• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steven Seagal is being sued for all kinds of crazy shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Steven Seagal Sued for Sexual Assault
20100412_seagal_190x190.jpg

from Vulture by Adam K. Raymond

TMZ has gotten its hands on a nasty lawsuit filed by a former model against Steven Seagal that accuses him of sexual assault and trafficking women for sex. In the lawsuit, 23-year-old Kayden Nguyen says she applied for a personal assistant position with Seagal and got the job. But when she went to work, the assisting she was expected to do was a little too personal.

On her first day she met two Russian girls who she says "were available for [Seagal's] sexual needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week." She was expected to fill a similar role. On her first night, Nguyen says, Seagal reached his hands up her skirt, tried to touch her breasts and stuck his hands down her pants. The next day he did it again. Yikes! Now Nguyen is suing Seagal for sexual harassment, illegal trafficking of females for sex, failure to prevent sexual harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination in violation of public policy and false representations about employment.

We're not sure how this will affect Seagal's reputation as a Lawman, but it can't be good.

Steven Seagal Sued for Sexual Assault, Trafficking [TMZ]
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/nymag/vulture/~3/mrHfDCEiznc/steven_seagal_sued_for_sexual.html

*insert Above the Law reference here*

Chris R

So wait, she was wearing a skirt and pants at the same time? Or did she swap outfits after getting felt up her skirt? THIS IS IMPORTANT PEOPLE!!!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Why did she go back the second day?

NoRéN

rhfb said:
So wait, she was wearing a skirt and pants at the same time? Or did she swap outfits after getting felt up her skirt? THIS IS IMPORTANT PEOPLE!!!
My thoughts exactly.

phoenix_wright.jpg

DMczaf

I thought this was going to be about people getting pissed about him photoshopping his head on to their bodies

51yGat3%2BPTL._SS500_.jpg

Fusebox

Banned
He should defend himself in court. If he can match the quality of his speech in Deadly Ground he'll have an entire weeping jury on his side.

SpeedingUptoStop

The bigger question is, he had two women on his payroll who satisfied him 24/7. Where we they when he was jonesin' on this chick?

SpeedingUptoStop

rhfb said:

"Seagal....finds a way."

Teddman

DMczaf said:
I thought this was going to be about people getting pissed about him photoshopping his head on to their bodies

51yGat3%2BPTL._SS500_.jpg
This is a GREAT Seagal movie, tied with Pistol Whipped as the best in his direct-to-video library.

It's kickass.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
23-year-old Kayden Nguyen says she applied for a personal assistant position with Seagal and got the job. But when she went to work, the assisting she was expected to do was a little too personal.

Sounds like a voice-over for a movie trailer.

Decado

How the hell can you sue someone for "illegal trafficking of females for sex"? Isn't that just a criminal offense?

RiskyChris said:
Another example of people taken advantage of in situations they can't easily escape.
Just like when Segal was trapped in the connecting tube in Executive Decision and he had to decide whether saving his own life or those of his squad aboard the stealth fighter. He could have taken advantage of the situation and saved himself and it was also something he could not easily escape.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
RiskyChris said:
Because she was an assistant to someone famous? Another example of people taken advantage of in situations they can't easily escape.

As a human being she is not only completely within her legal rights to leave a job like this immediately and press charges, but expected to if she's of capable intelligence.

But I really dont want you to drag this into another debate over the objectification of poor, delicate little flowers that are women.

EatChildren said:
But I really dont want you to drag this into another debate over the objectification of poor, delicate little flowers that are women.

You don't want to because this is about as blatant as "powerful guy takes advantage of woman" as it gets.

Though I agree that she should've left and pressed charges, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand why someone given access to a famous person does something to not jeopardize that access.

EatChildren

RiskyChris said:
You don't want to because this is about as blatant as "powerful guy takes advantage of woman" as it gets.

No, I dont want to because I dont want to debate this objectification man-hating bullshit with you.

EatChildren

RiskyChris said:
I love men tho.

Doesnt stop you being impossible to argue or reason with, especially with your conclusion jumping.

Anyway, if its genuine then hopefully Segal will get what he deserves. She should have left the day it happened though and its sad she didn't have the confidence and/or intelligence to do so, and thus had to deal with his abuse twice.

Guess it's always easy to shake down someone with money.

Hmmmm...Defend myself in a court of law for say 100k...OR......

Make it go away for 50k????

What type of proof does she have? I'm going to assume none. So it's one person's word vs. someone elses.

Dead Man

Sounds like some BS, why go back? He already had 2 girls anyway? What the hell? No one before now has noticed this shit?

lexi said:
In the time since this thread was posted, Steve Seagal has released two movies direct to DVD.
:lol Perfect.

Decado said:
How the hell can you sue someone for "illegal trafficking of females for sex"? Isn't that just a criminal offense?
This is America dude? I don't know, sounds off to me too.

RiskyChris said:
Someone asked why someone would stick around a famous person who abused them, and I gave an answer.

Do you disagree with why she did what she did?

I don't know anything about the ecnal, but I am betting that he thinks rape is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom