• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Official Thread: Live in your world, play in ours.

Sorry if I missed this if was mentioned in the thread, but are the copies of LBP that area already in stores that aren't supposed to be sold just going to get recycled? Are they just going to be sold as normal once the game is out, and there'll be some patch or something on launch day?

Basically are the copies that people are already playing with going to be rare/unique in any way?

SaitoH

Firehead said:
I hate scratch cards.
Finally found my Kratos card and I completely ruin it by trying to scratch the grey stuff off. ): Hopefully GameStop'll give me another one
Will just say I never got mine?

Jesus, same damn thing just happened to me. A sticker over the code was a stupid idea.

Concept17

Got a call last night saying they would have it this afternoon. Gonna grab it here in an hour or two. Can't fucking wait.

Soooo excited to start making levels after unlocking everything.

jmonteiro

The_Inquisitor said:
I'm so pissed of I didn't pre-order now.

I had my pre-order with Amazon but this morning went to GameStop and they sold me a copy anyway. I just told them I got a call from them to pick it up and they believed me :D :D :D

I feel someone is going to get really pissed when they go there to pick up their copy

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Its good to see people finally getting to play lbp. Even though i got the game before the delay was mentioned I was pissed that it got delayed because that meant no one in here talking about it.

MThanded

Marty Chinn said:
So does anyone know if there is a way to tell the difference between the recalled version and the new pressing yet?
Does it matter? There is a patch for the old version already available in the EU. Is this a collector question or a gameplay question or just curiosity.

EDit:
Yeah listening to the track is the way to find out as stated above.

MThanded

Codes and servers are still down.

Got an actual call from my gamestop telling me that the copy i preordered to get the code was in :lol . Anyone in the baltimore area that needs a copy but doesnt have a preorder? I have had my copy.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Damn, my gamestop says they aren't set up for Sat. deliveries and to check back on Monday.

All 3 employees in the store (including manager) were like WTF are you talking about when I mentioned the phone call from yesterday.

Damn Donkey your a beast!
Thats an awesome level, and I CANNOT wait to play it. I watched half of the video, and stop cuz I want to experience it myself. Good job once again!

GQman2121

Banned
MThanded said:
Codes and servers are still down.

Got an actual call from my gamestop telling me that the copy i preordered to get the code was in :lol . Anyone in the baltimore area that needs a copy but doesnt have a preorder? I have had my copy.

Power Gamer at the Plaza was selling them last weekend.

I've got my copy now, but no pre-order game pouch/sack, which I really want for some reason.

MThanded said:
Does it matter? There is a patch for the old version already available in the EU. Is this a collector question or a gameplay question or just curiosity.

EDit:
Yeah listening to the track is the way to find out as stated above.

Both collector and curiosity. Just curious if they did anything to the outside packaging or even a number change on the disc?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
i got my copy. i almost DONT want to play it cause i really never want to play alone. ill just wait until some people get off work and it's gonna be on :D

Elios83

I'm wondering what they have fixed in these new copies, it's less than a week since the original release date, it's unlikely they are newly pressed copies.

tehbear

_tetsuo_ said:
i got my copy. i almost DONT want to play it cause i really never want to play alone. ill just wait until some people get off work and it's gonna be on :D

Same here, but I couldn't resist.

People who are lamenting about the servers being down and wanting to play co-op story:

Get a couple of other dudes over for the evening, some beers, and start playing through story levels. It is seriously a blast, got my friends more interested in the game and a ps3 (one of them probably said "this game is amazing" 6 times last night), and you'll start getting the multiplayer-only items.
Heck, with the hugely expanded number of costumes from what the beta had, people were having a blast just dressing up thier sackboys. Awesome.

