• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Official Thread: Live in your world, play in ours.

kevm3

Just got it today from Gamestop, but I really won't be able to dig in until tomorrow.

The jumping seems tighter from what I played over the beta.

Mirimar

OMG, the international flair that this game has is incredible, mostly due to its amazing soundtrack. That one pop song in the 3rd area is so damned catchy, I have to find it :lol

*edit* Actually, that's not French at all, just realized that. lol

BlacKMaRK said:
well what i used to do to "shave" parts down was to get a circular piece of sponge and make it as small as you can. Make it 1,2 or 3 planes deep(depending on your needs) and slowly go over the object(s) you want to shave while holding down the triangle button.
So I'm guessing you can do that with any object, not just sponge right? They should have just created an easer object that stood on its own.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Protip 1: after you make your shape use the corner editor and delete unneeded corners. I had this problem earlier this week when building a large mountain for my dune buggy level.

ARgghhh servers argghhhhh

Facism said:
mysmilie_572.gif

:lol rest of that forum is shyte
Yeah, at least their smilies are awesome. :lol

Worse i've had is someone call my level shit. But on the bright side, at least i'm not a moran. It's all good.
Thanks, I'm an LBP moran.

At least I get their best efforts. SHOW ME YOUR RAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!! :D

HoTHiTTeR

I was 1
timed explosive
away from
beating Zapata
:( This game is pure fun, and yet so challenging. I'm working my ass off to get every little thing I can in these levels, and yet I'm only clearing large levels @ 60% or less. Also, I've never been more impressed by a game which has every single texture imported at such a high quality. This game is GOTY hands down to me.
I'm hoping I can still say that after playing Gears 2 :lol

just got mine from gamestop tonight before seeing saw 5 (meh)....

bout to give it a twirl for a few before I goto sleep.....

cool that gamestop got it earlier than the 27th

Teknoman

Cant wait to get some 4 player co-op action going, at least with the story mode stages.

EDIT: Are there any sci-fi stages/alienish textures/ electronic or sci-fi sounding music items?

You know how there are little medals on top of the level after you beat it? There is one for acing it, one for getting 100% on it, and one other that I forget. There should be one to indicate that you completed it in Co-op mode.

Mik2121

Teknoman said:
Cant wait to get some 4 player co-op action going, at least with the story mode stages.

EDIT: Are there any sci-fi stages/alienish textures/ electronic or sci-fi sounding music items?

The last "area" is a bit sci-fi style (just a bit, it's like a Russian bunker and all that, with spinning electric stuff and whatnot) and the music is probably the best one in the whole game (the Intelligent Music, I mean). It might work :)

Blu_LED said:
You know how there are little medals on top of the level after you beat it? There is one for acing it, one for getting 100% on it, and one other that I forget. There should be one to indicate that you completed it in Co-op mode.

Yep, an smiling face for having reached the end, a bag for getting 100% and an spade for acing it.

Teknoman

Mik2121 said:
The last "area" is a bit sci-fi style (just a bit, it's like a Russian bunker and all that, with spinning electric stuff and whatnot) and the music is probably the best one in the whole game (the Intelligent Music, I mean). It might work :)

Ah cool.

I got a extra Kratos code so if you got a Nariko code your willing to trade for it PM me.
I'm probably going to sleep now but will reply tomorrow morning.

Sorry if this has been answered but I have some questions:

My gamestop code (Kratos sacboy) didn't work, is it because servers aren't up yet?

Does anyone know when the "launch" space man sacboy and Old Snake sacboy will be available?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Solideliquid said:
Sorry if this has been answered but I have some questions:

My gamestop code (Kratos sacboy) didn't work, is it because servers aren't up yet?

Does anyone know when the "launch" space man sacboy and Old Snake sacboy will be available?

Yes
No
No

Teknoman said:

There are alien sounds and whatnot. You can easily do sci-fi stuff like fleshboats and whatnot as well along with the metals in game. Granted this was only in the beta, I made a pretty fresh giant alien that got lost in a save corrupt.

lbpmechagaf1.jpg

lupinko

Guled said:
when you pre ordered you were supposed to get a promotional ps3 case with the code inside it. Take your recite back and ask for it

Oh ok, because when I got the promotional case there was nothing inside it, I'm going to go complain tomorrow. >:|

Valion

Idioteque said:
Does gamestop have the game? Has anyone gotten a copy without preordering?

Yes and yes. I personally didn't have any luck there (the store near me didn't have enough to even cover preorders), but others in the thread have. The GameCrazy near me, on the other hand, had plenty though they weren't out on display yet.

Mik2121

The Kratos code doesn't work yet, even after the patch. But now (as some users with the EUR version already said) it says there was an error connecting to the servers, but it doesn't show the error code.

Teknoman

Mik2121 said:
The Kratos code doesn't work yet, even after the patch. But now (as some users with the EUR version already said) it says there was an error connecting to the servers, but it doesn't show the error code.

Guess they still arent up yet. Maybe Monday?

Phreaker

A moment ago after the patch I was getting the ususal error, minus the (402) when trying to connect. Now I am being prompted to accept the EULA, then it fails to connect. They're up to something..

sholmes

Neo Member
neojubei said:
Broke down and bought Volver a Comenzar from itunes. :D I love that song.
Thank you! I guessed this was the song I loved from the Wedding stage and I was right. You saved me some searching. Somehow Media Molecule managed to find music for this game that is just as charming as the visuals.

Someone should start a soundtrack list for this game.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Phreaker said:
A moment ago after the patch I was getting the ususal error, minus the (402) when trying to connect. Now I am being prompted to accept the EULA, then it fails to connect. They're up to something..
Servers prolly just waiting for the switch now :/

Mik2121

FINALLY!!! They have fixed something that bothered a lot of us creators!

Now whenever you place bolts and all that, if you have the edit mode on GRID, it will get fixed to the grid. Yay!!!

Mik2121 said:
FINALLY!!! They have fixed something that bothered a lot of us creators!

Now whenever you place bolts and all that, if you have the edit mode on GRID, it will get fixed to the grid. Yay!!!
Nice, that'll make things easier. :D

Somnia

Wow is all I can say really...this game is fucking incredible. I have to go to bed though, but I don't want to stop playing :lol

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Why don't I have the Expert Creator trophy? The one for completing all tutorial levels.

I'm pretty sure I've done them all. I don't have the option to play next tutorial anymore.

Can anyone hit start and go to voiceovers and check how many they have?

I have 27 video things and 13 voice overs.

Valion

dallow_bg said:
Why don't I have the Expert Creator trophy? The one for completing all tutorial levels.

I'm pretty sure I've done them all. I don't have the option to play next tutorial anymore.

Have you done the various tutorials for all the connectors and switches? They'll show up the first time you try to use them, rather than through the Next Tutorial button.

dallow_bg said:

Did you do the ones for all the individual tools?

I was just thinking.. with the servers not up yet and community creations being most of the game, how can these gaming reviewers even assign a 10 out of 10 based on their experience? I mean I'm playing through this stuff and all I can comment on is just the fundamental mechanics of the game.

Top Bottom