• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May wrasslin' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker

peterb0y said:
Dude, chill out.. I'm not shitting on your sport. I just tuned in for the first time and had no idea what I was watching so i posted here. I wouldn't even know what "something good" is and I didn't know it was a joke match.
Monday Night RAW currently has a lot of joke segments. It's really an awful time for a new person to join the show, since stales have become worn out, overdone, and generally boring.

It's probably best to watch ECW or Smackdown, if you get SciFi or MyNetworkTV. They're more of a wrestling show than bunch of promos and pointless segments.

peterb0y said:
Dude, chill out.. I'm not shitting on your sport. I just tuned in for the first time and had no idea what I was watching so i posted here. I wouldn't even know what "something good" is and I didn't know it was a joke match.

peterb0y, watch this match:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDYvlP9Catc

Part 2 is the first video in the related videos area when playing Part 1, and Part 3 is first video in the related video area when playing part 2.

Banned
Peterboy, if you want to understand wrestling, just watch a few episodes of ECW on hulu for a few weeks. If you find it boring quit. If you find it interesting, move onto smackdown.

Zeke

DKehoe

peterb0y said:
Don't worry about it, he's probably just annoyed by having to defend wrestling. So often people are just like "are you dumb? Don't you know its fake?" Which as fans we get very tired of. You seemed to have an open attitude towards it when you started watching it which is cool. I don't blame you for thinking its dumb if your only exposure was that episode of Raw. I didn't watch it because I knew with all that NBA stuff it was going to be stupid.
Like with everything there is good wrestling and bad wrestling. If you are interested in seeing what wrestling can be like then I'm sure people on here can give you links to see good stuff.
The Jerry Lynn/RVD match posted above is a good example. Here is another.
Samoa Joe vs AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels
part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hXMnY7rdig
part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0YvRBh_8aQ
part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9boztgpOhI
EDIT: just noticed someone else posted this.
It should be pretty interesting to see what people recommend as an introduction

krae_man

peterb0y said:

Chill out? what made you think I was pissed?

Impact Spoilers...... interesting?

For May 28th

- A.J. Styles defeated Daniels to get into the King of the Mountain match. Post-match saw Shane Douglas lay out Daniels with a chain. They'll be wrestling a singles at Slammiversary

- Suicide defeated Amazing Red to keep the X title

- Sting's first promo in charge of the Mafia saw him get rid of the women, because they are nothing but trouble, and get rid of security, because the food bill is too high

- Doug Williams defeated Cody Deaner in a ladder match. Williams retained his X Division title shot briefcase. Apparently the briefcase is at stake in angle beat downs.

- Angelina Love defeated Sojo Bolt to keep the Knockouts title. Love fired Cute Kip for the second time, saying he screwed up not getting rid of Kong. Velvet Sky and Madison Rayne were back. Lisa Marie Varon (Victoria) hit the ring and laid out all three heels, so she's getting the next title shot

- Mick Foley announced a match for "next week" (tomorrow's tapings with Samoa Joe vs. Kevin Nash in a cage to get into King of the Mountain

- Eric Young is mad and won't take it anymore, and vows to become a main eventer

- Jeff Jarrett defeated Young to get into King of the Mountain. Young then turned on Jarrett and attacked his injured hamstring. Jarrett had to be helped out.

- Dr. Stevie said Abyss' therapy isn't going well. He had a straitjacket and kendo stick with him. He told Abyss to put on the straitjacket. He went to hit him with the kendo stick, for Abyss' own good of course. Lauren hit the ring for the save, but she didn't have her trusty broken glass gimmick. Stevie was about to lay out Lauren when Raven came out, and grabbed the stick for Stevie and went to hit him with it. But it was a swerve and he laid out Abyss with it instead. Stevie & Raven hug and then challenged the Pitbulls for the ECW tag titles in Jim Thorpe, PA after stepping into TNA's new time machine where it's whatever year in the 90s they want it to be

For June 4th

- Daniels defeated Red

- Beer Money defeated Chris Sabin & Consequences Creed

Penguin

So who ever had first match back for the Kennedy injury pool, come claim your prize. :lol

Mr. Kennedy suffered a wrist injury during the 10-man tag match on Monday's Raw. He rolled out of the ring after taking an RKO from Randy Orton and then clutched his wrist in pain. He winced when Jerry Lawler touched his wrist at ringside. He was able to join the other babyfaces in celebrating after the match.

Yes I called Kennedy being hurt last night and I didn't even pay attention to his match.

In other news Linda Hogan is a crazy bitch and possibly the worst mother ever,Brooke was on a web chat with Perez Hilton, I guess Linda had her publicist put this out.

Perez, if Brooke continues to spew lies on behalf of her father's lame attempt to distance himself from the reality that he is no different from the homicidal OJ Simpson, Charlie will be forced to put aside his paramedic/firefighting career path and release an album called "Redemption" which will easily surpass any of Brooke's records sales.

Brooke has always had a problem telling the truth. If it is her claim that her breasts are natural or she hasn't been banging the crap out of the pot head $tack for the last 3 years, then her comments of Charlie being a year and a half younger than her are again a complete fabrication (they are 4 months apart). She only judges Charlie because of his long hair and age, Linda doesn't judge.

