• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Cruncheons 05: Zettai Hero Project, Puzzle Dimension, Warhammer, Ys, Dorkness

http://cruncheons.podbean.com/mf/web/db7p3g/Cruncheons05.mp3

It's another Playlist-centric episode as we do some catching up on what we've been whiling away our hours with.

(3:30) Gamers: The Dorkness Rising, and a side-discussion on why Game and Comic shop employees hate your guts. Plus, a PC game-buying tip!

(28:45) Divinity II: Dragon Knight Saga

(41:40) Zettai Hero Project

(52:45) Ys: The Oath in Felghana

(59:40) Puzzle Dimension

(1:06:05) Warhammer: Invasion

Talk to you again soon!

Just an aside-I forgot to mention on the podcast, but Puzzle Dimensions is basically like Roll Away (the old PS1 game) with really nice modern aesthetics and a nice soundtrack. So if you were a fan of that game, checking out the demo on Steam is a total no-brainer.

by the way, the divinity 2 expansion content is actually REALLY well done, like bioware level well done when it comes to amusing quest strategies and outcomes

Rufus

Puzzle Dimension is great, although the name itself is horribly generic. I finished it some time ago and even learned to not hate the invisible blocks. Having to drop down on one is still a bit of a dick move and I got stuck on the first puzzle that demands this, I think, but once you get it it's such a nice AHA
/son of a bitch
-moment that the frustration is quickly forgotten. Plays really well with a controller (360 pad at least), too.

Btw, Roll Away is also know as Kula World in Europe. I've yet to play that game, but I still remember the demo well, which is why I picked up Puzze Dimension in the first place.

Excellent podcast - I've been following it and it makes me sad I never followed the borecast :( it also makes me happy that I have a whole backlog of podcasts to shuffle through :)

Just wanted to say that who ever it was had some great comments on humor in games. He pretty much sold me on Hero Project. Now I love a good Prinny joke as much as the next guy but then you see Prinny 2: Etna's Panties!!! and you just have to roll your eyes.

Top Bottom