• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steven Seagal is being sued for all kinds of crazy shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Man

Hah, this is the picture they ran with on the online newspaper I read:

180727-steven-seagal-facing-lawsuit.jpg
:D

Did anyone even bother to take a look at the part of the site its at?

I don't know about you, but I don't a news out let with this as the main attractor on the front page of their entertainment section is trustworthy.

20100412_walken-manbaby_560x375.jpg

Not to mention that "Vulture: Devouring Culture" at the top of the page makes me a but iffy.

Yes I know it's from the New Yorker but I wouldn't be surprised if this is part of the tabloid section or something similar. Not to mention it's poorly written (hence the "was she wearing a skirt and jeans?" confusion) for something that would be considered a near ground breaking story.

I'm not saying that there's no way the guy could have done it, and if he did he's a scumbag, but I'll wait until a more reliable source before pulling the guillotine.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
RiskyChris said:
Someone asked why someone would stick around a famous person who abused them, and I gave an answer.

Do you disagree with why she did what she did?

"Can't easily escape"?

So Steven Segal has mob ties now? Once you work for him, you can't quit until he's done with you?

Archaix said:
"Can't easily escape"?

So Steven Segal has mob ties now? Once you work for him, you can't quit until he's done with you?

Does it really take much cognitive effort to understand why somebody would do anything to keep a tie to somebody famous? If she put up a front then she would've been thrown to the curb.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
RiskyChris said:
Does it really take much cognitive effort to understand why somebody would do anything to keep a tie to somebody famous? If she put up a front then she would've been thrown to the curb.

So we're supposed to pity her for putting career over dignity and personal rights?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
geeko420 said:
He's a cop, I doubt he would something as dumb as that.

Well, of course. Cops never do anything immoral or wrong.

RiskyChris said:

So what part about that can't easily be escaped? Don't want to leave and can't leave are entirely different things, and one of those is her own damned fault for putting herself in that situation more than once.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
RiskyChris said:
I make it a habit to pity people who are taken advantage of, yes.

Her being abused by Segal warrants pity. Her choosing her career over everything else does not. It warrants criticism, which she rightly gets, because its stupidity.

And thats if this even happened.

Archaix said:
Well, of course. Cops never do anything immoral or wrong.

Figures cop haters would show up.

EatChildren said:
Her being abused by Segal warrants pity. Her choosing her career over everything else does not. It warrants criticism, which she rightly gets, because its stupidity.

And thats if this even happened.

She almost had no choice in deciding to not work for somebody famous. Well, in the case of strict sexual abuse I guess she could've sued his face off, but my point stands that she was not in a position of untainted free will.

Archaix said:
So what part about that can't easily be escaped? Don't want to leave and can't leave are entirely different things, and one of those is her own damned fault for putting herself in that situation more than once.

Didn't want to and can't are closely linked.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
RiskyChris said:
Because she was an assistant to someone famous? Another example of people taken advantage of in situations they can't easily escape.

RiskyChris said:

Of all the people in the threads today that you have viewed or outright labeled as misogynistic, I think you need to take a hard look at yourself. I think that you have a very low opinion of women, and that you think they are unable to make rational and reasonable decisions for themselves.

Seriously, look at everything you've written today. Not once, that I have seen, have you put any responsibility upon the women for the situations they have found themselves in. By completely absolving them of any responsibility, you are condescendingly treating them like children.

mre said:
Not once, that I have seen, have you put any responsibility upon the women for the situations they have found themselves in. By completely absolving them of any responsibility, you are condescendingly treating them like children.

I'm not absolving them of responsibility, I'm directly attacking assholes who took advantage of women in vulnerable positions.

Attacking the victim is pretty much the most pathetic thing of all time.

ecnal

RiskyChris said:
Someone asked why someone would stick around a famous person who abused them, and I gave an answer.

Do you disagree with why she did what she did?

sorry, i'm not taking this bait.

i've seen enough of your posts over a variety of threads to realize where this is heading.

EatChildren

RiskyChris said:
She almost had no choice in deciding to not work for somebody famous. Well, in the case of strict sexual abuse I guess she could've sued his face off, but my point stands that she was not in a position of untainted free will.

This is absolute of falsety and its absurd that you genuinely believe this.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
mre said:
Of all the people in the threads today that you have viewed or outright labeled as misogynistic, I think you need to take a hard look at yourself. I think that you have a very low opinion of women, and that you think they are unable to make rational and reasonable decisions for themselves.

Seriously, look at everything you've written today. Not once, that I have seen, have you put any responsibility upon the women for the situations they have found themselves in. By completely absolving them of any responsibility, you are condescendingly treating them like children.

Thank you for saying it, because I was coming in here to type pretty much the exact same thing. It's sickening how he seems to think women completely lack the ability to make a decision of their own.

Also, for the record, one day's worth of this is more than enough reason to think that Segal should be punished to the fullest extent of the law assuming the accusations are true. A second day is more than enough reason to ridicule the accuser for going back to that job.

EatChildren said:
This is absolute of falsety and its absurd that you genuinely believe this.

You don't think somebody who can touch fame would sacrifice dignity to keep that?

Archaix said:
Thank you for saying it, because I was coming in here to type pretty much the exact same thing. It's sickening how little he seems to think women have the ability to make a decision of their own.

As evidenced by girl-age, women will sacrifice some of their dignity for things like a "bad boy" or even somebody who's not a fucking little baby girl. It's not a stretch to say that women don't exactly have pure decision-making when it comes to deciding whether to cut ties to a famous person.

mre

RiskyChris said:
I'm not absolving them of responsibility, I'm directly attacking assholes who took advantage of women in vulnerable positions.

Attacking the victim is pretty much the most pathetic thing of all time.

Yes, you are. Right here:

She almost had no choice in deciding to not work for somebody famous. Well, in the case of strict sexual abuse I guess she could've sued his face off, but my point stands that she was not in a position of untainted free will.​

You have a long way to go to convince anyone that "personal assistant to Steven Seagal" is the only employment opportunity that she had available to her.

mre said:
Yes, you are. Right here:

She almost had no choice in deciding to not work for somebody famous. Well, in the case of strict sexual abuse I guess she could've sued his face off, but my point stands that she was not in a position of untainted free will.​

You have a long way to go to convince anyone that "personal assistant to Steven Seagal" is the only employment opportunity that she had available to her.

PA to Steven Seagal is most likely the most glamorous position available to her. I guess she coulda gotten a job at McDonalds.

mre

RiskyChris said:
PA to Steven Seagal is most likely the most glamorous position available to her. I guess she coulda gotten a job at McDonalds.

What's wrong with that??

EatChildren

RiskyChris said:
You don't think somebody who can touch fame would sacrifice dignity to keep that?

I never said that. What I said was her action warranted criticism, which it does, for its stupidity, and I called you out on your absurd belief that working for somebody famous almost entirely stips someone of their decision making capabilities.

"Oh but I'm working for somebody famous I just caaant quit my job because he's famous!!!"

mre said:
What's wrong with that??

There's nothing wrong with working at McD's, but do you not understand why somebody would rather work for Steven fucking Seagal? :lol

EatChildren said:
I never said that. What I said was her action warranted criticism, which it does, for its stupidity, and I called you out on your absurd belief that working for somebody famous almost entirely stips someone of their decision making capabilities.

It doesn't strip somebody of those decisions, though it puts them in a difficult position absolutely worthy of pity considering she's being fucking abused.

mre said:

Thank you Fozzy. Unfortunately, it's difficult, if not impossible, to have rational conversations with someone who is irrational, and/or, simply out to prove some agenda.

No one knows what happened at this point. So he's neither guilty nor innocent. Just don't go forgetting about those Duke lacrosse players, okay Risky?

RiskyChris said:
There's nothing wrong with working at McD's, but do you not understand why somebody would rather work for Steven fucking Seagal? :lol

Yeah, she doesn't get sexually assaulted.

Mre: Careful, RiskyChris seems to be favoring The White Man's Burden when it comes to women. He patronizes women to a point that is bordering on sexist, if not sexist.

ConfusingJazz said:
Yeah, she doesn't get sexually assaulted.

Good job, staying with abusive assholes is not exactly rational. This is one of the reasons I am outspoken on this issue because women are very literally stuck in irrational tragedies.

EatChildren

RiskyChris said:
It doesn't strip somebody of those decisions, though it puts them in a difficult position absolutely worthy of pity considering she's being fucking abused.

What's her abuse got to do with whether or not her job position equates to a ball and chain?

Dead Man

RiskyChris said:
Good job, staying with abusive assholes is not exactly rational. This is one of the reasons I am outspoken on this issue because women are very literally stuck in irrational tragedies.
So... women can't or shouldn't be expected to act rationally? I'm not really trying to pick sides here, but your argument so far seems to be pretty thin. It's not like it was a long standing emotional relationship, or anything. The only obstacle you seem to have put for leaving is either her being irrational, or her being desperate to be working for someone famous. Neither of which is exactly casting her in a great light.

mre

RiskyChris said:

I'm sure the pay was substantially higher than the minimum wage that she would have earned at McDonald's, which I understand.