Was just preordering Valkyria Chronicles and I saw this sitting on the shelf at EB here in Toronto. Looks like everyone already knows. I'm really surprised the servers are not up though... :/

MrPonx

Had a 4 hours session with my wife and her friend

two people who are used to Mario-Party stuff

I thought that it will be frustrating to have them on board especially with some stages that require skills..

hey, I was so wrong.. we had a BLAST.. and reached
India
:D

C.Dark.DN

Banned
HappyBivouac said:
People who are lamenting about the servers being down and wanting to play co-op story:

Get a couple of other dudes over for the evening, some beers, and start playing through story levels. It is seriously a blast, got my friends more interested in the game and a ps3 (one of them probably said "this game is amazing" 6 times last night), and you'll start getting the multiplayer-only items.
Heck, with the hugely expanded number of costumes from what the beta had, people were having a blast just dressing up thier sackboys. Awesome.
Can't wait till my sister comes over.

Baker

Banned
Ok then, so I'm not crazy that the Kratos pre-order code doesn't work yet? I almost took the card back to Gamestop.

Game is fucking awesome. I had a goofy smile on my face the entire time. Hopefully I can get some buddies over tonight.

HoTHiTTeR

Baker said:
Ok then, so I'm not crazy that the Kratos pre-order code doesn't work yet? I almost took the card back to Gamestop.

Game is fucking awesome. I had a goofy smile on my face the entire time. Hopefully I can get some buddies over tonight.

Mine doesn't work either :(

dallow_bg said:
Holy crap Donkey Show.

That stage is amazing.

Really fitting music too. I'm sure Media Molecule will recognize you.
*crosses fingers*

Glad you like it! Cool thing is, I'm not really done with the stage yet. Still adding some visual flair to it thanks to my brother who came over today and pointed it out.

Before:

lbpazure20.jpg

After:

lbpazure21.jpg

The level is going to look a lot more lively by the time the servers come up.

And the link to my finalized level "The Azure Palace": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBJlkpTIw48

matmanx1

Dont the servers have to be up before the codes will redeem correctly? Anyway, my Gamestop called and they got Saturday delivery of LBP so I'm gonna head into town tonight and pick it up. Cant wait!

I had my doubts about this game, I don't know why.

Playing through the "story mode" right now, and it's awesome! Only had a couple of spots so far that made me go what the fuck!?

I haven't tried the create aspect yet, how user friendly is it?

Has it been said when the servers are going up?

MThanded

The posts in this thread confirm my beliefs. People are coming home putting it in trying to redeem the codes and play other peoples levels but its not up. I'm assuming it might take until monday or tuesday. I pretty much got flamed for asking about it yesterday because someone kept claiming that the release date is monday when the game actually has no new release date. I am sure a huge company like gamestop would not be breaking release dates all over the place.

Note: I am not blaming media molecule. I am just confused at what is going on.

HoTHiTTeR

MThanded said:
The posts in this thread confirm my beliefs. People are coming home putting it in trying to redeem the codes and play other peoples levels but its not up. I'm assuming it might take until monday or tuesday. I pretty much got flamed for asking about it yesterday because someone kept claiming that the release date is monday when the game actually has no new release date. I am sure a huge company like gamestop would not be breaking release dates all over the place.

Actually, Street date changed to 10/24/08 per emails that Gamestops and BestBuys all got.

MThanded

HoTHiTTeR said:
Actually, Street date changed to 10/24/08 per emails that Gamestops and BestBuys all got.
Someone in here said i was mistaken though and not to expect anything until the 27th because that is the true release date. Also that person said I was dense and could not read but thats a totally different story.

dejay

Banned
MThanded said:

Sony and MM are handling it the same way they've handled everything from the withdrawn picture use, the withdrawn public demo, the withdrawn public demo levels on Blu-ray, the miserly handed out beta keys and the last-minute-blue-balls-inducing recall. That is, on the run and very badly.

MThanded said:
Someone in here said i was mistaken though and not to expect anything until the 27th because that is the true release date. Also that person said I was dense and could not read but thats a totally different story.

Seriously man, get the fuck over it.

Top Bottom