• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nick Simmons rips off Bleach, threatens legal action against all who say so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jin

What makes him think he can actually get away with this? If you're going to copy something make sure that something doesn't sell 40 million copies.

Whats funny, all this hoopla everyone is making out of this, is going to cause his books to actually sell far more than it would have before.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
It's like i'm possessed when I start thinking and drawing. Perhaps I just got on the same wave length that all artists share.
Is he really saying that his work is not actually plagiarism because he magically channeled the Bleach author? :lol

Is the writing in this actually good? It's hard to believe that this sold 40 million by looking at the art.
The comic started out decent but then it jumped the shark and is now basically this generation's DBZ in terms of silliness and random things pulled out of asses.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
This is what happens when a talentless son has to live up to his also talentless but rich and famous father.

BattleMonkey said:
Whats funny, all this hoopla everyone is making out of this, is going to cause his books to actually sell far more than it would have before.

Really? I can see a few people picking it up to check for themselves, but not masses of them.

If the publishers stop printing it, that's certainly not going to fucking help :lol

John Dunbar

correct about everything
missbreedsiddx said:
This is what happens when a talentless son has to live up to his also talentless but rich and famous father.

i think that tongue means his father is pretty talented.

Fuzz Rez

Banned
harSon said:
Is the writing in this actually good? It's hard to believe that this sold 40 million by looking at the art.

Then again there is over 40 volymes of it so it's not so hard to believe it has sold 40 million copies world wide.

gdt

harSon said:

No.

To be fair, this art is pretty good, at least early in the series.

Bleach is the Heroes of popular manga.

Tranced Shadow said:
Really? I can see a few people picking it up to check for themselves, but not masses of them.

If the publishers stop printing it, that's certainly not going to fucking help :lol

You realize that this comic is basically unknown despite their claims, almost no one knew of it till this whole thing came out. This is free marketing.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Freezer Rat said:
Odds are it's coincidence, since similarities like that do tend to happen.

Bleach is awful anyways, if anything they should be warning him about that fact.

Edit: All those images they say he copied? You can see ones just like them in hundreds of other anime, Manga, and various cartoon mediums. They're just reaching for a reason to hate on him.
:lol :lol :lol

You can't be fucking serious. It's so blatant that I can't even believe it's being debated.

Anyone who believes this isn't a direct ripoff is a fucking sucker.

Kreed

BattleMonkey said:
You realize that this comic is basically unknown despite their claims, almost no one knew of it till this whole thing came out. This is free marketing.

If this comic continues, there will probably be people buying new issues just to see if he copies/traces anything else.

Fireye

harSon said:

He's saying, if you copy something, you shouldn't copy from something that sold 40 million copies. Not that Incarnate sold that much.

Arcipello said:
oh yes, what are the chances that this wont be happening now :lol

FLIER_by_LetSleepingGodsLie.jpg

Mouth in the hand... wonder where he got that idea from...

2z4n4hd.jpg

Tamanon

Banned
I think that mouth in the hand he stole from Vampire Hunter D. He seems to have lifted some other art directly from it.

linsivvi

BattleMonkey said:

Did you miss the part where his publisher has stopped production and distribution of his comic and is trying to resolve the matter with Bleach's publisher, which implies probably taking a financial hit?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
That thing in the poster even looks like Naruto's tail mode.

He says he doesn't know Bleach but it appears in his DA favorites, there are tons of Bleach art.

DonMigs85

Kadey said:
That thing in the poster even looks like Naruto's tail mode.

He says he doesn't know Bleach but it appears in his DA favorites, there are tons of Bleach art.
So he's a liar too then.
I think it's also possible he was drunk/high while making the comic, or he did it on purpose to generate controversy and drum up sales, not thinking about possible legal battles.

gdt

daxter01 said:
oh so its bad thanks what about vagabond? i want to start a new manga but i dont whats good or bad

Vagabond is great, and beautiful.

It's kinda falling off right now, but it's very worth the trip.

I'll also recommend Berserk and One Piece, both are better than Vagabond.

qcf x2

Freezer Rat said:
Odds are it's coincidence, since similarities like that do tend to happen.

Bleach is awful anyways, if anything they should be warning him about that fact.

Edit: All those images they say he copied? You can see ones just like them in hundreds of other anime, Manga, and various cartoon mediums. They're just reaching for a reason to hate on him.

Quoted for utter retardedness. And possible blindness.

oh so its bad thanks what about vagabond? i want to start a new manga but i dont whats good or bad

Bleach is fun, don't take advice from a guy who's very next post says he doesn't like manga. Give it a shot, it's an extremely quick to read, compared to the other mangas. It's also got some of the best art and original character designs out there.

If you wanna be one of the cool kids, read One Piece. I'd also recommend Claymore.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
HAHAHAHA, the guy since it is full of homages but then says he never heard of Bleach.

Who would make a fucking MANGA and yet has never heard of Bleach?! I have no idea what Bleach is, except that it is some manga with some blond dude and some video games.

gdt

qcf x2 said:
Bleach is fun, don't take advice from a guy who's very next post says he doesn't like manga.

If you wanna be one of the cool kids, read One Piece. I'd also recommend Claymore.

lol

Walshicus

gdt5016 said:
Oh fuck off.

I'm not a big manga fan at all, but that is a stupid statement.
Fine, if there's a well written manga out there I'll readily stand corrected. But it's not like the medium is exactly known for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom