• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band DLC Announcements

i know. its an amazing rock band song. one of the best.

Still holding out hope for Look Out Cleveland.

And as for my white whale in this game, it is Age of Consent by New Order. I want that so bad, and the New Order stuff released so far has just been a tease.

And I want more Who, dammit. It has been too long. If I cannot get the entirety of Tommy or Quadrophenia, can I at least get A Quick One?

Also, Harmonix sent out an email about Black Friday sales on Dance Central stuff and Rock Band Blitz. Blitz will be 600MSP on Friday. Awesome price for lots of DLC.

FyreWulff

Even further detail on the sale, direct from Harmonix:

hmxhenry said:
For those that missed the livestream yesterday, this DLC sale will likely remain up for quite some time. We don't have any plans to end the sale any time soon, so for the foreseeable future these 1,100 songs will remain 50% off.

The response to the sale has been so overwhelmingly positive that we wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to take advantage of it. So we're not saying "this sale will NEVER end" because a lot of store stuff is out of our control, but right now we don't have any plans to put an end date on this sale. If those plans ever change for any reason we'll be sure to message to the community well in advance.

EYEL1NER

The normal 5lane guitars drop usually exactly on Black Friday. I got the Woodstrat last year for 40$ that way. It's normally 200-300$. It's pretty good, but the strum bar has so much tension it's actually more tiring than a real guitar to use it :lol

At one point in my house I had:

- The Squier Rock Band Strat (real guitar)
- The Mustang (fake real guitar)
- Woodstrat (real fake guitar)
- Xplorer (fake guitar)

to play Rock Band with.
So I am looking at a MadCatz Wood Strat right now for $49 (and then $30+ for shipping, $83 total). I want to get it badly, but I fired off some questions via email to the website.
I am worried a bit about it arriving broken after being shipped all the way here to APO and need to know what my options are for warranty, refund, return, or if I just file a claim with the USPS.
And I also had some questions about care and maintaince. Since it is pretty much a real Strat that was gutted in favor of controller innards, it is susceptible to the same hazards a real guitar is. While researching into buying a real guitar recently (gonna put it off another year), I found out that dryness is very bad for them. And here in the arctic circle, it gets down to -40F all winter and is very, VERY dry (the skin on my fingers is proof). A coworker said that he knew a guy who brought a really nice guitar up here with him and in the winter, it cracked like crazy. So that is a concern as well.
After an email back though, I will probably order one.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
So I am looking at a MadCatz Wood Strat right now for $49 (and then $30+ for shipping, $83 total). I want to get it badly, but I fired off some questions via email to the website.
I am worried a bit about it arriving broken after being shipped all the way here to APO and need to know what my options are for warranty, refund, return, or if I just file a claim with the USPS.
And I also had some questions about care and maintaince. Since it is pretty much a real Strat that was gutted in favor of controller innards, it is susceptible to the same hazards a real guitar is. While researching into buying a real guitar recently (gonna put it off another year), I found out that dryness is very bad for them. And here in the arctic circle, it gets down to -40F all winter and is very, VERY dry (the skin on my fingers is proof). A coworker said that he knew a guy who brought a really nice guitar up here with him and in the winter, it cracked like crazy. So that is a concern as well.

I can relate with you dude, I bought one of these for $100 a while back, shipped it to apo (in korea) and it came just fine. Don't know about it's strength against cold temps though.

FyreWulff

There's an advantage over a full real guitar that it has.. it's not under tension. So nothing is being stressed.

Here's the pic of mine, next to the Mustang:

S37ed.jpg

EYEL1NER

Nice. I'm definitely going to buy one.
Provided the site is still being maintained often and the inventory the list is still correct. I don't know how they haven't sold out of them at almost $50 a pop.

EYEL1NER

And ordering one to here is a no-go.
Got an email last night from the shipping manager saying that they have no experience shipping to a climate like this and stuff, but also that they only ship UPS now, so APO shipping is not an option.
Now I am waiting to hear back after emailing again and asking what the shipping weight and dimensions were, in case I want to order one to my apartment and have my wife or a buddy ship it to me here themselves.

Walmart.com does have the full Band Hero kit for $42 right now. I still want the Strat (and brought it up as a possible birthday gift to my wife, since the 4th is right around the corner), but I don't own GH drums, only RB (and even then they are gen 1 drums). It would get here quicker and scratch my itch for playing guitar songs and from what I hear the GH5 guitar is supposed to be pretty good quality.
I know Newegg has had it for $20-something before, but they are asking $60 for it right now. This is the cheapest around, so I might order it tonight.

Menaged

I kinda posted about it a while ago, but I just got around to trying out DLC (I know...).

Anyway, I bought a song (ghost of predition) from the US PS Store, installed it, but couldn't find it on the setlist.
I'm playing on a PAL copy of RB3 so maybe that's the issue?

I'm just a bit hesitant to try and buy the song again from the EU store (Israeli one if that makes a difference). I tried going to "get more songs" but it just says "currently unavailable" for some reason.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

I kinda posted about it a while ago, but I just got around to trying out DLC (I know...).

Anyway, I bought a song (ghost of predition) from the US PS Store, installed it, but couldn't find it on the setlist.
I'm playing on a PAL copy of RB3 so maybe that's the issue?

I'm just a bit hesitant to try and buy the song again from the EU store (Israeli one if that makes a difference). I tried going to "get more songs" but it just says "currently unavailable" for some reason.

Am I missing something?

Thanks
Dlc is region locked I think.

Managed to snag five points cards at Target when they were on sale this weekend. So I have more than enough to load up on DLC that I missed. Also grabbed Rock Band Blitz while it was on sale.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Hmmm, okay then.
I guess it also showed unavailable when I tried the Israeli store, since they're actually not available on the store.

I assume that I can bypass all this by creating a UK account any buying a UK PSN card for 30 or whatever pounds?

Yea, that's the typical way around it. Different country from the same region.

Hop

This week in RBN:

Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 11/29/2012

Blues
Brian Kahanek – “Gemini” (160 MSP)

Hip-Hop/Rap
AFD Shift – “Crusader” (160 MSP)
MC Lars – “Lars Attacks!” (160 MSP)

Metal
Amberian Dawn – “Charnel’s Ball” (160 MSP)
Anarchy Club – “A Single Drop of Red (The Gentleman)” (80 MSP)
Emmure – “Protoman” (160 MSP)
Escape the Day – “Turn Back Time (Rock Band Edition)” (160 MSP) 2x
Strikken – “Re-Live” (80 MSP) 2x

Pop-Rock
Dance for the Dying – “Mannequin” (80 MSP)
John Parr – “Naughty Naughty” (160 MSP)

Rock
Distant Autumn – “The Christmas Song (Live)” (80 MSP)
Enemigo – “Rehén” (80 MSP)
The Lora G Band – “Mary” (160 MSP)
Richard Campbell – “Rock the Halls” (80 MSP)
The Trews – “People of the Deer” (80 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 12/4/2012 (North America) and 12/5/2012 (Europe)

Within the Ruins - "Controller" ($1.99), Metal
Lich King - "Act of War" ($0.99), Metal
an Unkindness - "A Death" ($0.99), Alternative
Sonic Boom Six - "For The Kids of the Multiculture" ($1.99), Rock
Counterparts - "Jumping Ship" ($1.99), Punk

Official DLC:

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (December 4th, 2012):

* The Black Crowes – “She Talks to Angels” O X
* The Black Crowes – “Remedy” O
* The Black Crowes – “Sometimes Salvation”

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system December 5th)

Price:

$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points™) for the “The Black Crowes Pack 01”

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song

$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Caw, caw

(I got nothing)

Hop

yay, Black Crowes!

Another new artist (? - can't remember if we had anything from them previously)

There's a cover of Hard to Handle. Which I'm surprised we didn't get an (Original Version) of here since it's the same album as She Talks to Angels.

Sweet. I love Remedy. The other two songs are pretty good too. Can't wait to try my hand at some Robinson vocals this weekend. My girlfriend is going to hate it though, she can't stand his voice.

Minamu

This is probably the best thread to ask. I'm having problems doing the trills that are inside the colored boxes (ie, the solo in Cold as Ice). I'm not sure how to actually tackle them, button wise, the timing seems weird to me compared to normal buttons. At the end of 25 or 6 to 4, it seems I can hammer the GY chords as much as I want without caring about accuracy, but that doesn't seem to work with trills.

Top Bottom