• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May wrasslin' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
i2t7bc.gif

RBH

Kennedy was fired because he dropped Orton on his head by accident during the main event on Raw. Orton was furious, and WWE Officials were pissed at Kennedy for "almost injuring the WWE Champion", thus he was fired. Orton ended up stiffing Kennedy afterwards & even hurt his wrist because of how Orton hit the RKO on him.

credit: PWInsider Elite Audio

Bowser

^ Looks like RunWhiteBoyRun called it.

BTW, watching the SD! main event...Jericho wrestled in pants! He really needs to go back to long tights, watching him in trunks just feels wrong.

Kennedy was fired because he dropped Orton on his head by accident during the main event on Raw. Orton was furious, and WWE Officials were pissed at Kennedy for "almost injuring the WWE Champion", thus he was fired. Orton ended up stiffing Kennedy afterwards & even hurt his wrist because of how Orton hit the RKO on him.
Actually, it looks like in the GIF that Kennedy hurt his wrist right then and there and it may have even been why he botched the move too.

Wrekt

The camera angle wasn't the best for that move but it certainly didn't look bad enough to get him fired. In Japan they would have called Kennedy a pussy for protecting Orton so much :D. I was a fan of his but I can't say I'll miss him. He was injured so much I had forgotten about him until they started the promos last month.

Forkball

Yeah it looks like he hurt his wrist on the backdrop and not from the RKO. Orton's sell was a it weird but I just thought he was doing his temper tantrum bit. I think Kennedy has injured people in the ring before, so I guess they just decided that the current WWE champion was more important than a possible future one. I wonder how serious the wrist injury is though, maybe it's more so than led on. I wonder if he would still be released if he botched that move but didn't hurt his wrist.

Singho

The only time I ever thought Kennedy was any good was during that brief period when he and Edge were fueding. He shouted SO HARD in Edge's face. Hilarious.

But that was it. Wrestles shit, dry charisma, made others look shit with great ease...God, I remember this horrible match he had with HBK. I'll see if I can find it on youtube. He messed up everything, and you could really tell HBK gave him a proper beating for it.

Just seen that Orton\Kennedy gif.

No loss to the company.

Striker

Fuck Vince. This is the same guy who books like shit lately, feels RAW's main event scene is still relevant, and has been unable to push guys to main event status (many who deserve over others) since The Rock.

I hope Kennedy goes to TNA. RAW will still be dog shit as it has been.

Singho said:
The only time I ever thought Kennedy was any good was during that brief period when he and Edge were fueding. He shouted SO HARD in Edge's face. Hilarious.

But that was it. Wrestles shit, dry charisma, made others look shit with great ease...God, I remember this horrible match he had with HBK. I'll see if I can find it on youtube. He messed up everything, and you could really tell HBK gave him a proper beating for it.

No loss to the company.

Was it the Armageddon one? Thats the only one I have been able to find. Its on DM and YT.

I gotta say... you have to be really shitty to have a BAD match with HBK.

Sanjuro

Striker said:
Fuck Vince. This is the same guy who books like shit lately, feels RAW's main event scene is still relevant, and has been unable to push guys to main event status (many who deserve over others) since The Rock.

Who do you think should have in the time in between? The only wrestlers I would like to see with some runs would be the bigger guys (Kane / Big Show) as I never like them always to be the third wheel in story arcs and could possibly have entertaining angles which are usually more important than the matches themselves.

Personally I never really liked Kennedy too much. He never wowed me in any way possible.

Striker

SanjuroTsubaki said:
Who do you think should have in the time in between? The only wrestlers I would like to see with some runs would be the bigger guys (Kane / Big Show) as I never like them always to be the third wheel in story arcs and could possibly have entertaining angles which are usually more important than the matches themselves.

Personally I never really liked Kennedy too much. He never wowed me in any way possible.
Shelton Benjamin, John Morrison, CM Punk, Christian, Chris Jericho, MVP, and until recently, Jeff Hardy. Now I know some guys will need seasoning right now, such as Punk and Morrison, but these guys have just as ability as you would expect as a top performer in the company. Perhaps change up gimmicks, add valets, whatever. Orton didn't pan out alone back when he was champion as a face, and there was a clear reason.

Did you get to capture the paint dry of Backlash and Wrestlemania events starring Randy Orton? I have been a fan of his in terms of the mic, and how he gets heat, but good fucking god is his wrestling matches brutal. I can't pan all that on him, though, since Triple H and Batista are boring as hell, too. But for the #1 guy in the company to be like that in main events at large PPV's... it's just unexcuseable. The crowds were never into it. Even Cena/Edge/Big Show stunk at WM. Big Show and Cena also was terrible.

It's a shame guys like Taker, Kane, and HBK don't whine to the officials about being in the main events like fucking Dave Batista, because Taker and Michaels especially, carry PPV's and make incredible matches to watch and can carry anybody on the roster.

Sanjuro

Striker said:
Shelton Benjamin, John Morrison, CM Punk, Christian, Chris Jericho, MVP, and until recently, Jeff Hardy. Now I know some guys will need seasoning right now, such as Punk and Morrison, but these guys have just as ability as you would expect as a top performer in the company. Perhaps change up gimmicks, add valets, whatever. Orton didn't pan out alone back when he was champion as a face, and there was a clear reason.

Did you get to capture the paint dry of Backlash and Wrestlemania events starring Randy Orton? I have been a fan of his in terms of the mic, and how he gets heat, but good fucking god is his wrestling matches brutal. I can't pan all that on him, though, since Triple H and Batista are boring as hell, too. But for the #1 guy in the company to be like that in main events at large PPV's... it's just unexcuseable. The crowds were never into it. Even Cena/Edge/Big Show stunk at WM. Big Show and Cena also was terrible.

It's a shame guys like Taker, Kane, and HBK don't whine to the officials about being in the main events like fucking Dave Batista, because Taker and Michaels especially, carry PPV's and make incredible matches to watch and can carry anybody on the roster.
I actually went to Backlash. Was pretty meh until the crowd got me into the Edge/Cena match which turned out pretty cool. I think the only people you listed I would like in a title run role is of course Jericho and Christian. Shelton I don't see at all in that role and I would like the Intercontinental division beefed up. That right now is the biggest problem is there are too many belts and not enough wrestlers. Usually it is just a guy/guys with belt. No actual competition until they want it to change hands eventually.

Penguin

Striker said:

I want you to justify how Kennedy didn't have this coming.

You can't push someone that is that injury prone (insert Batista joke here), I mean he was going to be world champ when Taker got hurt, he got hurt, he was going to be Vince's son, he got busted for steroids, he injured Cena during his feud with Orton which screwed up tings, he hasn't been healthy in months, there were talks of him milking his shoulder injury and he comes back and almost injures the WWE champion again.

Striker

SanjuroTsubaki said:
I actually went to Backlash. Was pretty meh until the crowd got me into the Edge/Cena match which turned out pretty cool. I think the only people you listed I would like in a title run role is of course Jericho and Christian. Shelton I don't see at all in that role and I would like the Intercontinental division beefed up. That right now is the biggest problem is there are too many belts and not enough wrestlers. Usually it is just a guy/guys with belt. No actual competition until they want it to change hands eventually.
Oh, of course Christian and Jericho can do it NOW. It's a shame because WWE doesn't use them that way. Even Taker was pushed that way for the most part during '06-09. The title holders are always constant and they have the same, dull, letsseesomethingnew.gif gimmick. I think Vince is afraid to try something new, or change things up. Perhaps that's why he is trying this for Smackdown (though still using Edge as the top superstar) on a network that isn't as national as USA Network. Maybe seeing if this does, in fact, work, and after he'll move the changes onto RAW. I can dream, can't I?!

Penguin said:
I want you to justify how Kennedy didn't have this coming.

You can't push someone that is that injury prone (insert Batista joke here), I mean he was going to be world champ when Taker got hurt, he got hurt, he was going to be Vince's son, he got busted for steroids, he injured Cena during his feud with Orton which screwed up tings, he hasn't been healthy in months, there were talks of him milking his shoulder injury and he comes back and almost injures the WWE champion again.
I think it's an overreaction, that's all. Look at Manu recently, as well. He got released because WWE's ineptitude to find another role for him, and how Orton felt Manu "disrespected" how he became a WWE wrestler.

Penguin

Striker said:
I think it's an overreaction, that's all. Look at Manu recently, as well. He got released because WWE's ineptitude to find another role for him, and how Orton felt Manu "disrespected" how he became a WWE wrestler.

You can't compare Manu to Kennedy.
Kennedy was given chance after chance, and through some means dropped the ball.
I mean the same could be said of Orton, but even he eventually got his stuff together.

Striker

Penguin said:
You can't compare Manu to Kennedy.
Kennedy was given chance after chance, and through some means dropped the ball.
I mean the same could be said of Orton, but even he eventually got his stuff together.
Meaning it seems Orton's pull on things may be something to keep an eye on.

Being injury phone is one thing, but the wrist injury didn't seem to be something that was going to keep him out for any show. If they wanted to release him based off being injured, they should have done so before hyping up a Return stage.

Singho said:

No loss to the company.
For real.

I've always thought Kennedy was a shit wrestler, and I never understood GAF's thing with him. I guess they saw a part of the Rock in him with his trying-too-hard gimmick, so they ignored just how uninteresting and plain he really was.

Mr. Sam

I like to think Orton having a fit was the reason Kennedy was released. As for who's been leaking this highly confidential stuff... well, I'd check Ric Flair's hotmail to see if he'd been sending any e-mails to Dave Meltzer, if I were Vince.

Mr. Sam

The Frankman said:
This is why the man should've been released. Randy Resthold is a shithead. If Dolph Ziggler is still with the company no way Kennedy shouldn't be.

