• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Risng 2: Case West announced (360 Exclusive)

Sadist

http://www.capcom.co.jp/deadrising/2/case_w.html

Trailer Youtube'd

The above contains a trailer.

More info to follow

Edit:

dr2_-logo_case-west_TM_edited-1TM%E7%89%88-copy-300x150.jpg

Complimenting Dead Rising 2™: CASE ZERO, Dead Rising 2: CASE WESTwill extend the Dead Rising 2 experience by delivering brand new content and the return of a familiar face. Available exclusively on Xbox LIVE® online entertainment system following the release of Dead Rising 2™, Dead Rising 2: CASE WESTwill see Frank West team up with Chuck Greene for some serious co-op action. In co-op mode, Xbox LIVE®Gold members will see the two protagonists delve deeper into the reasons behind the Fortune City outbreak and provide further links to the Willamette incident.

http://www.capcom-europe.com/blog/category/en

DO WANT! I wonder if it’s gonna be like another separate Arcade game with 12 achievements or if it’ll just be combined into Dead Rising 2?

Nemesis_

Tricky I Shadow said:
DO WANT! I wonder if it’s gonna be like another separate Arcade game with 12 achievements or if it’ll just be combined into Dead Rising 2?

Capcom are considering it a separate game. I'd go the same route as Case Zero.

OneEightZero said:
Is it sad that Case Zero, and now this game, will be enough to sate my Dead Rising experience? I love the demo(s), and they have just enough zombie death to not warrant my purchasing the actual game.

Glad they announced another demo. Can't wait. ^_^

That is kinda sad as Case Zero, while amazing, is a tremendous tease (as it's supposed to be). You should be hyped for DR2, but then again if you're only into the zombie killin' then well, you're playing DR for the wrong reasons IMHO =P

Hunahan

Banned
OneEightZero said:
Is it sad that Case Zero, and now this game, will be enough to sate my Dead Rising experience? I love the demo(s), and they have just enough zombie death to not warrant my purchasing the actual game.

Glad they announced another demo. Can't wait. ^_^
That's what makes this pretty smart.

Instead of "DLC" add-ons that limit to a fraction of the existing audience, they get to dip into the larger pool and pull in anyone who's interested in a taste.

Could be the future path of "DLC" episodes...

Dizzle24

Holy shit. Mr. West is back. :D

Also, it seems that Capcom doesn't want PS3 owners to play DR2 at all.

I really hope this content makes it's way on PS3 soon... I'm poor and can't afford an Xbox.

FrankT

Hunahan said:
That's what makes this pretty smart.

Instead of "DLC" add-ons that limit to a fraction of the existing audience, they get to dip into the larger pool and pull in anyone who's interested in a taste.

Could be the future path of "DLC" episodes...

Yea 500k in what two weeks it's certainly looking like the future of DLC. An easy $2.5 million so far before the game is even released. If Capcom isn't making money off that there is something wrong.

stupei

The Faceless Master said:
oh boy.

Capcom is off to a great start on "alienate the fans' day.

All those fans of the first game who don't own the platform it's on are going to be so angry.

Zenith

Banned
Dammit, this game comes out on 2 other platforms and we get to miss out on like 6 hours of content. How does this benefit the consumer when it's already a multiplatform game?

Shaka

FUCKUNT!.
131039.gif
Second hand Capcom I swear, you don't deserve my monies.
stupei said:
All those fans of the first game who don't own the platform it's on are going to be so angry.
ffs is there a law that prevents me from playing and enjoying 360 exclusives whilst not owning the console?

Shurs

stupei said:

Or all those fans who want a complete Dead Rising 2 experience but don't own a 360.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I had no clue about this pre-TGS event, and I've been so busy lately that I forgot about TGS - excellent news, I have to wait before I play it since I'm not even back yet to have played Case Zero.

I'm guessing that this is where that pic of Frank and the new guy were shown from some days ago.

Excellent news, Capcom is really pushing the Dead Rising franchise, they weren't just talking out of their ass when they said that they wanted it to be bigger than Resident Evil.

The Faceless Master said:
oh boy.

Capcom is off to a great start on "alienate the fans' day.

Remember where the fans actually originated, where they played the original, and where it got its fame - DR2 isn't even out yet.

Alx

For once it's an exclusive that makes sense, since Frank West is from DR1 and the game was exclusive to 360. So if you consider it as fan service (even if I never understood why Frank was so loved), why not.
PS3 owners would have still appreciated it, though, but I wouldn't be surprised if sooner or later they get it on PSN too. Exclusives never last long on this generation (wasn't case zero supposed to be a PS3 exclusive to introduce gamers to the franchise ?)

Cobra84

stupei said:
Multi-console and gaming PC owners?

I was forced to buy Dead Rising 1 on the 360, but I want Dead Rising 2 for the PC (assuming the port isn't complete ass).

stupei

I can understand people who don't own the platform being upset because they want to play it but "fans" seems like the strangest label you could possibly pick for a userbase where the majority aren't even going to know who Frank West is.

Probably only timed exclusive anyway. Case Zero sold too well.

Haunted

Man, Capcom pulling out all the stops, pursuing those additional revenue streams really aggressively. Substantial pre-release DLC instead of a regular demo, now substantial post-release DLC announced before the game even launches. It's like getting paid three times for the same product.

OMG Aero

I like that a couple of days ago there was a thread where everyone complained about Frank West being in a thread title about Dead Rising 2 but then Capcom go and announce him anyway.

Shurs

Alx said:
For once it's an exclusive that makes sense, since Frank West is from DR1 and the game was exclusive to 360. So if you consider it as fan service (even if I never understood why Frank was so loved), why not.
PS3 owners would have still appreciated it, though, but I wouldn't be surprised if sooner or later they get it on PSN too. Exclusives never last long on this generation (wasn't case zero supposed to be a PS3 exclusive to introduce gamers to the franchise ?)

No.

stupei

Haunted said:
Man, Capcom pulling out all the stops, pursuing those additional revenue streams really aggressively. Substantial pre-release DLC instead of a regular demo, now substantial post-release DLC announced before the game even launches.

DLC that doesn't require the game for purchase might prove to be a better money-maker than using DLC as a means of keeping people from selling back the game.

OMG Aero said:
I like that a couple of days ago there was a thread where everyone complained about Frank West being in a thread title about Dead Rising 2 but then Capcom go and announce him anyway.

Is it possible this is what those Capcom hints were referring to all along and he's not in DR2 itself?

stupei said:
DLC that doesn't require the game for purchase might prove to be a better money-maker than using DLC as a means of keeping people from selling back the game.

Is it possible this is what those Capcom hints were referring to all along and he's not in DR2 itself?

That's what I'm thinking

Top Bottom