• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monolith Soft inteview: The future of Disaster, possibility of new Baten Kaitos

JoeFenix

YESSSSSSSS!

Game looks way too badass not to come out here, It just looks fun in a really dumb old-school way. Throws cool shit at you all the time, crazy over the top cutscenes. Just pure fun!

Day 1 bitches!

jesusraz

Disaster will likely be a Q1/Q2 2009 game for the US now, and with any luck BK and BKO will be added to the 'Play on Wii' range along with Skip's GiFTPiA and Odama... :)

scitek

Frencherman said:
Seems like god have heard you wishes, america
boll.jpg

Regulus Tera said:
YOU BETTER NOT BE TOYING WITH MY FEELINGS

Now ask about Captain Rainbow and Fatal Frame 4.
I swear to God I am not :>

Even though I don't care about these I sent another message about Captan Rainbow(i am pretty sure this won't be released :() and Fatal Frame 4 (my sister is a fan of the series, she would be preety happy to get this) anyway.

...Why I am the only one who got a replay about this ..?

MoogPaul

I picked up Disaster from PAL land to play on my HBC here in America. I really like the game. The story plays out like Metal Gear, in a B Movie cheese kind of way. It's a fun little game that with the right marketing could of done well, but it seems like Nintendo has a point to make with this game, sending a core title to it's grave as early as possible. Just so they can come back later and go, "Well core gamers, we release disaster and no body bought it."

Wii Will Rock U said:
I was a huge Cuber but I never played the original Baten Kaitos or 2. Are they worth going on eBay and picking up?
Origins is, but the original helps give Origins context, so it's a question of whether you really want both or not.

MoogPaul

Wii Will Rock U said:
I was a huge Cuber but I never played the original Baten Kaitos or 2. Are they worth going on eBay and picking up?

both are worth it, especially considering you can get them for like 6 bucks each off of amazon.

ivysaur12

Banned
The first Baten Kaitos is a good game, but not as good as Origins. They're both worth it though.

And holy shit at that email. I still haven't got a reply though...

I remember having a good time overall with Baten Kaitos, but I don't think I enjoyed it all that much while playing it. Don't regret it, though.

Origins I enjoyed all the way through.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
whether or not the game gets localized has no connection to the content of that reply. customer service is not authorized to disclose any information that is not already known. if you write customer service and receive a reply that you believe is new information, either you are mistaken about it being new information or they are telling you incorrect information.

this is the latter, likely because the title is there as a placeholder in their system.

Wii Will Rock U said:

If you want to play a mediocre RPG to get the end of the story, play BK first. Once you play BKO, you will not want to go back and finish BK. But get BKO regardless. Don't forget to turn off voice acting if you play BK.

For what it is worth, I got a replay about Captain Rainbow and Fatal Frame 4...:
NintendoFF4andCRe-mail.jpg

the rest is just copy-paste of the Disaster replay.
By the same guy Dervin Camden.

Here is my original message if some are interested:
Dear Nintendo of America

I want to ask about the game Captain Rainbow, If it will have a US release or not.
Although I am not from America My Wii system is American and our local store in my country imports American games, so the games that will be released in the US will be released in my country as well.

And I want to ask about Fatal Frame 4 too, This game has been released in Japan by Nintendo, so is there any chance of it to be released in the US as well? There are some confusion about who will publish it, when Mr. Reggie said to talk to the publisher of the game when he was asked about it.
Then when Tecmo was been asked if they will publish the game in the US their comment was ask Nintendo.
So can you please confirm if the game will be released in the US or not? Just to clear the confusion.

Thanks for your time

I am still finding that being the only one here that get's replays is a little bit creppy >.>

Top Bottom