• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

skyfinch

Mr Nightman said:
Still mad, my gamesave became corrupt so had to start over. Prolly had 100hrs into it, and was level 50, good thing the game is soo fun lol

Same thing happened to me. Had 120 hours put into the game, but managed to complete career mode before I deleted my saved game. FM3 is a fun game, but FM4's graphics have spoiled me. :D

skyfinch

drugstore_cowboy said:
I'm gonna mop up the last remaining achievements later, is the 100k drifting one any easier on a controller? I suck at it with a wheel.

That was the last achievement I got, and it took nearly a year. Think it was either G Rom or Jube that I got the car set up from. Managed to get the 100k my first try using their set up, using the controller. I also suck at the wheel, even though it's much funner to use than the controller.

I'd like to know exactly what will carry over from 3 - 4 so I know what to work on in 3.

I've got 190+ cars but would like another 30 or so, but shall I save my cash? (I've only got about 3 million)

ghibli99

I've spent the last week off-and-on getting back into Forza 3. I love this game. Here's one picture I took a few days ago at Catalunya:

fm3ffrscy.jpg

Just started doing some of the Fujimi Kaido stuff last night, and had a blast! Had to buy an AE86 just because I'm a nerd. LOL

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
-MikePriester- said:
I'd like to know exactly what will carry over from 3 - 4 so I know what to work on in 3.

I've got 190+ cars but would like another 30 or so, but shall I save my cash? (I've only got about 3 million)

I will bet credits wont transfer if that's what you are asking.

Slayer-33 said:
I will bet credits wont transfer if that's what you are asking.
Yeah, I think I heard Dan say that in one of the extended vids, but I'd like to know what it's based on, Time spent racing, How many cars in your garage etc.

I don't mind not knowing the exact details of what we get, but what will it be based on is what interests me.

Anyways, I feel like I've hammered Forza 3 but I'm only 25% through the game. Must have been all those hours in the auction house :(

Holy shit! I was super LTTP on this game,its a masterpiece. I recently just got interested in racing games again and I am just enthralled with this game. I spend hours in the livery mode and the auction house alone. So much content.

Quick question, I have the ultimate collection, is their DLC that is not included, its really hard to tell.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I was driving the Forte today and I can't believe I didn't notice before that the clock on the car's dashboard was the actual time. Nice little touch.

G Rom

Yeah almost all the cars with a clock have that detail. :)
I'd like the kilometer counter to show a real number based on the km raced in FM4. That would be pretty cool too.

drugstore_cowboy, I have a tuned Subaru on my storefront (I think you can search for "Mc Kane" and it will show up), I don't remember if it's the one that skyfinch used but I know it's the one I used. Just do a full lap of Fujimi Kaido and don't forget to abuse rewind ! ;)

The profile import will apparently net you free cars based on what cars you have and your level in FM3, IRRC. I don't think saving up cash would change anything though.

I wish Turn 10 would do some sort of cars or cash giveaway in FM3 now that the game is relatively old. There are a lot of pricey cars that I'd love to own but probably never will because of the stupid economy...

ATF487

Been playing this a lot lately, although I'm a bit late to the party

Are we ever going to get a wheel with a clutch? Currently I'm playing with a controller with all the assists off, but I can't ever do a manual transmission with teh controller if I want to actually win the race.

I guess I could buy a wheel without it but it wouldn't be as fun :(

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
Started this up and had 1 gift car to collect (an old Ferrari?). I hit the "let's do this" button and was told dirty poors with expired Gold are not worthy. Mini-FFFUUU.

G Rom said:
Subaru on my storefront (I think you can search for "Mc Kane" and it will show up), I don't remember if it's the one that skyfinch used but I know it's the one I used. Just do a full lap of Fujimi Kaido and don't forget to abuse rewind ! ;)

Couldn't find it G Rom but I did manage to get the 100k in the end. cheers anyway.

DasRaven

Anerythristic said:
Holy shit! I was super LTTP on this game,its a masterpiece. I recently just got interested in racing games again and I am just enthralled with this game. I spend hours in the livery mode and the auction house alone. So much content.

Quick question, I have the ultimate collection, is their DLC that is not included, its really hard to tell.

No, you have everything except the unicorn cars which are only available via auction house or T10 competition.

G Rom

No, he doesn't have everything. He's missing the latest and most likely last DLC, the Community Choice Classics Pack (aka CCCP). I may be wrong on that but I think VIP isn't included either.

Cimarron

Wow. So some elements of your progress in Forza 3 will be transported into Forza 4? I guess will start with Forza 3! I'll probably play around with my old untouched copy of Forza 2 before I upgrade to 3. My Wheel Stand Pro arrives tommorrow! I am so pumped! :)

Cimarron said:
Wow. So some elements of your progress in Forza 3 will be transported into Forza 4? I guess will start with Forza 3! I'll probably play around with my old untouched copy of Forza 2 before I upgrade to 3. My Wheel Stand Pro arrives tommorrow! I am so pumped! :)
Forza 2 is a good game, if you don't care about achievements play it for at least a few hours so you can get a good car tuned, after messing around with that for a bit you might as well then move on to 3.

For the record i've beat forza 2 nearly 3 times now lol (damn profile problems and file wipes but I enjoyed it all)

eso76

skyfinch said:
^^ How in the hell? G Rom, you must have a few extra sliders in photo mode that no one else has. :O

yeah, it came with some exclusive preorder deal.
His version is the one with the AWESOME slider.

Shaneus

eek5 said:
so nice. i hope this is an autovista car :3
I'm pretty sure it would have to be. It was the fastest road car at some stage (early 90s) wasn't it? Otherwise, why would they have made a Mega/Sega CD game of it?

eek5

Shaneus said:
I'm pretty sure it would have to be. It was the fastest road car at some stage (early 90s) wasn't it? Otherwise, why would they have made a Mega/Sega CD game of it?
yeah it was. one of my favorite cars ever

still looks so amazing

Shaneus

Yeah, I reckon there's a fair chance it'll be in, then. They (Dan?) mentioned that it'll really only be unique/interesting cars in that mode.

Fingers crossed they'll have one-off/proto ones as well. If only for the Joss (and maybe the Indigo or GT90)

Have been following this thread for months waiting for my coveted 'junior' merit badge.

Lately I've been fooling around on old LeMans with this beast:

I really hope FM4 adds wide-body kits so that appropriately wide slicks can be added to this sort of car. An actual ZL-1 crate engine would also be appreciated, though the LS7.R is probably close enough.

samoset said:
I'm really hyped for Forza 4 right now and want to start playing Forza 3 again, but this time I would like a proper wheel. Can anyone give me any advice on the best/affordable wheel available on the market as of now (it'd be extra preferable if it worked on the pc too). Or would it just be better for me to wait for the slew of new wheels that will come out around Forza 4's launch?

Depends what your definition of affordable is. I just recently got the Wheelstand Pro V2 and it's awesome, and then my Fanatec GT2 just came yesterday that replaced my Carrera so I could play Forza 3 and Forza 4.

Honestly, the wheel feels spectacular. I've played on a DFGT, G27, MS Wheel (didn't own these, roommates or friends houses - so my knowledge isn't extensive), Carrera and now the GT2 and the GT2 is absolutely amazing. I couldn't be happier. The wheel itself has small subtle vibrations when you gas it and plus it lights up with the buttons for whatever system you are using. So much more easy to navigate stuff with those compared to the Carrera.

Since I now have my GT2 I will be picking up the Ultimate collection of Forza 3 to polish off my game before 4. I think I'm at lvl 41 or something. I stopped playing a few months before GT5 came out and have been playing GT5 since but I'm kind of burned out on what it offers at this point ... but that's a different thread!

There isn't any issue with my current save that will conflict with the Ultimate edition right? I figure I didn't get any of the DLC so this would be a great deal to jump back into and play until Forza 4 drops.

Another question: has the DLC added any tracks to the game?

G Rom

The Nürburgring GP is the only DLC track released for FM3 but as with Benchmark Ring and Sidewinder (both day-one DLC), it isn't integrated in the career which is a shame because it's arguably the best track of the game in term of bumpiness and replay cameras.

IIRC, the save is the same, only the installs that are different.
Keep in mind that in the UC you don't have the last DLC (Community Choice Classics Pack) released which is probably one of if not the best car pack released for the game.

Edit : Beaten on the 'Ring

G Rom said:
The Nürburgring GP is the only DLC track released for FM3 but as with Benchmark Ring and Sidewinder (both day-one DLC), it isn't integrated in the career which is a shame because it's arguably the best track of the game in term of bumpiness and replay cameras.

IIRC, the save is the same, only the installs that are different.
Keep in mind that in the UC you don't have the last DLC (Community Choice Classics Pack) released which is probably one of if not the best car pack released for the game.

Edit : Beaten on the 'Ring

Is that pack taken off or something? I don't see it on Xbox.com

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Search?query=forza 3&DownloadType=GameAddon

So I installed the new Forza Ultimate edition and it's not finding my save at all. I can see it in my profile and everything, it shows the save in the F3 data in my settings ... it just won't recognize it the game.

Any ideas?

This is killing me! All the puzzle pieces finally came together!

IMG_3838.jpg

flyinpiranha said:
So I installed the new Forza Ultimate edition and it's not finding my save at all. I can see it in my profile and everything, it shows the save in the F3 data in my settings ... it just won't recognize it the game.

Any ideas?

This is killing me! All the puzzle pieces finally came together!
Is it saved to the hard drive?

If so maybe transfer it to a usb stick and when the game starts up choose the usb drive instead of the hard drive,

drugstore_cowboy said:
did you uninstall the older Forza 3 before installing UE?

Mine worked with the original game saves without any problems.

No, I didn't. Should I just uninstall all disks and try again? My save is still there.

Also having problems with the GT2 constantly disconnecting from the 360 ... man, this is not as fun as I was planning on this day being haha!

I might also try the USB stick also, think I have one somewhere.

Well ... that save I transferred over was the initial save. So it seems it overwrote my old save at lvl 40 with 36/50 achievements ... that blows.

Ah well, now just to figure out the controller disconnect and start from the bottom.

So anybody have any issues with "Please reconnect controller" constantly popping up? It's like my GT2 just turns off while playing Forza. Works fine in GT5. I'll have to DL some demos on the MP to see if it's a 360 thing.

flyinpiranha said:
No, I didn't. Should I just uninstall all disks and try again? My save is still there.

Also having problems with the GT2 constantly disconnecting from the 360 ... man, this is not as fun as I was planning on this day being haha!

I might also try the USB stick also, think I have one somewhere.

Well ... that save I transferred over was the initial save. So it seems it overwrote my old save at lvl 40 with 36/50 achievements ... that blows.

Ah well, now just to figure out the controller disconnect and start from the bottom.

So anybody have any issues with "Please reconnect controller" constantly popping up? It's like my GT2 just turns off while playing Forza. Works fine in GT5. I'll have to DL some demos on the MP to see if it's a 360 thing.
I only had it happen once, turned the wheel off and hasn't happed since.

soundscream said:
I only had it happen once, turned the wheel off and hasn't happed since.

You're lucky. I had it happen constantly once I hooked it up to the 360. Tried NFS Shift demo and same thing only during a race. Figured it was just the 360, got the same thing when I hooked it back up to the PS3 in GT5.

Ah well, looks like Forza 3 Ultimate is just going to sit there probably until 4 comes out, especially with how slow Fanatec usually is to respond to issues.

Do you boot up the Xbox from the button on the wheel?

If so try starting the Xbox up first then turning the wheel on.

There's also the option of flashing your firmware with an earlier one, won't be seen as a GT2 anymore, probably a PWTS, makes no difference though.

I know I am LTTP on this game but I have been loving it.

I wasted alot of money not paying attention :(. Did an engine swap on a 370Z upgraded the engine and then checked it stats and it has 630 ft. lbs of torque, lol, drag cars do not make good track cars.

drugstore_cowboy said:
Do you boot up the Xbox from the button on the wheel?

If so try starting the Xbox up first then turning the wheel on.

There's also the option of flashing your firmware with an earlier one, won't be seen as a GT2 anymore, probably a PWTS, makes no difference though.

I start up the 360 then turn on the wheel and sync it. I made some video of what it does and sent it to Fanatec, just waiting for a reply.

The PWTS has the same internals as the GT2 doesn't it? I might try flashing the firmware if it comes to that. Just waiting on a reply from them.

Yeah, flash away, just dont do it with the GT3 firmware, iirc I lost Xbox compatibility with it, seems so obvious now!

When googling your problem a few days back I came across your videos, must be incredibly frustrating.

Updated to 669, no dice.

So just waiting for the email from Fanatec. This sucks, I wanted to burn through some F3 and now starting from scratch is going to be a pain!

G Rom

Some new photos I took today while doing some races, thought I'd share. :)

5898895982_e6cabd5b17_b.jpg

5898329587_8d72a80939_b.jpg

5898895642_43e23ea311_b.jpg

5898329155_64004d3bf8_b.jpg

5898329007_07d2a64b05_b.jpg

I just love when old cars have crazy aero upgrades from their era available ! :p

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
G Rom said:

5898895642_43e23ea311_b.jpg

5898329155_64004d3bf8_b.jpg

5898329007_07d2a64b05_b.jpg

I just love when old cars have crazy aero upgrades from their era available ! :p

Just watched an old Top Gear with the old CSL. Great car

Shaneus

G Rom said:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5039/5898895982_e6cabd5b17_b.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6040/5898329587_8d72a80939_b.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5235/5898895642_43e23ea311_b.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6018/5898329155_64004d3bf8_b.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5264/5898329007_07d2a64b05_b.jpg[IMG]

I just love when old cars have crazy aero upgrades from their era available ! :p[/QUOTE]
I shudder to think what (specifically) you'll be able to do in photo mode once Forza 4 comes out.

Top Bottom