Wiis and shit we can't make enough and fuck we're rolling in dosh. Why bother spending any of it on shitty neckbeards who bitch about Wii anyway, since the damn games won't give us the INSANE profits we're seeing with everything else."

Buttonbasher said:
Punch Out too.

I've been curious as to why Cing is going with Tecmo for 'Again: Eye of Providence', but perhaps Nintendo is becoming too picky for territorial releases? 'Again' coming out in the US at least.

I think that's a little different in that Again is a much more adult title than CING's previous efforts. Hotel Dusk seemed quite dark for a Nintendo game, and that wasn't about a serial killer.

grandjedi6

Dragona Akehi said:
Not given up. More like "Shit we're selling so many fucking Wiis and shit we can't make enough and fuck we're rolling in dosh. Why bother spending any of it on shitty neckbeards who bitch about Wii anyway, since the damn games won't give us the INSANE profits we're seeing with everything else."
Also summarized as:

200sdis.jpg

TunaLover

Dragona Akehi said:
Thing is, it isn't even "a bunch of shit" anymore. They aren't releasing ANYTHING now.

Serious question, NoA still have localization team?
It seems like those guys got pay for do NOTHING.

By statics they should localizate SOMETHING for default didn't they?

Im pretty sure it will come state side. It took the DS title some time to come out here as well as the UK version.

Just chill out and wait to hear something.

grandjedi6

Dragona Akehi said:
Thing is, it isn't even "a bunch of shit" anymore. They aren't releasing ANYTHING now.
I actually think Nintendo is discontinuing Wii titles faster than they are releasing them now.

grandjedi6 said:
I actually think Nintendo is discontinuing Wii titles faster than they are releasing them now.
The original Trace Memory got discontinued, which is one of my big concerns as to why the sequel wouldn't come out here. : /

grandjedi6

Buttonbasher said:
The original Trace Memory got discontinued, which is one of my big concerns as to why the sequel wouldn't come out here. : /
Nah, that's actually no reason to worry. Nintendo always dicontinues their more niche games after a few years. Even the Fire Emblem games vanish after a short while yet we know they sell well enough.

And to get back on the discussion of the games: The lack of voice acting is really disconcerting and weird sounding/looking. Even the little text sound seems to be ripped straight from the DS game. Disappointing.

Arde5643

In this thread we learned how Nintendo is either the biggest cocktease ever or one of the worst causes of blue balls.

grandjedi6

Shiggy said:
It's coming to Europe together with Layton 2, Rhythm Heaven and Glory of Heracles and all those other games you all think that won't see a release just because they have not been announced yet...
Speaking of Rhythm Heaven, the game finally appeared on Amazon.com and the ESRB

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
As an aside, I'm slightly more confused about Fatal Frame IV, as I just learned that it has Nintendo series cameos sprinkled throughout it... like a Zero Suit Samus and Luigi suit as unlockable clothing for the main character.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
nincompoop said:
40 BUCKS?! GTFO Nintendo

Placeholder - just like the release-date...u ppl should relax a bit and stop over reacting all the time....

@bryehn
:lol

RpgN

DavidDayton said:
As an aside, I'm slightly more confused about Fatal Frame IV, as I just learned that it has Nintendo series cameos sprinkled throughout it... like a Zero Suit Samus and Luigi suit as unlockable clothing for the main character.

Serious? I was going to get the game anyway, but now it's 10x more awesome. I love Samus and Luigi (more than Mario)! Yay!

About Another Code, it looks really good. The atmosphere and animation is top-notch, and I'm really liking the music (so peaceful). The gameplay looks like fun. NoE better bring it over!

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I didn't like Trace, but I loved Hotel Dusk. Hope Cing incorporates more of what made the latter good into this sequel.

BorkBork said:
I didn't like Trace, but I loved Hotel Dusk. Hope Cing incorporates more of what made the latter good into this sequel.
You can already see some gameplay bits from Hotel Dusk spilling over to this (like the conversation system giving you choices on what to say, and multiple conversation topics popping up.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Man, can't wait. A marriage between the setting and characters of Trace Memory with the quality and writing of Hotel Dusk...

:D

M3d10n

I really, really like what they're doing with the graphics here, specially the backgrounds. In stills it's hard to tell which ones are 3D and which ones are 100% illustrations.

Varshes

So I did the softmod to play imports and promptly preordered Another Code R. I can't wait for you forever, NoA.

grandjedi6 said:
Well I'm assuming the other yellow haired guy (with glasses) is his dad so...

Actually, I'm pretty sure the guy with the glasses is...

*Trace Memory Spoilers*
Ashley's dad, Richard. This information is a spoiler if you haven't played the first Trace Memory because someone impersonates Richard during that game. Though I guess that young blonde guy could still be Richard's son. That would be interesting.

Top Bottom