Your post contradicted itself so much I'm surprised it didn't create some sort of black hole. Nah, but seriously, what?

laserbeam

Banned
Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
If a dude dropped me on my head, I'd do the same fucking thing. He could kill someone.

There is 76 botchmania videos. Botches happen and are not intentional. Have some words with him backstage if needed. The industry itself can be very dangerous so if hes worried about possibly getting hurt maybe Orton should try a film career

laserbeam said:
There is like 80 something botchmania videos. Botches happen quite frequently and are not intentional. Have some words with him backstage if needed.
Are you forgetting Kennedy has also failed drug tests, used steroids, spent most of his career injured, has been involved in matches where others got injured, and did some interviews where he talked about shit he wasn't supposed to talk about? This was like his 6th strike.

If a dude dropped me on my head, I'd do the same fucking thing. He could kill someone.
It happens all the time in wrestling. It comes with the territory.

There's going to be mistakes, there's going to be injuries. Hell, Kennedy came fresh off of injury. Nerves may have been an issue, could be anything. Hell, Orton could have gone dead weight just to fuck with Kennedy.

laserbeam

Banned
Outcast2004 said:
It happens all the time in wrestling. It comes with the territory.

There's going to be mistakes, there's going to be injuries. Hell, Kennedy came fresh off of injury. Nerves may have been an issue, could be anything. Hell, Orton could have gone dead weight just to fuck with Kennedy.

Exactly and Orton has already been established as throwing his weight around to get someone else released from WWE. Honestly if they really think Orton is the bright future of the WWE I worry about them rarely do any of his matches prove very entertaining.

Are you forgetting Kennedy has also failed drug tests, used steroids, spent most of his career injured, has been involved in matches where others got injured, and did some interviews where he talked about shit he wasn't supposed to talk about? This was like his 6th strike.
Put "Orton" where "Kennedy" is. You'll find similarities BUT OH, Orton is a 2nd/3rd generation star/boring resthold master/gets injured alot/shits in divas' bags.

All I am saying is it's a bitch move by a little bitch. I blame WWE as much because why put a guy coming off injury concerns in that kind of match? Have him go 1-on-1 vs. some jobber like they used to do back in the day...

And I dare you to say Orton's better on the mic. I DARE YOU.

Mr. Sam

The Frankman said:
Put "Orton" where "Kennedy" is. You'll find similarities BUT OH, Orton is a 2nd/3rd generation star/boring resthold master/gets injured alot/shits in divas' bags.

All I am saying is it's a bitch move by a little bitch. I blame WWE as much because why put a guy coming off injury concerns in that kind of match? Have him go 1-on-1 vs. some jobber like they used to do back in the day...

And I dare you to say Orton's better on the mic. I DARE YOU.

Orton's a major asset, Kennedy's a major one. There's the difference. Besides, it's only alleged that Orton threw a fit. I don't even know where these reports come from. Other reports suggest that Orton was very calm and gave Kennedy a very calm dressing down, rather than exploding at him.

I'm also not sure that Kennedy video is recent. Where's his stupid little beard gone?

DKehoe

Larry Sweeney recently posted this up along. Things are not looking good for him. Hope he gets help soon.
Listen up, all you nosepickers and bedwetters, because this is the original.

The 24 time texarkana tv champ. The real deal. The one hit wonder. The true american spirit.

Alex. !$^$#!ing. Whybrow.

Or larry sweeney, i don't give a #@^%$#, either way.

So this is the plan:

Any of you chicago lip-chewers out there, I will be buying and setting up a ring today, on wilson street, somewhere east of broadway, maybe all the way down by the beach.

And tonight i will be wrestling, street performance-style, because i accidently missed my bookings this weekend... that kind of thing happens when you get kicked out of your apartment, then your folks house, and then your employer cuts you with no notice and the several thousand dollars that you were counting on to keep your head above water dissappears, leaving you on the street...

Ya know?

BBOW; bad blood boys and brothers of wrestling, comin actcha, sucka!!!!!!

This one is called taking it to the streets, and we'll be doing it up seventies style, grilling up dags and brats, a little kool-aid, little booze, and a little fun.

Wilson, by the lake, tonight, and every night this week.

See you there!!!!

Keep on keeping on,

Alex Fing Whybrow.
In other posts he is claiming that a bunch of guys from ROH will be wrestling in his new promotion (even though he says they don't know it yet) but the rules of his promotion are that you can't wrestle for ROH until Cary Silkin pays him the money he feels he is owed.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/WWEliveevents/article1006257.shtml

...Jericho hit a back suplex on Jeff, then yelled, "That's how ya do it Kennedy!!" Which only a few people actually knew what he was referring to. Jericho then hit another move, and a guy a few seats down from me yelled, "Kennedy woulda screwed that move up too!" And Orton actually acknowledged him! Again, everyone got their money's worth with this one, This was a great show.

:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom