• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orioto art thread - New VG wall every thursday!

Nice to see it has some love :)

So i now know what will be next week's game. It's really unexpected so i will let you be surprised about it :)

Let's just post a clue!

swgdfgh.jpg

Spyro? :B

Have you done a Kiki's Delivery Service piece in teh style of your recent work? I saw this, and wondered if you had any others:

tumblr_mtn8w2ww3c1qdq8qno1_500.jpg

A big block of purple, clearly a character from Thomas was Alone, either that or smash speculation has conditioned me to think of big + purple = Ridley.

Really though I have no idea.

I hope it doesn't break your screens, nor your eyes :p

CVPV1l-WEAAVO-j.jpg:large

Limited print Here:
Wallpapers Here:

Next week not sure yet. I had no answers about the last of Us poster with giraffes :p For the snow one i don't know, maybe Christmas Nights ? But maybe later then!

This is top tier. I'm running out of wall space but I certainly need this.

This helps me understand my thoughts of "I swear purple brick walls were in a game I played recently", now it makes sense, I wasn't going mad.

Also my DKC2 piece has arrived (its glorious!), time to fill that final gap on my rooms wall.

Oh wow I did not think I would be seeing this one from you.

I mean, I just bought my third and fourth piece of yours so I'm not sure I have room. But when I move house I will definitely consider it depending on wall space.

orioto

Good Art™
Here it is then!

Undertale!

CV0ksJyWIAEQORx.jpg:large

50 Prints: Here
Wallpapers: Here

So i know for the Christmas week i'll do a xmas Night picture. Next week, not sure, maybe my TLOU art but i'm not sure what it should be yet.

Shizza

So i know for the Christmas week i'll do a xmas Night picture. Next week, not sure, maybe my TLOU art but i'm not sure what it should be yet.

Oooh, a Christmas one would be grand! Any ideas yet? If not, I'd love to suggest something like the winter version of the Animal Crossing track in MK8.

And thanks again for posting the progress pictures. Somehow I haven't heard of Undertale before, but now I am intrigued, and will have to look into it.

Looks great as always!

Your art has been my Playstation wallpaper ever since the Ps3 launched and provided this feature. Good to see the new work, love that Okami one, wow!

Henkka

Banned
Awesome work! :D

I don't know if you take suggestions, but... I think Captain Toad would be really cool to see in your style ...

orioto

Good Art™
Oooh, a Christmas one would be grand! Any ideas yet? If not, I'd love to suggest something like the winter version of the Animal Crossing track in MK8.

And thanks again for posting the progress pictures. Somehow I haven't heard of Undertale before, but now I am intrigued, and will have to look into it.

Looks great as always!

You should play undertale it's great :)
But you didn't read my post carefully, the Christmas will be Nights :p

Your art has been my Playstation wallpaper ever since the Ps3 launched and provided this feature. Good to see the new work, love that Okami one, wow!

Wow, Thx!

Awesome work! :D

I don't know if you take suggestions, but... I think Captain Toad would be really cool to see in your style ...

That's an idea :)

orioto

Good Art™
Damn i can't decide for my next one !!!

I'm hesitating between..

_last of Us but i can't find the concept for the poster
_Monkey Island (The underwater scene or the boat selling scene) but maybe it can wait some weeks. I'm not sure i got the audience for that.
-Normally i should do some FF but im trying to do a little less as i had success in widening my range of games. I'd like to do something FF Tactics but it's hard to fins what, and how to overcome some technical difficulties!

TSM

Here it is then!

Undertale!

CV0ksJyWIAEQORx.jpg:large

50 Prints: Here
Wallpapers: Here

I bought an extra large canvas print of this for my 9 year old daughter. She's fanatical about the game and will love this to death. You had perfect timing creating this right before Christmas.

orioto

Good Art™
I bought an extra large canvas print of this for my 9 year old daughter. She's fanatical about the game and will love this to death. You had perfect timing creating this right before Christmas.

Aawww that's you, nice :) I just hope you'll get it in time cause RB is not always super fast..

You're the only one who bought it actually, despite the kotaku article lol and the 550 tumblr notes. Disappointing.

As for the next one guys, ok for FFT, i think i have an idea of how to present that. I'll go for the sad scene:

11-capture_03012011_170501.png

TSM

Aawww that's you, nice :) I just hope you'll get it in time cause RB is not always super fast..

You're the only one who bought it actually, despite the kotaku article lol and the 550 tumblr notes. Disappointing.

I'm sorry to hear it, but to be fair the amount of fan created art for this game is enormous.

Always good work my friend.

It's not exactly a retro game but have you considered anything Silent Hill? I was thinking about SH2 and the scene where James finishes watching the VHS tape.

Most beautiful wall in the house.

12388101_1268833673142263_1852708058_n.jpg

I think I need to move the okami one somewhere else, the light reflecting (as you can see in the picture) just doesn't do the amazing work justice. Love your art Orioto!

orioto

Good Art™
Always good work my friend.

It's not exactly a retro game but have you considered anything Silent Hill? I was thinking about SH2 and the scene where James finishes watching the VHS tape.

I considered it actually, as i'm looking for more Playstation 2 era games.

Most beautiful wall in the house.

I think I need to move the okami one somewhere else, the light reflecting (as you can see in the picture) just doesn't do the amazing work justice. Love your art Orioto!

Thx for the pics :)

I will be buying the Dark Souls one in a few minutes.
So good.

And you did!

This Dark Souls piece is selling like crazy. My fastest selling art i think. The Okami one to. It's nice changing playgrounds!

orioto

Good Art™
Not sure it'll be finished today, but i'm getting there. progression wip

FFTWip01.jpg

FFTWip02.jpg

I could expand that isometric background, while keeping the minimalistic style of the game.

Shizza

Not sure it'll be finished today, but i'm getting there. progression wip

FFTWip01.jpg

FFTWip02.jpg

I could expand that isometric background, while keeping the minimalistic style of the game.

I love the transformation that took place just from adding in the blustery snow. The cold is palpable!

Just saw the thread for the first time and I was completely blown away after looking at the OP. That Persona 3 piece of Tartarus and the TP art on the previous page are stunning and I wish I had the cash to buy some prints and ship them to Germany ^^...

cptodin

Just saw the thread for the first time and I was completely blown away after looking at the OP. That Persona 3 piece of Tartarus and the TP art on the previous page are stunning and I wish I had the cash to buy some prints and ship them to Germany ^^...

Shipping to Germany is pretty low. Paid 6-7€ for two pieces.

TheExodu5

Banned
Can anyone comment on the metal or canvas prints?

I'm thinking metal would be great for the Dark Souls piece, but I'm unsure. Might go with the extra small just to see what it looks like.

orioto

Good Art™

Thx!

Actually i updated the OP with new ones and the soon to be sold out ones guys!

Orioto sama, since your Souls piece is selling so well, couple of my fave locales

They are too small sir :p But i won't do more Souls before some time anyway. At least some weeks! Now i wonder what cult game from the PS2/3 era i still have to do.

Can anyone comment on the metal or canvas prints?

I'm thinking metal would be great for the Dark Souls piece, but I'm unsure. Might go with the extra small just to see what it looks like.

At least i can advice you to always take a shiny finish for a dark piece cause matte makes things darker.

TheExodu5

Banned
Hmmm I'll need to think things over. Hopefully il order tonight.

Unfortunately, the place where I'd be hanging it right now is exposed to sunlight during part of the day...glossy may not be the best bet. Then again, that may only be temporary and it might go in a more light controlled environment in the future.

Leaning towards the small size now. Going to measure things tonight to gauge my options.

orioto

Good Art™
Hmmm I'll need to think things over. Hopefully il order tonight.

Unfortunately, the place where I'd be hanging it right now is exposed to sunlight during part of the day...glossy may not be the best bet. Then again, that may only be temporary and it might go in a more light controlled environment in the future.

Leaning towards the small size now. Going to measure things tonight to gauge my options.

It seems like a life defining choice sometimes when people buy a poster :p

orioto

Good Art™
NightWIP01.jpg

Wip for the nights into dreams one. Still pretty early and i'm not even exactly sure of everything there. It'll be a creative one! Won't stick precisely to the game.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This one is finished,

CWcqMz1WcAAS6Sd.jpg:large

50 Prints Here
Wallpapers Here

Nights in dream is next (Christmas)
Oh my goodness. A dream come true. I can't decide if I want this or your Tallon IV as a poster. New wallpaper here for sure - the snow is perfect for the holiday season.

I hate to be request guy #434355, but is there any chance you'll ever do Star Ocean 2? I know it's a pretty niche game, but is it on your radar at all?

killroy87

Holy shit, I only just discovered this thread, and your work is incredible! I love that F-Zero Seagull piece, is it available in a print?

Top Bottom