• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

G Rom

Nice pics Broman and FunnyBunny. :)

@soujiro_seta : you have to take all the photos with the zoom at 20x (maximum), account for the FM watermark overlap and stitch them in Photoshop. It has been a long time since I've done a stitch, it's way too tedious with FM.net and if you mess up one photo, it ruins everything...

Some new ones :
5980940184_0eb2de9623_b.jpg

5980381007_948193d3ec_b.jpg

5980381067_e7ce0fa5d5_b.jpg

5980940588_c5fcef0031_b.jpg

5980940670_fa2cdca839_b.jpg

5980381601_c96fbe2553_b.jpg

And finally, some photos of the car that I made for my 8 year old niece (she chose all the vinyls, colors and where to put them) ! :)

5980381679_0bf99ff580_b.jpg

5980381139_053a76f206_b.jpg

And pics of it that she took herself :

5980381203_ef418e7ca8_b.jpg

5980381307_098535a2ac_b.jpg

She really likes Fujimi Kaido Stage A and Benchmark Ring Layout A. :)
It's the first time I let someone this young and totally unfamiliar with Forza try it. I have to say, I'm impressed by how well the assists work. She's playing in easy "one button" mode and really enjoying it.

BTW, I'm finally past my 1000th photo uploaded !

Cute car, G Rom. ;)

Inspired by the discussion here or in one of the F4 threads, I tooled around in a Pantera last night. Awesome. Looks great with the Forza aero kit, close enough to the GTS version for me. The carburated V8 sounds amazing with some upgrades.

I'd post a pic, but apparently I need to clear out my Storefront first.

Broman1978

I will take more photos as soon as I´m finished with WKC2.... Photomode is like a drug to me, hehe =)
Found some old photos I´m not sure that I posted yet...but what the heck=P

forza6zp.jpg

forza5z.jpg

CUlXn.jpg

8tS7T.jpg

forza3t.jpg

My father owned a 1975 Datsun 240Z back in the day. Growing up, he'd use to tell me stories about what it was like to own a sports car (and blame my sister and I for forcing him to sell it!). These photos were a little more inspired than most.

5986995352_207b9f8754_z.jpg

5986437017_f2a0b9e567_z.jpg

5986995274_595fd34864_z.jpg

I've tried three different machines to try and get my Turbo S wheel's firmware updated, with no luck (and different errors) on all of them.

Anyone got any suggestions short of sticking an axe through the thing? :(

Lovin' my tuned Z06... Just ran a 2:07.7 at Sebring.... It's still about .8 slower than my tuned Ferrari 360 CS on that track, but the Z06 is just so much more fun to drive, and the sound it makes, jeebus!

drugstore_cowboy said:
Never got it working on a Windows 7 install, but it went straight through when I flashed it in XP.
Thanks, I'll have to see if I can dig out my old laptop. Fanatec make fantastic wheels... but good god they could do with a couple of decent coders on staff.

G Rom

You're cheating shinnn ! :p

Just kidding, nice pics everyone.
Four new ones, currently at 87.9% of the career with more than 120h of driving :

5988443153_57c4b6d942_b.jpg

5988443041_6f281451d2_b.jpg

5988442845_3510ca1b64_b.jpg

5988442937_a7b71bc3f7_b.jpg

soujiro_seta said:
Lovin' my tuned Z06... Just ran a 2:07.7 at Sebring.... It's still about .8 slower than my tuned Ferrari 360 CS on that track, but the Z06 is just so much more fun to drive, and the sound it makes, jeebus!

I love it so much I have two— A600 and S700 tunes. I realize I could just have one and change tuning setups, but whatever.

ghibli99

G Rom: How do you get your images to look so good straight out of the game like that? Seems like no matter what I do, my results always look washed out and dull w/o post work in Photoshop. Any tips? (Sorry if I missed an earlier conversation about this)

Still in the middle of R2... it's been slow going, but I finally started w/ the FXX event, and damn, that car drives like a dream, especially compared to all the trouble I had early on with the Super GT cars.

I think I have about 640/1000 on the Achievement list... might try to get all the simpler ones I'm still missing.

Diablohead said:
Wish I could 100% forza 3 :/ so upsetting that a game like this has no safe guard for saves.

In terms of achievements or car collection?

Took me like 2 years to get all golds for that annoying achievement, lol.

G Rom said:
It's the first time I let someone this young and totally unfamiliar with Forza try it. I have to say, I'm impressed by how well the assists work. She's playing in easy "one button" mode and really enjoying it.
Holy crap. How did I not know there was a wide open track like this in the game until now?

I know what I'm doing tonight :)

And yeah, I do love the made-up Forza tracks. So gorgeous. I hope to see more of that creativity at work in Forza 4.

ghibli99

Infamous Chris said:
In terms of achievements or car collection?

Took me like 2 years to get all golds for that annoying achievement, lol.
I think his save file got corrupted/deleted, so he had to kiss his career and event list progress good-bye. :(

Mascot

G Rom said:

I've always scoffed at Autobrake (and a lot of the other assists), thinking it has absolutely no place in a serious game like Forza. But my Dad (who is in his seventies and has NEVER played a videogame before) visited today and spent a good few hours blasting around Silverstone (in preparation of our trip there for a race meeting in a couple of weeks), grinning like a Cheshire cat the whole time at the insane sense of speed and the feedback through the GT2. I started him off in F-class but he'd soon progressed to R1. He loved it.

Autobrake made this possible. Many, many thanks, Turn 10.

ghibli99 said:
I think his save file got corrupted/deleted, so he had to kiss his career and event list progress good-bye. :(

I think I'd go ballistic if that happened. I'm in my 6th season and about half way through the event list and it feels like it has taken forever already. I don't think I'd have it in me to redo everything.

ghibli99

HawksWinStanley said:
I think I'd go ballistic if that happened. I'm in my 6th season and about half way through the event list and it feels like it has taken forever already. I don't think I'd have it in me to redo everything.
Yep, I'd just call it a day and look forward to FM4 at that point... but not before taking a big swig of whiskey.

skyfinch

I accidentally deleted my save awhile ago, but fortunately, I managed to get the all gold achievement before that. Lost all my cars, money and stuff.

Diablohead, if you get back into FM3 before FM4 comes out, let me know if you need some gift cars.

Mascot

Lol, after dad's recent antics my mum (also in her seventies) came around today to have a go in the racing rig, pottering around Amalfi in a Mito at 10 mph, admiring the scenery.

I've never been more proud of my parents.

ghibli99

Mascot said:
Lol, after dad's recent antics my mum (also in her seventies) came around today to have a go in the racing rig, pottering around Amalfi in a Mito at 10 mph, admiring the scenery.

I've never been more proud of my parents.
Nice! :) The last time I did that was in PGR.

As a quick update to my FM3 progress, I'm now 7 out of 11 into R2. Decided to just do the quicker events between championship races. It's helped me stay interested, with the longer R2 races being a nice change from the shorter series.

I'm currently trying to 100% Forza 3 and I'm done with the first 6 seasons and about half way through the event list, but I still don't have the achievement for racing at every track.

Does the event list end up taking you to every location or will I have to go through each and every track to see which one I missed?

Please tell me it's the former...

Jube3

Mascot said:
I've always scoffed at Autobrake (and a lot of the other assists), thinking it has absolutely no place in a serious game like Forza. But my Dad (who is in his seventies and has NEVER played a videogame before) visited today and spent a good few hours blasting around Silverstone (in preparation of our trip there for a race meeting in a couple of weeks), grinning like a Cheshire cat the whole time at the insane sense of speed and the feedback through the GT2. I started him off in F-class but he'd soon progressed to R1. He loved it.

Autobrake made this possible. Many, many thanks, Turn 10.

That's an awesome story dude, sounds like he had a blast.

ghibli99

Jube3 said:
That's an awesome story dude, sounds like he had a blast.
Agreed! I have to admit I played through a good chunk of the game not even aware that there was such a thing (difficulty set on normal). I was pressing the brake when I was supposed to, but I'm sure there were many times where I was late on the pedal and the game gave me the illusion that I was doing it right. It wasn't until I was on the 'Ring that I noticed the game slowing things down for me automatically on sections where I do little to no braking.

I used to be anti-assist, but my time w/ games is limited these days, so it's nice to be able to progress through them at a good pace and still have fun (and no, I don't use autobrake anymore :)).

G Rom

A small bump for some photos as I've started to play the game again. I need to finish it before october 14th as I know I won't be able to come back to it after FM4 hits.

Was looking for the 2011 livery of the 908 but stumbled upon something much better !
6087185012_7fa541228d_b.jpg

6086639215_cc35a81f68_b.jpg

6086639113_79924df109_b.jpg

It cannot be stressed enough that the CCCP cars are just phenomenal in term of modeling :
6086639035_dab9896475_b.jpg

6087184620_9257f9b423_b.jpg

6087184516_36b94115cd_b.jpg

hey, sorry for the bump, but i hate the Ultimate collection. But lost the first disc :(

I wanna get another copy and was wondering if i could just get the regular copy(not ultimate) and play it that way. Would my save made with the ultimate collection still work?

Top Bottom