• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nick Simmons rips off Bleach, threatens legal action against all who say so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcipello

Nick simmons, son of KISS frontman Gene Simmons recently released his own manga called Incarnate...only problem is that he's gone and ripped off another manga called Bleach...which has sold around 40 million copies world wide, kinda stupid yeah?

187471-plagiarism_super.png

people have began accusing him of plagerism but nick is having none of it!
"Listen everyone... you're all digging your own graves posting on this forum. Facebook is looking into suspending this page and issuing any warnings for slander against me. I can't make this any clearer... I DID NOT STEAL OTHER PEOPLE'S WORK!! I may have appropriated some styles, but I did not steal. My work is full... of homages to everyone in my medium - not theft! You guys are just a bunch of mean spirited mouth-breathers - except all my fans on here who have rightfully supported me. I will ask Facebook not to press any charges against you if you give me a sincere apology here in this thread. Please do so. Facebook keeps all your IP addresses and info... so they will suspend your account if I do not receive proper apologies."

"Okay.. now looking at some of these photo comparisons, I can see why a few people are up-in-arms. I can tell you right now these are all purely coincidences. I never even heard of Bleach! Who would name a comic after laundry detergent? When I channel my energy when drawing my book sometimes I can pull stuff in that I never seen before. It's like i'm possessed when I start thinking and drawing. Perhaps I just got on the same wave length that all artists share. My dad just called and said I have a real case against all this slander. If Facebook doesn't give into my demands soon there's going to be hell to pay. Now, I have to damage control on another site - more people being mislead. Now I have to deal with this and my book's deadline. I'm not sure how I can think and draw under all this pressure."

"I have no idea how people are saying my comic looks like that bleach magma. My book is in color and the other is not. My book reads left to right... the other reads right to left. Besides some vague similarities, they're nothing alike. I put my heart and soul into my book - great story and awesome characters... yet people are trying to pull me down. And NO... I didn't trace or copy other peoples work. Most of these photos are starting to look like photoshop manipulations to make me look bad. You can't trust everything you see on the Internet."

some more images from here http://community.livejournal.com/bleachness/446299.html

5upatjpg.png

j9sinmjpg.png

i love it when stuff like this happens:D

l_83b8072f21fe69631972703193ff63f6.jpg

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Odds are it's coincidence, since similarities like that do tend to happen.

Bleach is awful anyways, if anything they should be warning him about that fact.

Edit: All those images they say he copied? You can see ones just like them in hundreds of other anime, Manga, and various cartoon mediums. They're just reaching for a reason to hate on him.

I love that the fans found this not the corporate companies, now VIZ and Jump are ready to sue his ass.:lol :lol He is probably piss to hell.

Zaptruder

Banned
Freezer Rat said:

Bleach is awful anyways, if anything they should be warning him about that fact.

Edit: All those images they say he copied? You can see ones just like them in hundreds of other anime, Manga, and various cartoon mediums. They're just reaching for a reason to hate on him.

Looks like the dude is using bleach for reference images.

Shit like this happens all the fucking time in the comic world... although rarely this blatant.

Banned
Freezer Rat said:

Are you serious?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Weird thing is that he redrew all these by hand. There's no obvious tracing going on. Which begs the question: Why bother?

Unless his ludicrously-worded defense is actually true.

jett

D-Member
People trace and/or reference other material all the time in the comic book industry.

This guy is a fucking retard for denying the obviousness, though. :p

edit: LULZ this is ridiculously blatant

kenpachii.png

wRATH2x

Banned
Freezer Rat said:

I don't believe that shit. The style is ripped off, so is character design and some panels look traced.

And I love how he called Bleach a magma thinking that will help his case :lol

J.ceaz

I say he copied bleach. Is he gonna sue me? Hell no being influenced is one thing but full on tracing is copying. I don't care who does it.

Look at that art style. I've never seen it before bleach. I don't even read bleach and I can tell that he's at least copying/trying to emulate the art style in bleach. He probably can draw, saw bleach, liked the art style and tried to emulate it. That being said you can't take full panels from a mangaka. It's tantamount to stealing.

shuri said:

Awesome.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Freezer Rat said:

Nick is that you?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Him and rob liefeld should team up.. and make Y-Men Z

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
One or two images of coincidences are understandable. But whole comics? I love how he's acting stupid. Well he is for copying one of the top three most popular manga out there. Admit your mistake/idiocy, settle it, move on. But the fact that he is denying makes him look downright pathetic. It's a shame because Gene is a cool guy and to have a son this stupid.

Jayge

He even went so far as to copy an entire CHARACTER, carbon-pressed personality and appearance right onto the paper. Oh gods. This man is an idiot. And he's also one of those "YOU ALL DON'T UNDERSTAND, I'M A GENIUS LIKE VAN GOGH, YOU CAN'T APPRECIATE MY TALENT" types.

J.ceaz

Has anyone actually looked at Incarnate I'm seriously thinking of combing through both mangas at this point.

Ratba

Unconfirmed Member
He copied it and he still draws like shit. How does stuff like this make it to press? He is a horrible artist.

AstroMan

Banned
DON'T YOU KNOW WHO MY FATHER IS???? HE'S GENE SIMMONS, LEADER OF KISS AND HE SAID HE'LL KICK ALL OF YOUR ASSES!

I fucking love how he claims he's never heard of Bleach, one of the most popular series of manga out there. If you're going to rip someone off, pick an obscure manga or doujinshi. At least then you're less likely to get caught right away.

P.S. Tite should sue this fucker and use the money to fund a continuation of ZOMBIEPOWDER.

Ratba said:
He copied it and he still draws like shit. How does stuff like this make it to press? He is a horrible artist.

His daddy has a lot of money.

If the ripping wasn't bad enough the whole "i've had my dad on the phone and he totally says i have grounds for suing anyone who badmouths me wah wah wah" makes him come off like a total bitch.

AstroMan

Banned
Wait a second guys, I think we all overlooked this one line:

When I channel my energy when drawing my book sometimes I can pull stuff in that I never seen before. It's like i'm possessed when I start thinking and drawing.

So Nick Simmons is possessed by a poltergeist that forces him to steal other work! It's not his fault after all!

Also, one could say that he channels his energy to go BANKAI!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom