• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT| an Ode to the Automobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheSeks said:
If it is, I don't know the track name. Seems locked to me.
It must be.

I'm constantly amazed at how much shit seems to be locked away in this game. No way reviewers got to see all this shit.

Edit: NVM. I completely missed it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Tarazet said:
Circuit de la Sarthe. Come on, man.

Oh, that's the track? I figured it was, but there was no "Le Mahns" in the title so I wasn't sure. :lol

leehom said:
Thanks, I'll have it available to the next person in a few hours. Doing the level 22 race right now and it's going to take a hour for each one =/. Sorry i couldnt get online earlier, some reason i couldnt log into psn.

Make sure to do an oil change afterwards.

GAFTruck - The Gift that keeps on giving.

TheSeks

WTF you can't remove parts that have been upgraded from a car, seriously?

Shaneus

DoctorWho said:
Make sure to do an oil change afterwards.

GAFTruck - The Gift that keeps on giving.
Sucks there's no painting in GT5... could get everyone to sign it after they've completed the necessary tasks. Would look like the inside of a subway train in the 80s :lol

What's the truck need for anyway? I've done about half of the A license and haven't come across anything yet.

TheSeks said:
WTF you can't remove parts that have been upgraded from a car, seriously?

You can take out almost anything that you've put in. Just revert back to the standard parts.

Only thing you can't undo is the body rigidity upgrade.

Aselith

Anyone know a good resource for information on tuning your car? I'm not very knowledgeable about this stuff and I'd like to look into it. I think it'll help for B-spec.

TheSeks

mil6es said:
but you cant sell parts no

Which is what I was getting at. Why bother with the lower parts then? Just upgrade the 1/2/3 stuff and get the sports upgrades. :/

mil6es said:
but you cant sell parts no

No, can't sell the parts back.

Aeselith said:
Anyone know a good resource for information on tuning your car? I'm not very knowledgeable about this stuff and I'd like to look into it. I think it'll help for B-spec.

The help buttons in the individual tuning sections are fairly helpful.

Tarazet

Shaneus said:
Sucks there's no painting in GT5... could get everyone to sign it after they've completed the necessary tasks. Would look like the inside of a subway train in the 80s :lol

What's the truck need for anyway? I've done about half of the A license and haven't come across anything yet.

Sport truck race in Amateur. I used it for the Muscle Car Championship too in Professional, and it worked quite well there.

Error1355

LabouredSubterfuge said:
You can take out almost anything that you've put in. Just revert back to the standard parts.

Oh okay, so just I remember it.

I haven't tried to remove any upgrade yet so I didn't know. I'd be mad if I couldn't. I like fine tuning my HP for no good reason sometimes and running some practice laps. =p

mil6es

I've got a question for you guys, what do you think is gonna come from all these planned updates, in other words what can PD realistically change/improve from them?

mr_nothin

Banned
Raging Spaniard said:
Sooo is there car damage in this game? Really? I have premium cars, crash all opver the place and its all the good old Gran Turismo BONK noise and everything looks dandy.

Easily the biggest disappointment for me.
Yea there's damage but I'm disappointed by how they handled it. I dont really have too much of a problem with damage being unlocked as you go but it takes too long for it to happen (should have been within the 1st few levels). Having it as an option is optimal though. They also dont even let you know how "much" you've unlocked, you're basically going in blind. Then on top of that, you're not even sure which cars receive how much damage........if any at all. It's a big guessing game which could have been avoided. With this said, there is damage in the game but it takes too long to see anything visibly. I'm at level 20 now and I still dont have mechanical damage. I decided to take a brake from GT Mode and went to Arcade mode and picked a Rally car (the cars that are supposed to have the most damage). Went to Autumn Ring and had a smash session.

Here are the results:

I did a couple of small bumps at around 20-40 mph to see if any damage would occur at all and the hood inched it's way up for each bump. At 1st, almost every bump seemed to do some form of damage to the area being impacted. This is the type of damage I saw from that (this is after a few small bumps):

Front End

vOw3s.jpg

Back End (Only like 1 or 2 bumps). You can see that the side is also denting in and the bumper is coming detached.

FBQEH.jpg

e2Gr5.jpg

TOJZh.jpg

After some more crashing the hood inched up a lot more and started to crumple, the paint started to rub off, and the bumpers started to deform. Also did some side impacts and the
doors started to flap around:

rN1uC.jpg

MJeRt.jpg

cPaZi.jpg

ZUtSJ.jpg

After a few more crashes, the hood actually popped up and you could see the engine (wasnt that detailed though):

zpYBn.jpg

2wEit.jpg

GtPZq.jpg

KBrXl.jpg

Then I started to focus on the back end and the sides of the car to see if anything would
fall off and how bad the car would crumple. the trunk popped open and the doors came off:

v0Xrm.jpg

Kl4nP.jpg

ieERf.jpg

XBPLe.jpg

OCrvm.jpg

IGItm.jpg

klOFU.jpg

mil6es said:
I've got a question for you guys, what do you think is gonna come from all these planned updates, in other words what can PD realistically change/improve from them?

If Prologue is anything to go by then expect at least one new track, news cars, and various fixes to the framerate/tearing. However we already know that new Special Events will be coming through DLC. So you can expect that to.

DoctorWho said:
Playtime: 222 Days.

So what does that equal in real time?

Nothing really. Going into an event and quitting out immediately counts as a day. Anytime 6 new cars appear in the used car dealer, a day has passed.

sholmes

Neo Member
Guys, I just started up the game for tonight (I'm on level 10) and before I got to the main menu a message popped up that said something like "The following cars were gifted to you."

I clicked "Ok" on it before reading the whole thing because I wasn't really paying attention and assumed it was another HDD warning message or clock reset message.

If a car was gifted to me, there's nothing in my Car Delivery menu. Any ideas on what the message was for?

sholmes said:
Guys, I just started up the game for tonight (I'm on level 10) and before I got to the main menu a message popped up that said something like "The following cars were gifted to you."

I clicked "Ok" on it before reading the whole thing because I wasn't really paying attention and assumed it was another HDD warning message or clock reset message.

If a car was gifted to me, there's nothing in my Car Delivery menu. Any ideas on what the message was for?

Check the "community" area for gifts.

Anyone know why I can't sell my 66 Cobra? I won one, which I can't sell, ok, that makes sense... but the game wont let me sell the one I bought prior to getting that one, which doesn't.

I only have a "remove from garage" option when I try to sell it. =/

Edit - Ugh, I see they still have rally cars losing doors left right and centre. Stupidly unrealistic.

sholmes

Neo Member
Valkyr Junkie said:
Check the "community" area for gifts.
Thank you. I think I figured it out, though. I forgot I redeemed the Amazon promotional code yesterday for the SLS AMG and hadn't logged back in since. So, the car was new to my garage and probably triggered the message.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Made a GAF room since none are up apparently;

1472-6118-4130-9220-1204
or just look for NeoGAF with a Canadian flag in the room list.

Will be noob friendly, make sure you favorite karts and all your cars before you join.

Also, if you've never done online you can just type the number straight out, no need for dashes. Will be up for the next 3-4 hours.

leehom

Tarazet said:
Sport truck race in Amateur. I used it for the Muscle Car Championship too in Professional, and it worked quite well there.
That's the race I need it for, but by the time I was able to log into psn, I was already in a lv 22 Super GT? championship race.

abuC

I was just messing around with my Challenger, and for some reason I couldn't do a burnout, no matter what I did the car would never do it. I even set the brake balance to 0 for the back brakes and 10 for the front, whenever I held the brakes the car would just rev, no matter how light the brake pressure.

Grayman

abuC said:
I was just messing around with my Challenger, and for some reason I couldn't do a burnout, no matter what I did the car would never do it. I even set the brake balance to 0 for the back brakes and 10 for the front, whenever I held the brakes the car would just rev, no matter how light the brake pressure.
Start the tires spinning and then apply the brakes lightly.

leehom

My bad, I thought it was three consecutive races when they're individuals. Just started the truck races..and it's :lol imo. I'll be done in 30 minutes? Whoever needs it, quote me and I'll send it to you when my race is finished.

Tarazet

LabouredSubterfuge said:
What does the LSD do?

(No drug jokes please)

Limited-slip differential, it keeps the car from smoking a tire that has lost traction. It's somewhat like the way an all-wheel drive system works.

TTG

LabouredSubterfuge said:

I don't think you could undo the 3 stage engine upgrades either. Went a little overboard with the hp in my z06, had to go back to a stock exhaust, ecu and intake to keep it drivable(low 600s hp)

abuC

Grayman said:
Start the tires spinning and then apply the brakes lightly.

Did that, then again Im using a controller, so that might be part of the problem. Also, very strange is that the Challenger doesn't seem to have a lot of power off idle, even though the way it's set up it's a torque monster.

Tarazet said:
Limited-slip differential, it keeps the car from smoking a tire that has lost traction. It's somewhat like the way an all-wheel drive system works.

Valkyr Junkie said:
I'm not sure any Porsche in the 80s had LSD, but I at least figured RUFs would.

Ah, thanks guys. I will check it out but probably stay true to the original in the end. I also have no idea what settings to use. Car is a fucking beast :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom