• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Official Thread: Live in your world, play in ours.

I have my copy, and it's good fun. Was a little skeptical before, but I'm hooked now! Waiting for the server and the codes to be active. Got a few "Kratos Pack" codes to trade for spare Nariko codes as well! :D

For anyone who cares, this is the difference on the cover of LBP to differentiate the recalled version from the patched version:

- Product ID changed from BCUS 98148 to BCUS 98199
- Product SKU changed from 711719 814825 to 711719 819929
- Removal of DTS logo
- Removal of DTS legal text
- Removal of warning that Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB
- Spine slightly darker

Marty Chinn said:
For anyone who cares, this is the difference on the cover of LBP to differentiate the recalled version from the patched version:

- Removal of DTS logo
- Spine slightly darker

When is the game supposed to automatically patch? I don't think the game patched for me.

sholmes said:
Yeah, but how will they limit it to people who had LBP the first week? If it's just a free download on the PSN store, then anyone can download it regardless of whether they have LBP.

well if they had a store link through LBP it would have been easier [unless there is] for others not to be able to download.

Gully State said:
When is the game supposed to automatically patch? I don't think the game patched for me.

I think when the servers go live. Since you have it, can you answer the DTS question? Does the original support it? Or was that a mistake?

Baha

Marty Chinn said:
You probably have the original one then. What's the product ID on yours? Check the spine for that at the bottom.

BCUS 98199

I should mention that on my case, the dts logo is on the back on top of the MM & Blu Ray logos.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Ah, then the fact that my comp couldnt connect to the servers makes sense since the game isnt "out" yet, that puts me at ease.

What about the Sephiroth sackboy and all that stuff? Is that in the game as an unlockable or will it be available post launch?

Awesome game so far btw :)

Baha

Marty Chinn said:
Well now that's odd. Mine clearly does not have a DTS logo anymore next to the MM and Blu-Ray logos but it does on my recalled version. Hmm, multiple covers?

It even has the same product SKU number you posted earlier. Maybe a misprint?

lupinko

Got mine from Ebgames, this kinda blows though because of this recall I now have to figure out what to do with my Futureshop preorder (because they had Nariko, and told me I wouldn't get the beta code until the game is sold to me).

Anyone know if FS is giving the beta codes now for Nariko? Or my local store is just dumb?

2vw6343.jpg

Teknoman

lupinko said:
Got mine from Ebgames, this kinda blows though because of this recall I now have to figure out what to do with my Futureshop preorder (because they had Nariko, and told me I wouldn't get the beta code until the game is sold to me).

Anyone know if FS is giving the beta codes now for Nariko? Or my local store is just dumb?

Can you pick it up from FS, keep the code, and then return the unopened game?

Guled

lupinko said:

when you pre ordered you were supposed to get a promotional ps3 case with the code inside it. Take your recite back and ask for it

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I'm going to see tomorrow if my local Gamestops have it and if they can give me the God of War bonuses. I already have the Nariko bonus... I know...

i went to gamestop today while i was at the mall and they said they had it in but couldn't sell it to non-preorderers. :(

is there a way i can get the kratos costume without ordering from GS? im just going to get it from amazon (free shipping no tax), but sony should release kratos anyways!

h3ro

WasabiKing said:
I have my copy, and it's good fun. Was a little skeptical before, but I'm hooked now! Waiting for the server and the codes to be active. Got a few "Kratos Pack" codes to trade for spare Nariko codes as well! :D

All I can offer you is my friendship... :(

Poigea

Called all the Gamestops in my area and finally found one that said they had extra copies. I get there and they try not to sell it to me, luckily the person I had called was the manager and I end up walking out with a copy.

Asked if they had any extra Kratos pre-order codes, and the cashier was about to have a fit. Couldn't believe I was getting it without pre-ordering and that I would then ask for a code, oh well it was worth a shot...

Played the first 5-6 levels so far and I love it, its really fun. Now I am about to invest some time creating. We will see how that goes.

vdo

So now that people are picking up the new versions, what did they change the music in that one level to?

Did they just edit out those lines, or did they replace the music with something entirely different?

h3ro

vdo said:
So now that people are picking up the new versions, what did they change the music in that one level to?

Did they just edit out those lines, or did they replace the music with something entirely different?

I believe its now just an instrumental...

womfalcs3

Banned
Wait... why did they waste money reprinting the covers? It's just one track removed. That changes everything about the game's referencing?

Teknoman

h3ro said:
I believe its now just an instrumental...

Just an instrumental. It still covers the feel of the level, but the lyrics added that special something. Also the JP language tutorial for Sprung bolt is gone...guess that was a glitch.

On a side note, the stage after Swinging Safari has some great music. Im guessing its an int set.

Keep forgetting online isnt enabled yet though.

Baha

Forgot to mention one more thing, my EB didn't have the GoW level + 2 costume bonus but said they should be out soon, just have to bring back my receipt to claim a copy.

Len1978 said:
nice work dude can't wait to play it. Don't pay attention to the haters.
Nah, I find it hilarious myself. It's like the hater's ball in the Chappelle show, but way more retarded. :lol

Did I mention how awesomely you presented your level in that vid? Very inspirational, I'm surprised how people are able to convey the presence of water in this game.
Thanks man. Seriously though, it was dumb luck.

Mirimar

Has anyone gotten the trophies for completing entire areas? Like for The Gardens, I swear I've done all the stages at 100%, even the community key score attack ones. Is there something I'm missing? 3 community key stages, 3 of the core stages, and the intro stage.

theBishop said:
Has anyone played "The Bunker" yet? It's one of the harder levels, but the design is damn awesome.
I was stuck for so long on this one. But it was pretty damn amazing. It's going to be tough to Ace it.

HoTHiTTeR

Mirimar said:
Has anyone gotten the trophies for completing entire areas? Like for The Gardens, I swear I've done all the stages at 100%, even the community key score attack ones. Is there something I'm missing? 3 community key stages, 3 of the core stages, and the intro stage.

I don't think i needed 100% to get the trophy, just to have completed all the levels.

neoism

Does anyone have an answer to whether or not the gamestop LBP preorder code will get you all 3 GOW characters and the level or does it have to have it on the card you get from EB! I got the old one, are they the same!????

Struct09

Marty Chinn said:

- Removal of DTS logo
- Spine slightly darker

Strange that they removed the DTS references

Top Bottom