• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Live Action Trauma Team Pilot Created

Takao

Banned
In the October 15 episode of Anime News Network's podcast, the ANNCast, ANN editor Zac Berteschy interviewed Joshua Long, a producer in the US who revealed that a Trauma Team pilot was filmed. The pilot/presentation was shopped to networks worldwide at MIPCOM earlier this month, and seems to have garnered some interest and has secured some Canadian funding. Joshua goes into explaining the plot about a group of doctors who take in patients unable to pay for medical treatment, and attend to them.

Trauma Team is the latest release in the Trauma Centre franchise of games from Atlus. Team was exclusive to Wii, and launched this past May.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Let's see how it goes. I hope the Atlus staff lends some input into it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
FrostuTheNinja said:
So, is Trauma Team awesome? I played the original DS game and had a little fun.

It's actually pretty different from the previous trauma games. The standard surgery is held back, and there's lots of adventure game elements to it. The Trauma Center games were crazy action puzzle games with a medical window dressing. Trauma Team is closer to actual medical simulation, even though some of the details are fudged.

ZealousD said:
It's actually pretty different from the previous trauma games. The standard surgery is held back, and there's lots of adventure game elements to it. The Trauma Center games were crazy action puzzle games with a medical window dressing. Trauma Team is closer to actual medical simulation, even though some of the details are fudged.

Thanks for the tip. I was hoping to get some older games out of this whole Toys R Us sale and that right there sold me.

Eh, I feel like there's too many medical dramas running now. Like others have said, I'd rather have an anime. At least then half the cast wouldn't feel out of place.

fernoca

The game is great.
I heard about the pilot thing some time ago, glad to see is getting some deserved attention.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
FrostuTheNinja said:
Thanks for the tip. I was hoping to get some older games out of this whole Toys R Us sale and that right there sold me.

Granted, you're still smearing magic antibiotic gel in the surgery sections, and I doubt real-life endoscopy is as super accurate as it is in the game. But the bioterrorist puzzle element is certainly subdued. It's part of the overarching plot, but it's not something you're fighting in every mission.

I don't see how we couldn't have a US medical drama, a J-Drama, a K-Drama, and an anime. It's not like any infringe on the other.

That said I would expect the US drama to make it fit the US setting and forego stuff like diagnostics. What will separate it from other medical dramas will be how much of the wackiness it keeps.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
This is... so random. But if it gets more people playing Trauma Team and the TC games in general, I'm all for it.

jediyoshi

Stabby McSter said:
i thought they already did

it was called childrens hospital

XMDcZ.png

JKTrix

'They are a team of vigilante doctors who kidnap patients and fix them when they're not normal doctors.'

'Medical Batmen'

Uh...huh. So nothing to do with the game then. I doubt Atlus has much of anything to do with it.

When asked about crazy wacky anime superpower hijinx:

'The first Trauma Center had all that, but the Trauma Team guys had no supernatural abilities. they were just good at what they did.'

In a game where one of the characters was a ninja and another is a bonafide building-jumping superhero. Nevermind the obvious Cel Phone of the Dead lady.

Really, I wouldn't go into this show expecting anything like the game. This guy is responsible for the Bebop movie too, for what it's worth.

Top Bottom