• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Outrun Online Arcade (XBLA/PSN) Official Thread

AZ Greg

Gonna grab this later to play with XBL buddies.

Quick question. I'm probably also going to pick up the PC version. Does that offer more than this version in terms of content?

Fantastic! Ports of classic arcade games are IMO what XBLA is all about. Sega has plenty to put out there, and I'm looking forward to VOOT later this spring.

Outrun is about as arcadey of a racer as you can get. The music, graphics, and controls (two buttons in automatic mode!) scream ease of play. Recommended.

marwan

Banned
whom ever is bitching about this game about the 720p and no euro remixes.....get on Steam and get the PC version, it runs silky smooth at 1920x1200, AA, Euro Remix and it only costs $9....and it's also compatible with the 360 controller. It also has online, but i believe no one plays it anymore.

marwan

Banned
AZ Greg said:
Gonna grab this later to play with XBL buddies.

Quick question. I'm probably also going to pick up the PC version. Does that offer more than this version in terms of content?

i only played the XBL version for one go, so im not sure about the content. but the PC graphics destroy the 360 version.

marwan said:
whom ever is bitching about this game about the 720p and no euro remixes.....get on Steam and get the PC version, it runs silky smooth at 1920x1200, AA, Euro Remix and it only costs $9....and it's also compatible with the 360 controller. It also has online, but i believe no one plays it anymore.

Does it support force feedback?

Just did a few quick runs, F40 controls just like I remember.

I miss the Euro remixes, but it's not a big deal. Didn't run into any bugs but I didn't play online yet. I feel it's worth the 800pts, great arcade racer to just pick up and play.

bryehn

So I ended up biting because the wife thought it looked cool.

Single Player is awesome, just like I remember it, though it's been at least 10 years since I played an OutRun game. Made it through on my 3rd try, ranked 990 something.

Multi is pretty bad so far. I find it takes 10 minutes just to get into a match most of the time, and sure enough, on my first MP run I end up driving out of the world :lol

Funny thing is that pylons were still there so I had an idea of where the track was...I ended up coming back to take 3rd place, heh. Besides that I find my car taking bumps from walls I never hit and stuff, not sure if it's a lag thing or what, but it's frustrating to say the least. I'm really not a fan of the lobby system either.

Seems worth the $10 if only for the SP experience, but that online needs patching desperately. How does a game with "Online" in the title make it through QA with a huge, huge bug like this?

I was actually talking about real force feedback on the PC, not rumble, anyway.

Bottom line anyway is that a big part of the draw is having a larger community to compete against, so superior PC graphics = meh. Can't get excited about that version.

marwan

Banned
so the 360 version is lacking the Outrun shop(you buy colors, music...), AA, 720p mode only. I also find the 360 version graphics way too sharp and rough looking. no where near as good as the PC version.

marwan said:
so the 360 version is lacking the Outrun shop(you buy colors, music...), AA, 720p mode only. I also find the 360 version graphics way too sharp and rough looking. no where near as good as the PC version.

Yes. The 360 version isn't as good looking as the PC version. We know. We don't care.

gkryhewy

marwan said:

On the positive side, I can play it on my nice TV in my home theater (such as it is).

Stoney Mason said:
Yes. The 360 version isn't as good looking as the PC version. We know. We don't care.

You knew? How did you know? I personally hadn't gathered that from his first three posts on the subject.

marwan said:

Well you go enjoy playing that PC version out there in your virtual ghost town. I've got several friends who picked this up and they can't be arsed to deal with the PC for gaming.

You're basically shitting up the thread about a different game. Go back in time and troll people who bought 2006 C2C for XBox/PS2/PSP, at least it's the same title.

Beezy

marwan said:
and it lack the remixed music and the outrun shop. still don't care?
You already have all the colors and music from the beginning. Not having the remixed music isn't a big deal, game still plays the same without them.

Gagaman said:
The PS2 version of Outrun 2006 doesn't work on the 60GB PS3, so I need to get this.

And the PS2 version looks like shit compared to the PC version! At least step up to the PS3 where it only looks like half shit compared to the PC Version!

ghibli99

ArchAngel said:
No, deleted everything (savegame + game) and redownloaded it numerous times now :/
I talked today with a few other people with the same problem. It's just as if the game doesn't load the next track.
Bummer. :( Hopefully this gets figured out soon.

As for the frame drops, that sucks too... although I've managed to stomach the choppy framerate of the PSP version, so hopefully this isn't nearly that bad.

For those comparing this to the PC version: The servers for the PC version of Outrun 2006 C2C have been offline for some time now, so no online play or leaderboards. This makes any comparison pretty futile...

Stoney Mason said:
Pretty fun so far. Somebody explain to me how to drift properly. By drift I mean powerslide around corners.
I initiate a slide the same way I do it in Ridge Racer. At the start of a turn I quickly release the gas, hit the brake, release the brake and hit the gas (if that makes any sense). The brake while turning throws the tail of the car out and then hitting the gas hard keeps the slide going. The trick is to gently guide the car with the left stick while sliding. Coming out of the slide is a whole other kind of skill that I am still working on.

pswii60

marwan said:
and it lack the remixed music and the outrun shop. still don't care?
Nobody cares! You know, I'm typing this on a powerful PC that could run it like a breeze. It might even extend my penis size. But I'd still rather go in my lounge, sit on the sofa and play the 360 version. YOU need to deal with this.

WiCkEd_Co

Just got this off the arcade, Are all the cars the same at handling? I don't see any stats on them when picking a car so are they all the same?

Go319

BrokenSymmetry said:
There is no offline career/mission mode, like the old disc-based games. This game is entirely focused on high-scoring for the leaderboards, and online play.

The leaderboards are:

- Outrun mode: Goal A, B, C, D, E, 15 continuous stages
- Heart attack: Goal A, B, C, D, E
- Time attack: Separate leaderboards for automatic and manual transmission, and standard/tuned cars (so 4 types of leaderboards for each goal).

Gah...lame.

will still buy cuz its outrun...

NeoGAFFer said:
So when I buy the full game, will there be a countdown timer in the Outrun mode just like the demo?

Yeah, except that when you get to the chekpoints you get extra seconds, it can't get any more arcadey than that!

I bought it, because I loved the few times I played the Arcade version, and I still love it, although I suck at it, just like in the arcade. :lol

Graphics are beautiful, is smooth ( I didn't noticied any framedrop) and online works well for me. No euro mixes sucks thought, but is not that big deal.

Top Bottom