• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Draco - New kinect game by Yukio Futatsugi (Panzer Dragoon, Phantom Dust)

Empty

just announced at tgs. trailer shown to press.

concept art:

msft-tgs-live-0520.jpg

"flies next year"

Futatsugi: "What I want to do most in my games is to fly. Not with my joystick. But imagine if you could ride a gigantic creature, hold the reins, point at an enemy to attack - that's how you could ride in the sky and fight."

Lijik

I kind of came in hoping for a Draco Malfoy game, but this seems pretty neat.
Will need details on how it controls and stuff.

Let me in

<----avatar :D
Ah! My favorite designer. The concept art looks like it's straight out of Panzer Dragoon. I was wondering what he's been doing all this time. And I don't have a 360.... yet.

Symytry

Great. Now I have to buy another 360. I wish Futatsugi had learned from the sales of Phantom Dust that his games need to be on PS3.

Dabanton

The director of the cult hits “Phantom Dust” and “Panzer Dragoon,” game director Yukio Futatsugi, brings you an epic 3-D flying shooter. With the magic of Kinect for Xbox 360, you will be able to nurture and learn to communicate with your dragon as you develop its skills and train it as a partner in combat. Then join friends on Xbox LIVE to feel the rush of flight as you take to the skies together and experience breathtaking vistas and engage in thrilling battles.

Nice.

This sounds very promising indeed

robor

I just................I can't comprehend this....is anyone else finding this hard to comprehend?

FrankT

Dabanton said:
Nice.

This sounds very promising indeed

I got to admit after all the crazy Kinect announcements this one interests me most. Not even sure why.

Edit: I mean that just sounds sick, but yet so over the top funny as well.

Norml said:
So how you supposed to shoot at things with no buttons and fly at the same time?
Pull/whip reigns to speed up/slow down, use hand as reticule to point at enemies and move the dragon up/down/left/right towards them, and maybe tilt for tighter turning.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
stupid kinect ruining the closest thing we'll get to a new panzer

ingame art looks kind of poo as well

Empty

i can't imagine microsoft would have bothered funding the game if it wasn't exclusive to kinect. the reason why they are interested in throwing money at these creators is so they can help sell the device to traditional gamers, they wouldn't bother otherwise.

:(

Yeah, those dragons definitely look like Panzer Dragoon dragons. Sega still owns the rights to PD and he works for MS, right?

I would be so down for a new game in that style though.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Himuro said:
sj;fj;df

HOLY SHIT

I AM HAVING A HEART ATTACK

PLEASE HAVE TRADITIONAL CONTROLS

Futatsugi: "What I want to do most in my games is to fly. Not with my joystick. But imagine if you could ride a gigantic creature, hold the reins, point at an enemy to attack - that's how you could ride in the sky and fight."

kinect continues to troll gamer's hearts.

vesp

Looks pretty cool, but i also agree with the GIVE ME MY GOD DAMN PHANTOM DUST 2 OR I STEAL YOUR SOUL sentiment.

Top Bottom