• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Pinball Announced for the XBLA/PSN (PR)

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
ZEN STUDIOS AND MARVEL ENTERTAINMENT SET TO UNLEASH MARVEL PINBALLTM ON XBOX LIVE®ARCADE AND PLAYSTATION®NETWORK

LOS ANGELES, CA 15/11/10--ZEN Studios and Marvel Entertainment are proud to announce Marvel Pinball, an epic collaboration combining the greatest comic book characters of all time with the definitive videogame pinball experience on PlayStation®Network and Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox®360 videogame and entertainment system from Microsoft. Use your pinball wizardry to help Iron Man, Spider-Man, Wolverine and Blade save the world from the most notorious Super Villains on four beautifully crafted pinball tables.

Marvel Pinball is the first expansion for Pinball FX 2 on Xbox LIVE Arcade, which released to rave reviews on October 27th, 2010, as part of Game Feast presented by Microsoft Game Studios, and it will be an entirely new game on PlayStation Network. Marvel Pinball consists of four Super Hero-themed pinball tables integrating artwork, themes and music inspired by the Marvel Universe.

15111006.jpg

“We are so honored to work with the greatest Super Heroes of all time, and have really focused our efforts into bringing each distinct personality to this one-of-a-kind pinball experience,” said Zsolt Kigyossy begin_of_the_skype_highlighting end_of_the_skype_highlighting, Managing Director for ZEN Studios. “You will find each Marvel Pinball table captures the essence of each Super Hero, creating a game that is an authentic Marvel experience. This is just the beginning of Marvel Pinball; you can count on more of your favorite Marvel heroes and villains to be making appearances in the near future.”

“With Marvel Pinball, ZEN Studios has created some truly excellent tables that not only demonstrate their expertise in creating an excellent pinball experience, but also their passion for Marvel and its characters,” said TQ Jefferson, Director of Games, Marvel Entertainment's Global Digital Media Group. “We look forward to working with ZEN for many more tables to come.”

Fans can expect Marvel Pinball to be released before the end of 2010. Visit the official Marvel Pinball website at www.marvelpinball.com.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
DMPrince said:
new game on psn? couldn't have been an add-on for Zen Pinball?

Disney/Marvel tax.

Actually, I'm surprised Disney is letting Marvel do this. What happened to the hate of DD from Disney?

bryehn

Ninja Scooter said:
Marvel sucks. Batman pinball please.

While Batman and to a lesser extent Superman ARE awesome, DC's lineup, especially when I was reading comics (the 80s and 90s) has always been inferior to Marvel's.

Aside: I saw that there is a Rocky and Bullwinkle table for Zen Pinball. Is that THE R&B table from the early 90s?

FoneBone

TheSeks said:
Disney/Marvel tax.

Actually, I'm surprised Disney is letting Marvel do this. What happened to the hate of DD from Disney?
For one thing, I think Marvel might still have some autonomy in licensing. For another, I'm pretty sure that there was never any basis to Disney "hating" DD. If you're talking about KH:BBS, I'm pretty sure that that had more to do with the specifics of Disney and Square Enix's licensing deal.

vazel

Banned
Haha awesome. :D Can't wait to play the Marvel themed tables Zen designs awesome playfields even though their ball physics are not good.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
bryehn said:
While Batman and to a lesser extent Superman ARE awesome, DC's lineup, especially when I was reading comics (the 80s and 90s) has always been inferior to Marvel's.

Aside: I saw that there is a Rocky and Bullwinkle table for Zen Pinball. Is that THE R&B table from the early 90s?

DC's universe is superior these days. It could just be the writing, but it's vastly superior.

Here's the full preview at the playstation blog. The blog has the trailer.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/11/15/make-mine-marvel-pinball/#more-40086

As I’ve mentioned, the four debut tables seen here are only the beginning. Marvel Pinball isn’t just a set of four tables – it’s a platform for many Marvel-related pinball tables to come. What’s next? Well, that’s something Zen wants you to help them decide between Captain America, Hulk, Fantastic Four and Ghost Rider. Go to MarvelPinball.com and cast your vote! Then, let us know which tables you want to see in the comments below…

This is cool too. I voted Captain America.

DMPrince said:
new game on psn? couldn't have been an add-on for Zen Pinball?

Pinball FX 2 uses an updated engine, so these tables aren't backwards compatible with FX1/Zen. Not sure why they aren't doing a Zen 2, though.

Enk

makes good threads.
Quick question since I've out of the loop on this: Have any of these pinball collections that have been coming out have a recreation of the Addams Family pinball machine? I so miss playing that.

Shard said:
“We are so honored to work with the greatest Super Heroes of all time, and have really focused our efforts into bringing each distinct personality to this one-of-a-kind pinball experience,” said Zsolt Kigyossy begin_of_the_skype_highlighting end_of_the_skype_highlighting, Managing Director for ZEN Studios.

Interesting job title that guy has.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
LOS ANGELES, CA 15/11/10--ZEN Studios and Marvel Entertainment are proud to announce Marvel Pinball, an epic collaboration combining the greatest comic book characters of all time with the definitive videogame pinball experience on PlayStation®Network and Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox®360 videogame and entertainment system from Microsoft.

how about no

Make me a Sandman Pinball and we'll talk.

Marvel sucks

Top Bottom