• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT| an Ode to the Automobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusebox

Banned
Can I get on the reservation list for the GAF-truck! I must have checked the second hand store every hour on the hour since friday and the only truck I saw was that little 80HP Daihatsu thing.

edit - speak of the devil! :D

Tarazet

Fusebox said:
Can I get on the reservation list for the GAF-truck! I must have checked the second hand store every hour on the hour since friday and the only truck I saw was that little 80HP Daihatsu thing.

edit - speak of the devil! :D

I just went to the Dodge dealer and got a Ram. And now everyone in this thread has also driven it. :lol

Had no visits today, so i could finish the licenses.

I wanted to gold them all before actually starting the game, and i find it weird that you can´t do that. To reach the licenses that need level 12 and level 15 i had to race some special events for the XP.

Had to do Kart (first 2), Gordon (first 2) and AMG school (first event, 4 sectors but not the full lap).

After the licenses i´m now good to go to Sunday Cup:D

I liked the tests, i just didn´t liked some of the one lap battles because it forces you to play bumper cars and the game has a weird penalty system.

Hardest to gold for me were the 512BB Rome battle (took me a while to get used to the track), the Audi TT braking challenge (at least 20 minutes until i figure it out that 151kpm was the sweet spot) and the Alfa 8C one lapper (stupid ASM on).

I saw some people showboating their feats here, i believe it pisses off the guys who are still trying to gold. There´s nothing wrong with you thou, some tests are just really annoying to get it right. Persistence is key.

I can´t wait to start racing tomorrow. Just bought my classic 3000GT VR4 and this car is a classic to me. It was my money maker in GT1.

I know that the way sony handled the PR for this game made some reviews go sour, but whatever. I had some high expectation on this one, i was disappointed with some omissions, but damn, i love this game!

Thank you Kaz!

Now make me happy on the DLC/Updates:D

Yeah, I just looked it up, and even RUFs didn't have LSD back in the day. The suspension geometry on Porsches was usually so good they pulled positive even without it.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Conceited said:
Made a GAF room since none are up apparently;

1472-6118-4130-9220-1204
or just look for NeoGAF with a Canadian flag in the room list.

Will be noob friendly, make sure you favorite karts and all your cars before you join.

Also, if you've never done online you can just type the number straight out, no need for dashes. Will be up for the next 3-4 hours.

Edit: Room is down now

Juicy Bob

HATERS-GONNA-HATE.jpg

X-Frame

The PS3 GT Racing Wheel is going for $85 on Amazon .. I'm very tempted ..

Anyone with this wheel (not the G27) .. recommend it?

DEO3

lol at anyone who's put a review out for this game already.

I've had it for a week now and feel like I've only scratched the surface, I'm constantly bouncing around between special events, reading vehicle descriptions, golding licenses, watching GTTV, progressing through A-spec, taking photos, browsing for used cars... And still I feel like I've probably only seen 30-40% of the game.

Fusebox

Banned
Tarazet said:
I just went to the Dodge dealer and got a Ram. And now everyone in this thread has also driven it. :lol

I'm sure I checked my Dodge dealer a few times and he only had sports cars and Nascars. What level is your A-spec, maybe it needs to be unlocked?

X-Frame said:

Driving Force GT? Love it.

DEO3

X-Frame said:

That's the wheel most of us are using, and I'm pretty sure we'd all recommend it highly.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
X-Frame said:

Do it.

But...there's $13 shipping added to it. It's sold by a 3rd party.

Leunam

Is it at all possible to win one of the NASCAR cars from an event or something? I've gotten gold on all the beginner and intermediate events in the NASCAR school already. Haven't unlocked advanced yet.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
OMG my high level (5) AI driver gets first in the last two laps. SLAMS INTO THE MADRID REVERSE WALL, WAITS UNTIL ALL TRAFFIC PASSES AND THEN STAYS LAST.

*laughs through the tears* I think I've wasted 80K for nothing on this piece of shit '70's European car. FUCK EUROPE. ;___;

Leunam said:
Is it at all possible to win one of the NASCAR cars from an event or something? I've gotten gold on all the beginner and intermediate events in the NASCAR school already. Haven't unlocked advanced yet.
I'm pretty sure you need to be a certain level to unlock it. It should say the level right under it.

UFRA

DoctorWho said:
What level is your b-spec driver when you complete the Beginner races? Mine is at level 4 and racing like shit. He's only one three tournaments so far.

I won almost all of the Beginner B-Spec events with 1 driver. He went from 0 to 6 over the course of time, and then got tired so I got another driver who started at 0 and finished off the last 2 events.

Car choice is super important, but I also thing cool/hot rating has a lot to do with it. My first driver has a cool/hot rating right in the middle, while my second one has the rating almost all the way on the cool side. Both of them did great right from the start, considering the cars I give them.

For example, the level 0's first race tonight was with a 600HP+ Mercedes SLS AMG Stealth Edition race car lol. He slaughtered everyone in the FR Challenge.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Leunam said:
Who has the GAF-Truck? If no one has dibs I'd like to claim it next so I can get that event out of the way. I should only need it for one night after I get it. PSN ID: leunam23.
:lol So awesome to be able to do that. It sounds funny just to read this.

LCfiner

petethepanda said:
I managed to almost perfectly land a backflip driving into oncoming traffic at Daytona. :lol

I should note that I love the game, but this is just absurd and hilarious.

amazing landing.

I’ve always wondered how these sim games deal with the transition from real life physics to fantasy land physics. obviously it wants the car to get back on the wheels so it can revert to something familiar but the way it gets there is just crazy.

and since everyone is speaking of trucks, I turned on my PS3 and, BAM, SVT lighting 03 was in the used lot. bumped up the hp to 490, put on some racing tires and I ran away with the truck challenge by a mile.

TheSeks

Yeah, I think I'm done Attempting with this Autobianchi A112 Abarth '79. POS car can't do anything worth a damn after 80K in upgrades.

So, what is the next best 70's or earlier car to take on the Europe Classic B-Spec championship?

Tarazet

Fusebox said:
I'm sure I checked my Dodge dealer a few times and he only had sports cars and Nascars. What level is your A-spec, maybe it needs to be unlocked?

Oh wait, I remember now. The Ram was a prize car for getting all bronze in IA licenses. That's probably why someone early in the game wouldn't be able to find it.

So, what is the next best 70's or earlier car to take on the Europe Classic B-Spec championship?

Lambo Countach is great great great. Just cleared the Expert-level MR Sports Cup with mine. They're slightly hard to find but worth every penny.

LCfiner

TheSeks said:
Yeah, I think I'm done Attempting with this Autobianchi A112 Abarth '79. POS car can't do anything worth a damn after 80K in upgrades.

512BB.

but I had used an old Mitsubishi Gallant from 1969, I think. had to mod it all to hell. I’d say the 512BB is a better choice as it can be used elsewhere

Fusebox

Banned
Tarazet said:
Oh wait, I remember now. The Ram was a prize car for getting all bronze in IA licenses. That's probably why someone early in the game wouldn't be able to find it.

Nice tip, thx man. Had been putting off IA but now I have a reason.

TheSeks

LCfiner said:
512BB.

but I had used an old Mitsubishi Gallant from 1969, I think. had to mod it all to hell. I’d say the 512BB is a better choice as it can be used elsewhere

I'll be on the look out for it, then.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
LOL I didn't know Trucks were that rare. I bought a Chevy SSR from the Used list. I also won a Dodge Ram (which I sold)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom