• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Light Gun Games Gunblade NY and LA Machineguns coming to Wii

LA machineguns is like the best lightgun shooter ever and never got released for a console before.
I'm like in 7th heaven right now

omg omg omg

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Doesn't LA Machineguns play at the Key Club very Tuesday night?

cacildo

t7egza.jpg

I wish i could jump for joy, but the weight of 182 wii rails shooter is keeping me on the floor.

n0b

LA Machineguns is pretty cool, but is it going to come with a giant vibrating stand with a mounted gun as an attachment? If not whats the point? I doubt it will have the same charm if you're just pointing and shooting a Wii remote. ):

Brera

Banned
HoD1 was going to be too much work for them to convert.

Sega need to release shitloads more gungames. I'm amazed that there are so many that were never released on consoles.

HoD2 and 3 sold pretty well and was a good conversion but I was never a fan of either game. We need some Time Crisis and Virtua Cop love here!

Fuck, yes. Too bad they can't replicate the huge, rattling machinegun rig with booming bass that left you feeling the buzz minutes after you've walked away from the game. :D

Hero of Legend said:
Jet Squadron seems to be the third game in this series, from the NAOMI 2, strange they didn't include it as these two seem to be from Saturn-esc platforms.

http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=725&gid=2195#2195

I guess they thought they couldn't make it a budget release if they did?

According to that, it was never released, and was only in alpha form at the show. And now I'm bummed that there was going to be a third one, but they pulled it, probably due to lack of interest or bad reactions at the show.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
The game hasn't aged very well. Here's to hoping they add some upgrades to the visuals.

Kulock said:
Fuck, yes. Too bad they can't replicate the huge, rattling machinegun rig with booming bass that left you feeling the buzz minutes after you've walked away from the game. :D

According to that, it was never released, and was only in alpha form at the show. And now I'm bummed that there was going to be a third one, but they pulled it, probably due to lack of interest or bad reactions at the show.

Oh, that's why. :p That's what happens to me early in the morning; you miss some obvious points when you just don't READ. XD

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I was playing Gun Blade yesterday, and was thinking to myself it would be cool if they brought this to the Wii, woo they are.... updated graphics please.

Kulock said:
ha ha, oh yes

L.A. Machine Guns is my favorite arcade shooter. It's half game, half massage machine. Pop in 2 games worth of credits, firmly grip both guns, and prepare to melt.

This game should be sold with optional giant vibrating plastic machine gun and floor panel accessories.

cacildo

Hero of Legend said:
Oh, that's why. :p That's what happens to me early in the morning; you miss some obvious points when you just don't READ. XD

Ah, that happens a lot, but its hard to find someone actually talking about it.

Its a taboo, like having sex with railroad tracks

Brera said:
Sega need to release shitloads more gungames. I'm amazed that there are so many that were never released on consoles.

HoD2 and 3 sold pretty well and was a good conversion but I was never a fan of either game. We need some Time Crisis and Virtua Cop love here!

THIS!! A Virtua Cop compilation would be perfect. Also, Namco, why is there only one game I can use with my G-Con? Time Crisis 4 is great and all, but give me the first 3 and then Sega can have a reason to port HotD 4 to the PS3 and/or 360.

Rat Salad

Banned
I use to play LA Machine Gun at PlayLand,intense game,use to walk away afterwards as soaked as a bore. :lol Will miss the vibrating heavy machine gun that was used for the arcade version but ah well,just glad Sega are bringing anooher batch of classic games home,good to see. Virtua Cop 3 maybe someday as well?

M3d10n

AFAIK, Gunblade NY is a Model2 game, and Sega no longer have the source code for any model 2 games anymore. That was supposedly the reason behind HotD1's absence in the HotD collection.

So, they are either re-making the game (yay, upgraded visuals) or emulating it (they did that before: the PS2 Sega Ages Virtua Fighter 2 was supposedly emulated).

So awesome. The wiimote better rumble the entire time you keep the trigger held down.

Also I'd love to see some little updates in the graphics and some crazy unlocks to add variety.

Swittcher

Banned
I love how back in the day, Japanese companies just figured that in the near future, LA and NY will be patrolled by massive mounted machineguns firing upon anything that moves.

My friend and I played Ghost Squad over and over. I'm guessing we'll be playing LA Machine Guns over and over. I fucking LOVE that game.

Swittcher said:
I love how back in the day, Japanese companies just figured that in the near future, LA and NY will be patrolled by massive mounted machineguns firing upon anything that moves.

Americans are much more reasonable.

robocop-431x300.jpg

_dementia said:
Buy a PS2 then.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/6/561706_22808_front.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

yeah, because they work sooo good on flat screens...oh wait

Sega must be really dumb if they don't release a VC compilation on Wii soon

The names didn't ring any bells, then I saw the cabinets with the big flatscreen and huge machine guns and had instant memories of birthday parties at pizza and laser tag joints.

TunaLover

iamaustrian said:
yeah, because they work sooo good on flat screens...oh wait

Sega must be really dumb if they don't release a VC compilation on Wii soon

You mean VC Arcade? I don't think they have released so big sized games for VC Arcade yet. Heck, we should be lucky enough if they release more game for it in US.

M3d10n said:
AFAIK, Gunblade NY is a Model2 game, and Sega no longer have the source code for any model 2 games anymore. That was supposedly the reason behind HotD1's absence in the HotD collection.

So, they are either re-making the game (yay, upgraded visuals) or emulating it (they did that before: the PS2 Sega Ages Virtua Fighter 2 was supposedly emulated).

So too was the recent Daytona USA remake. May mean SEGA have a decent Model2 emulator these days.

Top Bottom