But how on earth do you make the leap from "potential to make more money" to having "no choice in deciding to not work for somebody famous"?

idahoblue said:
So... women can't or shouldn't be expected to act rationally? I'm not really trying to pick sides here, but your argument so far seems to be pretty thin. It's not like it was a long standing emotional relationship, or anything. The only obstacle you seem to have put for leaving is either her being irrational, or her being desperate to be working for someone famous. Neither of which is exactly casting her in a great light.

There's nothing wrong with being subject to forces out of your control. I'm not calling her a bad person for being irrational or so desperate that she has to work for somebody famous.
mre said:
But how on earth do you make the leap from "potential to make more money" to having "no choice in deciding to not work for somebody famous"?

I've seen women go through stupid things for just normal guys. I don't see any leap to the kind of abuse women will tolerate for somebody legit famous.

EatChildren

RiskyChris said:
Um a ball and chain that ties you to abuse........ why is that relevant?

She's not tied to the abuse. This has been clarified. Her job position in no way demanded she stay with the abuse any longer than she wishes to.

Stop dancing around the issue of the abuse itself and clarify how, as you have implied, she was in a position where and I quote "She almost had no choice in deciding to not work for somebody famous."

EatChildren said:
"She almost had no choice in deciding to not work for somebody famous."

If she didn't choose to work for him she would lose that tie. That is a huge fucking carrot dangling in front of her face.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
idahoblue said:

God, what part of this do you sexists not get? She has a vagina so she can't think for herself. It's not rocket surgery, here.

mre

RiskyChris said:
I've seen women go through stupid things for just normal guys. I don't see any leap to the kind of abuse women will tolerate for somebody legit famous.

So, again, the women have zero responsibility for their decisions? She had no other choice but to be a PA to someone who is "legit famous"?

At this point, you're just being intellectually dishonest to the point that carrying on a discussion on this topic is not a worthwhile expenditure of time.

Woah somebody famous has an easier time treating women like shit and keeping them?! I don't believe it - people in this thread.

EatChildren

RiskyChris said:
If she didn't choose to work for him she would lose that tie. That is a huge fucking carrot dangling in front of her face.

:lol Her personal interest and desire to work for somebody famous does not excuse stupid decision making. The job was was only as much of a carrot in front of her face as wished it to be. No external forces at play.

Unless of course you're implying women are animals greatly influenced by basic urges and desires to the point where it overrides rational thought and would thus be unfairly criticised for doing something they essentially had no control over.

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
RiskyChris said:
Because she was an assistant to someone famous? Another example of people taken advantage of in situations they can't easily escape.

Not you again... you really ARE gunning for that "Professional White Knight" tag, aren't you?

EatChildren said:
:lol Her personal interest and desire to work for somebody famous does not excuse stupid decision making. The job was was only as much of a carrot in front of her face as wished it to be. No external forces at play.

Unless of course you're implying women are animals greatly influenced by basic urges and desires to the point where it overrides rational thought and would thus be unfairly criticised for doing something they essentially had no control over.

People are animals influenced by basic urges and desires O_O woah no way

Also, maybe you can criticize her bad decisions and ALSO understand the forces that caused her to make them? Woah.

Alfarif said:
Not you again... you really ARE gunning for that "Professional White Knight" tag, aren't you?

I'd love a white knight tag because I know the true allies on this forum would appreciate it.

EatChildren

RiskyChris said:
People are animals influenced by basic urges and desires O_O woah no way

Also, maybe you can criticize her bad decisions and ALSO understand the forces that caused her to make them? Woah.

And again you fail to specify how, exactly, she and I quote again "almost had no choice in deciding to not work for somebody famous."

Its been fun dude but I've got a dinner to cook. God speed.

EatChildren said:
And again you fail to specify how, exactly, she and I quote again "almost had no choice in deciding to not work for somebody famous."

Its been fun dude but I've got a dinner to cook. God speed.

You underestimate the value some people see in knowing somebody famous. God speed.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
RiskyChris said:
I'd love a white knight tag because I know the true allies on this forum would appreciate it.

Crusade, party of one, your table is ready. Crusade, party of one.

pakkit

Banned
RiskyChris has ruined no less than 4 threads within the past 2 days.

If this is some grand trolling scheme, I applaud your efforts.

RiskyChris said:
You underestimate the value some people see in knowing somebody famous. God speed.

Stupid people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom