• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Official Thread: Live in your world, play in ours.

Game is really awesome....just getting into the first levels and I'm really enjoying it. Like everyone else I can't wait for the servers to get up, and also for the creation tools to open up to me. I have a feeling this game is gonna make me get an EyeToy. I was skeptical about me wanting to create at all in this game, but I think I might just give it at try.....

HiVision

The Islands/"japanese" level is frickin hard!! I got quite frustrated with it but finally got through it. It all looks extremely pretty tho

It's a shame the music wasn't more Japanese-y tho, like some of the tracks from Kill Bill.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Got my copy today, been playing ever fucking since. SO GOOD the level design in many instances is absolutely incredible, especially the co-op vignettes.

Dicking around in the editor in co-op mode is pretty unintuitive but its a really good way to come up with new ideas for later more focused level design.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm on Metropolis right now and the game has really impressed me. I was kind of on the fence about getting this one at launch because of all of them other games coming out but it has really changed my mind. Once the servers get up we'll see if it meets it's potential.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I beat the
bunker..................................................
Copying/backing up save file nao

Chris_C

I thought the Indian level was the most imaginative, mad stuff and funky tunes.

I can't believe this game doesn't support custom soundtracks though, I hate creating a level in silence.

neojubei

HiVision said:
The Islands/"japanese" level is frickin hard!! I got quite frustrated with it but finally got through it. It all looks extremely pretty tho

It's a shame the music wasn't more Japanese-y tho, like some of the tracks from Kill Bill.

Using some of the music from kill bill would work in this game.

Adama

Is there a way to save your pod like you save your costumes? God knows how many times people messed my pod in the beta.

This game is awesome.

I saw some of those youtube's of people making the music levels (Terra's theme, etc.) I can't wait to unlock that stuff, and start making those. I remember back in the day on OoT just getting various tunes down on the Ocarina. After seeing some of the music levels, I think LBP might bring that obsession back.

Ploid 3.0

Linkzg said:
Where are the last two stickers in "skate to victory"? I think I need the knight lion sticker, but I don't know where it is.

Lion = Map maker tutorial somewhere. Go through all of the level maker tutorials anyway just to have everything from that and be done with it. I'm not sure what other sticker you need, but it might be there also.

Mik2121

So I guess servers aren't UP yet, right?

I'll check later by myself, anyway..

BTW, regarding Acing all the levels, why the hell do some people keep talking about Tie Skipping (or whatever it was)?. You don't need to ace any of the levels with the blue face on it, only the ones with the girl's face.

Picked the game up from Game Crazy earlier and I've been playing it non stop since then. I'm up to the India levels and I'm loving it. Wish the servers were up so I could do all the multiplayer parts I've had to pass.

Ploid 3.0 said:
Lion = Map maker tutorial somewhere. Go through all of the level maker tutorials anyway just to have everything from that and be done with it. I'm not sure what other sticker you need, but it might be there also.

thanks

neojubei

This is the first game that actually made me use 2 controllers at once and just now, 2 ps3 controllers and a usb pc controller. wow. multi-tasking.....

Got the
Chinese Dragon mask
all by myself. :D

Teknoman said:
Anyone notice the wooden sword being held by a sackperson in the manual?

Yea. :D

edit: I just realized that even finishing the story mode, I have yet to crack open the manual until now.

Teknoman

:lol I dunno if I should cheat and do that, or just wait till I can get someone to co-op with me to snag the co-op items. Gonna be cool to see the various sackpeople that everyone uses.

RobbieNick said:
NOTE TO SELF: Never join systemwars forum. Site is full of nothing but assholes.

Seriously, you show off your nice level and they treat you like that??! Fuck them!
Haha, I didn't post my work over there but I found their reasonings hilarious. They can all live in their sad worlds of serious gaming.

Sites like that make you appreciate GAF a lot more, granted we have our moments of stupidity as well. At least it sounds informed when it happens. :lol

BlacKMaRK

Banned
just got done playing some more LBP, im currently about halfway through the canyons. WOW, the level designs just get more and more spectacular(and difficult). The music is fantastic, and co-op is soooo much fun.

I cant wait till the servers go up so i can co-op with some of youz guyz. BTW, im having trouble getting 100% on "get a grip". Any help?¿

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I see more motorstorm/resistance commercials than LBP commercials :(

Got my copy today...aced/completed 100% the first stage, Kings one.

Is there anyway to ”shave" parts off objects? Also is there a way to make the mouth invisible? I want to have a fish talk, but don't want that ugly mouth stamped on its back.

Baha

I'm on the 2nd last world now, game is really addictive and the difficulty really ramps up in the later levels, especially for a completest like myself (I can't ignore any prize bubbles I see). To get the Play trophy, I just need to beat each level once w/o dying right?

Mik2121

Blu_LED said:
Is there anyway to ”shave" parts off objects? Also is there a way to make the mouth invisible? I want to have a fish talk, but don't want that ugly mouth stamped on its back.

You can shave parts off objects by either deleting it (triangle) or editing it's corners.

As for the mouth, click square to go to the options and check the invisible option.

neojubei

Corran Horn said:

Same here, both motorstorm and resistance have awesome commercials, but i want to see a LBP one too.

Corran Horn said:

Maybe Sony is waiting to allocate their LBP ad budget for Late November/December?

R2/MS2 are hardcore games. LBP has some casual appeal.

Facism

mysmilie_572.gif

:lol rest of that forum is shyte

Mik2121 said:
You can shave parts off objects by either deleting it (triangle) or editing it's corners.

As for the mouth, click square to go to the options and check the invisible option.
I was kinda thinking like how the eraser works in Microsoft Paint. Is there anyway to do that? I remember seeing someone do it with a wood background a long time ago.

Also I tried to turn to option of "Visable" to off, and its still there....

BlacKMaRK

Banned
Blu_LED said:
I was kinda thinking like how the eraser works in Microsoft Paint. Is there anyway to do that? I remember seeing someone do it with a wood background a long time ago.

Also I tried to turn to option of "Visable" to off, and its still there....

well what i used to do to "shave" parts down was to get a circular piece of sponge and make it as small as you can. Make it 1,2 or 3 planes deep(depending on your needs) and slowly go over the object(s) you want to shave while holding down the triangle button.

BlacKMaRK

Banned
Mik2121 said:
If you don't want the thermometer to fill up like crazy, I wouldn't suggest you using the circle eraser...

now that i think about it, my thermometer did fill up pretty fast.
Do you have any tips as to what can be done so the thermometer doesnt fill up so fast?

Teknoman

donkey show said:
You should have seen the comments on my RRoD stage on youtube. Tardism at its finest.

Just gimme more views guys. :lol

Worse i've had is someone call my level shit. But on the bright side, at least i'm not a moran. It's all good.

Mik2121

BlacKMaRK said:
now that i think about it, my thermometer did fill up pretty fast.
Do you have any tips as to what can be done so the thermometer doesnt fill up so fast?

If you want to create landscape, create an small box and go to corner editing and start shaping it up from there. That way it will have a way lower amount of corners, which is what makes the thermometer fill up so fast.

Top Bottom