• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insane guy remakes Super Mario Bros 3 in the NSMB (ds) engine!

This guy is insane he remade entire SMB 3 for the ds on the NSMB engine.
And if that was not enough he also made al kinds of new and bonous levels that are insane, amazing and fun to play.

Trailer and info:

Hello everyone!
6 months have passed, and I'm finally finished with the remake!!

This trailer is the most advanced trailer about a fan-remake I think :D
It'll show you some parts of the game, to see whats awaiting you!

The graphical effects like the fog/cloud were deactivated, because they're showig glitchy on no$gba!!
Everyhting was recorded with the no$gba emu!!

The complete games is based on Super Mario Bros. 3 (Nintendo, 1988/89)
All levels were replaced by the New Super Mario Bros. elements!! (DS only)

It has also some levels from different games, like other Mario games or even from Super Metroid (SNES, 1994)!

Feel free to download the patch below:

PS: please remember, don not make money with this fan-remake and remember more not to use/download the patch, when you don't have the ORIGINAL "New Sper Mario Bros. DS"
This is a product of Nintendo! You have been warned!

Downloadlink:
coming on Friday, 12th!!

Some feedback is wished! ;P
When you want to do some commercial for the game, please let me know about that first!
Thanks in advanced

Trailer and more info:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd2gtBhgwQM&feature=player_embedded

AGAIN NO Download LINK YET, tis coming 12 November 2010.

PS: if this is old or illegal to post let me know a mod can close the topic and I'll delete the txt.

Nintendo really needs to consider re-releasing SMB 3 in the NSMB engine.

What he did is great, but we need feathers, Tenuki suits, frog suits, and kuribo's shoe.

Ronok

Some of that stuff looked great, other parts looked really tedious. He needs to think about whether some of them levels add to or detract from the overall experience.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Dam shame we only got one 2D Mario plat-former out of the DS, I think DS versions of Mario Advance 1/2/3/4 would of sold like hot cakes using the NSMB engine.

meppi

The SMB3 remake part itself is rather amazing due to the amount of time it takes to put something like that together, but nearly everything else is nothing but uninspired drivel.

Just taking a look at the secrets and traps makes me avoid this romhack completely.
Not to mention the endlessly dull maze-like levels over and over again.

CrankyJay

Banned
Wow, that looks awesome. Would love to be able to do something like this.

The guy certainly wants a job making video games.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
OK there where definitely some parts of the video I didn't like, but this guy has talent, and there where some parts that where definitely Mario.

I don't know if I want the SMB3 stages, but some of his own stages are really amazing.

Good work.

BLagiver

Banned
Pikelet said:
This looks cool, but i dislike the physics and the art of NSMB, especially compared to smb3.
Yeah it looks cheap and Fisher Price like. I never understood why they couldn't just make the NSMB games similar to the SNES Mario games physics, art and just push it to the limits.

farnham

Banned
Requeim said:
Fuck that guy :)P)
4chan.jpg

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Treo360 said:
Pretty cool. Too bad a certain someone says that SMB 3 is the worst one :p
I guess that misleading thread title did what it set out to do. :p

I hope he changed the music... The music was one of the things I was disappointed by the most in the original NSMB.

I'm curious to see how it'll turn out. Many of his custom stages were nice and unobscene like some fan stages are.

vixlar

When Nintendo announced Mario All Stars Wii, i thought it was going to be something like this video. It is a shame they only gave us Mario All Stars SNES sans Mario World.

PS: I know many people doesn't like the NSMB style, I know the game is cheaper than a regular game. But please. I would pay for a remake with rearranged music and, why not, the superguide and that system used in NSMBW that let's you see master plays.

Very impressive, but it looks like there's some parts where you can just get stuck and have to wait out the timer. Maybe you have to use the pause menu to Retry or something, it's been a while since I played New SMB.

Wish I could play the game but I have no way of doing it. Default DS configurations for me. And man, what a bad trailer. I'm excited to maybe try it out someday but I turned the trailer off almost right away. He cuts so quickly I can barely see footage from the levels.

Treo360 said:
Pretty cool. Too bad a certain someone says that SMB 3 is the worst one :p

Who? Miyamoto definitely didn't.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
meppi said:
The SMB3 remake part itself is rather amazing due to the amount of time it takes to put something like that together, but nearly everything else is nothing but uninspired drivel.

Just taking a look at the secrets and traps makes me avoid this romhack completely.
Not to mention the endlessly dull maze-like levels over and over again.
This.
He seems to have done an awesome job remaking classic levels, but most of the original content he added seemed to be ranging from needlessly tedious to downright stupid (especially the traps).

Top Bottom