Here are some cold hard facts; these people who say Linda is doing drugs are friends of Hulk Hogan. Brooke is Hulk's only remaining mouthpiece and a pawn in his game of control. Linda will walk into any drug testing facility and take a random test and the truth will be she is clean. Put your money where your mouth is Brooke aka Hulk. Brooke "thinks" she's doing drugs is a hypocrisy when her father and $tack are rolling and Smoking joints together in Brooke's recording session, and Brooke knows it. As for Charlie, he is an accomplished Spring board diver (4th in the Nationals), eagle scout and certified captain in commercial boating with his bigger goal of joining the fire department. Linda's definition of a good time is hitting a 8:30 am mass at St Max's grabbing some Cuban food at Versailles (her fav). We aren't here to kiss anyone's ass but Linda would love spend a fun California day with Perez with or without that famous garlic chicken, but you have to go to mass.

Gary Smith on behalf of Linda Hogan
Global PR Inc

-Kh-

Banned
I can't believe Mr Kennedy. He is never going to get his moment in WWE this way.

Best about last night's Raw: Miz and Kennedy's come back.

Worst: Kennedy's injury and everything else.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Forkball said:
I used to be really into it when I was a kid, during the Attitude Era. Around the time of the brand split (2002, or 2003 or whatever), I just stopped watching. Didn't have a real reason, I just got burned out on it I guess. Last winter break, I had nothing to do and USA shows AM Raw on Saturday after midnight, so I decided to check it out for the hell of it. A lot has changed so I decided to watch a little more and a little more and now I'm back into it. I'm pretty busy and don't watch a lot of TV, so it's nice to have something like sports (or wrestling) that comes on pretty frequently, so you if you do have time you can tune in and watch some action. If you don't you can easily read up on what happened.

I wish wrestling didn't have this stigma around it, because it's good entertainment with characters you won't see in any other medium.

The "Katie Vick" angle was what killed it for me. I was done after that. I'm only recently starting to regain interest, but only by reading results online. Eventually, I may start watching again.

The "Katie Vick" angle was what killed it for me. I was done after that. I'm only recently starting to regain interest, but only by reading results online. Eventually, I may start watching again.

watch smackdown and ecw stupid angles to a minimum and good in ring action.

ReiGun

Penguin said:
So who ever had first match back for the Kennedy injury pool, come claim your prize. :lol
I called during his walk to the ring last night. Does it still count?

I swear, this dude is made of fucking paper. Who gets injured from a RKO?:lol :lol

PBY

Banned
Guys, thanks so much for the suggestions. I'm starting to get why wrestling is so popular. What I saw on TV was far FAR FAR worse than the videos I'm watcihng online. Its pretty cool- im kind of into it now!

Guzim

peterb0y said:
Guys, thanks so much for the suggestions. I'm starting to get why wrestling is so popular. What I saw on TV was far FAR FAR worse than the videos I'm watcihng online. Its pretty cool- im kind of into it now!
io1315.gif

DKehoe

peterb0y said:

Glad to help. Just try watching all sorts of stuff and see what you are into. Anytime you want suggestions for stuff just ask.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
peterb0y said:
Yeah, watch some attitude era videos search for : Goldberg,Stone Cold,The Rock,Shawn Michaels... lots of crazy good fun.
Smackdown is getting better now. Also once you watch some EDGE stuff... you will be a die hard EDGE fan.:lol

DKehoe

All three are taking time out to heal up I think. Shawn is also wanting to spend more time with his family.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I think that taker is gonna retire on the next Wrestlemania... dont know about his streak tough :/

Keyser Soze said:
What is happening HHH/Taker/Shawn right now anyway? Not great for three top stars to take a break at the same time
Hey, HHH isn't taking a break like those pansies Taker and HBK. He was punted. IN THE HEAD. He's lucky he can still walk.

Penguin

Himuro said:
I missed Raw last night because I was watching the game. Where can I catch it anywhere online?

I'll save you the trouble... don't watch it.
Was Evan Bourne having a good match with Henry?

Hart Trilogy changed their name to Hart Dynasty.
Kind of preferred Trilogy, but guess makes it easier to add members.

Striker

Penguin said:
I'll save you the trouble... don't watch it.
Was Evan Bourne having a good match with Henry?

Hart Trilogy changed their name to Hart Dynasty.
Kind of preferred Trilogy, but guess makes it easier to add members.
Didn't know they changed their name.

More to the group!

Azuran

Banned
Keyser Soze said:
What is happening HHH/Taker/Shawn right now anyway? Not great for three top stars to take a break at the same time

Taker just had hip surgery so he won't be back for a while. Anyways, Smackdown is so good so they probably don't need him right now.

I still want my Y2J/Taker feud though.

Penguin

WWE announced a name change for the September PPV. The name Unforgiven has been dropped and will be replaced by Breaking Point, with a theme that the top matches will all be submission matches. It takes place on 9/13 at the Bell Centre in Montreal./quote]

To follow up on the story we posted earlier, WWE is in fact changing the name of their September Pay-Per-View event. WWE Unforgiven, which has been an annual event since 1998, will now be known as WWE Breaking Point.

WWE Breaking Point will take place on September 13th from the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec Canada. Tickets for the event go on sale Saturday, July 11th. Advertisements running in Canada are promoting the event as WWE's first Pay-Per-View in Montreal "in over a decade," despite the fact that Montreal hosted WWE No Way Out back in February 2003.

A PPV in Montreal... with submissions...

I can't predict a finish for one of the matches...

Kletian

Penguin said:
WWE announced a name change for the September PPV. The name Unforgiven has been dropped and will be replaced by Breaking Point, with a theme that the top matches will all be submission matches. It takes place on 9/13 at the Bell Centre in Montreal./quote]

A PPV in Montreal... with submissions...

I can't predict a finish for one of the matches...

ahaha, I get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom