• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The girl I had a crush on has a boyfriend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
just read both facebook status and talks. :(

I've been following her for the last four years, and now I've lost my chance. My life is over. I'll just die alone, miserable and bitter. That is what I get for talking to people and getting attached.

noisome07

Banned
Vox-Pop said:

I've been following her for the last four years, and now I've lost my chance. My life is over. I'll just die alone, miserable and bitter. That is what I get for talking to people and getting attached.

what the fuck? four years? and what do you mean by following? stalking?

Vox-Pop said:
I've been following her for the last four years, and now I've lost my chance.

How dare that bastard just swoop in like that and steal her from you! In another 3 years she would have been yours!

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Costanza said:
i feel ya man :(
I know what this is about :lol

Vox-Pop
fistfulofpunchestothefacebyboyfriend
(Today, 05:44 AM)
Reply | Quote

Since everyone else has already mentioned the obvious four-year concern, I'll just go with this:

Unfriend her.

Or prepare for the possibility of either relationship-related updates, or photos of the happy couple.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Vox-Pop said:

Boyfriends come and go...
True love is eternal.

Don't give up.

Veidt

noisome07 said:
YOU CHANGED IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!
33p4qw1.gif

Couldn't help but imagine you doing that to me.:lol

Veidt

noisome07 said:
Yeah, I think it's time I change my avatar now =/
Want me to supply you with one? <3

gamerecks said:
The girl I had a crush on loves me and is moving across the country to live with me.

pillows do not count bro

oh shi-

This is going to sound harsh, but bear with me. You need to be yelled at a little.

Get the fuck over her. Pining for a woman gets you nowhere, and for the moment, she is unattainable. Although I can't tell from two sentences, you never made a move, and that's your own damn fault. You can't expect things to just fall into your lap or passively ride the current and hope to run across a boat. You need to take the reigns and MAN UP.

Don't be whiny. Don't second guess yourself. What you did and didn't do is in the past. What you can do now is to learn from what you did wrong so that next time, you will be able to work with it and, at least, grow a damn pair of balls and ask her out before she finds someone else.

FLEABttn

Banned
Vox-Pop said:

If you haven't made a move in 4 years, you were never going to.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Vox-Pop said:

One girl I knew had a guy friend who followed her around, offered to drive her places etc. He never said a word about being interested in her.

She met a guy who said he was interested in her. She got engaged to that guy.

The follower came forward to tell her his feelings.

Her response?

"Uh, well, it's a little late to be telling me that now. I'm engaged."

He stopped hanging around her.

The point of my cool story? Girls can't read minds.

Veidt

Freshmaker said:
One girl I knew had a guy friend who followed her around, offered to drive her places etc. He never said a word about being interested in her.

She met a guy who said he was interested in her. She got engaged to that guy.

The follower came forward to tell her his feelings.

Her response?

"Uh, well, it's a little late to be telling me that now. I'm engaged."

He stopped hanging around her.

The point of my cool story? Girls can't read minds.
:lol :lol

Harpuia

C'mon man, don't say shit like "I'll be alone forever." You will find someone one day, don't worry! Just don't give up.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I haven't had a girlfriend in 4 years, and that was through college. Don't let it get to you, eventually someone will come along.

Socreges

Banned
Vox-Pop said:

No, this is what you get for not acting within weeks and instead waiting years. Go ahead and talk to people. Talking is good. Waiting for... whatever it was you were waiting for... is bad.

Four years? Seriously? I've been meaning to ask out this girl and now I'm sweating it because a couple weeks have passed and I haven't had my chance. It doesn't take long for someone to get snatched up.

Sorry man. No crowns of sonnet is gonna save this one.

Also the whole "following" thing is a bit weird to me... as in "follow her around as wishful backup bf" or "following her as secret admirer"?

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
I got scared and never asked her out, I feared that I would mess it up somehow-I don't know that many people so I try not screw things up with those who talk to me. Never though it would happen to be honest--naive.

ReiGun

Clearly your only choice is to kill him. Since I'm feeling generous, I'll personally bury the body for you. :)

GDGF

Soothsayer
Harpuia said:
C'mon man, don't say shit like "I'll be alone forever." You will find someone one day, don't worry! Just don't give up.

Yeah, maybe if he stops waiting four fucking years to say anything!

Seriously dude, never do that again.

Harpuia

GDGF said:
Yeah, maybe if he stops waiting four fucking years to say anything!

Yeah..I do agree that he should've said something earlier...oh well, learning experience I suppose, next time I hope he will take some type of initiative like you said.

grumble

The OP is such a no-balls pussy friendzoned cliche that I'm half convinced he's just screwing with us.

Seriously, what did you think would happen after four years? Just walk up to her and say 'Look XXX, I like you. I'd like to take you out on a date sometime. What do you say?' If she says yes, then great. If she says no (more likely at this point), then you move on and find someone new that you won't be a pussy with.

Girls are almost always passive in the relationship. A man attempts, a woman chooses. Attempt.

Veidt

noisome07 said:
wtf not cool...
da fuck
it's like you've stolen several of my identities, I had no idea people actually SAVED my avatars!
I'll find a way to get my loved ones back! I swear I will All of them are mine! :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom