• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT| an Ode to the Automobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, I pull up the create a driver screen to make my second B-Spec racer and the first thing that comes out is the name F. Lombardi with a hot-headed personality and blue clothing. Perfect.

C'mon F. McCloud for the next one. :lol

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Finally, dunno if it's a placebo, but 720p + the 'sharpen' effect on in the options blows the 1080p mode out the water. The game looks crisp and fairly jaggy-free in this mode, and that's on a 22" 1080p PC monitor.

This is definitely the way to go.

My 720p 50" plasma in 720p with "sharpen" on was much better than my 1080p 32" LCD in 1080p with "sharpen" on or off

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
donkey show said:
LOL, I pull up the create a driver screen to make my second B-Spec racer and the first thing that comes out is the name F. Lombardi with a hot-headed personality and blue clothing. Perfect.

C'mon F. McCloud for the next one. :lol
:lol

Blame!

MikeE21286 said:
This is definitely the way to go.

My 720p 50" plasma in 720p with "sharpen" on was much better than my 1080p 32" LCD in 1080p with "sharpen" on or off

where do you guys change the resolution of the game? in GT5 or on the ps3?

Blame! said:
where do you guys change the resolution of the game? in GT5 or on the ps3?

You have to change it on the PS3 under the Display Settings. GT5 uses the PS3 Display Settings Resolution, and won't allow it to be changed.

Grayman

donkey show said:
Zombie Jeff Gordon is going to visit you in your sleep.
I will prepare my zombie kit, wait half an hour and try the ps3 again, then smash it with a hammer when i eventually find out sony won't fix it for free.

TTG

Damn, the Murci SV understeers everywhere. I'm gonna need to find a tune or something to balance it out. Wouldn't want to ruin a gorgeous car like that.

Salacious Crumb

I'm going out for the night very shortly and it doesn't seem like lion heart is around atm so if anyone wants the dodge ram send a request to salaciouscrumb_ first come first served but I'll only be around for 10 more mins.

Valkyr Junkie said:
Yeah, I just looked it up, and even RUFs didn't have LSD back in the day. The suspension geometry on Porsches was usually so good they pulled positive even without it.

I gave it a shot and it's too good to not use it. Had to tone it all the way down because the understeer totally crippled the soul of the car but now it's pretty much perfect and I'm getting much more consistent lap times. And more skid marks :D

L3hyhl.jpg

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Starting the Level 18 a-spec Japan championship while half sleep was a really bad idea. Took for ever till I beat it and by mid way I was almost half sleep. Got gold/first overall though and a crappy ass Gran Turismo 350Z I think...was expecting something better since my gtr absolutely shits on that car. Time to pass out now.

Tarazet

Rallying with a Lotus Elise is a match made in heaven. Great power to weight ratio, and it doesn't matter that it won't go in a straight line because you're sideways most of the time anyway!

hamchan

Kaako said:
Starting the Level 18 a-spec Japan championship while half sleep was a really bad idea. Took for ever till I beat it and by mid way I was almost half sleep. Got gold/first overall though and a crappy ass Gran Turismo 350Z I think...was expecting something better since my gtr absolutely shits on that car. Time to pass out now.
With the default soundtrack I always fall asleep halfway through a race. Changed to a custom soundtrack consisting of eurobeat and now I can race the whole night long.

Mush

Man, golding the Intermediate AMG full lap challenge will be the end of me. I just know it. 5+ hours spent and counting.

Tarazet

Is there anything affordable that will win the Historic Racing Car Cup? All of the cars in the series are 20 million credits, and I'm not going to be able to swing that for a while yet. I have a sneaking suspicion that very few people have been able to finish this one..

I tried it with my Countach and got blown off the track.

I just completed the gran turismo world championship, but I didn't click on championship, instead i don the races one by one, which I won all.Once I finished them i didn't win any price, and didn't receive a cup medal.

Do I have to click on championship and do them one after each other without quiting to complete the event?

Meh, sif i'm going through them all at once.You have to do many laps on some of them, and there's the nurburgring as well.I should be able to continue off from where I retire from.

Sew

flipswitch said:
Meh, sif i'm going through them all at once.You have to do many laps on some of them, and there's the nurburgring as well.I should be able to continue off from where I retire from.
Hello Gran Turismo. :D

TTG

Took the 3 cars I've spent some real money on to practice around Laguna Seca. Here's how they stack up:
GTR - 1.32.862 (644hp, 1426kg)
Murcielago LP670 SV - 1.33.881 (BONE STOCK! 678hp, 1565kg)
Corvette Z06 - 1.36.334 (607hp, 1240kg, limited slip diff)

All done without any kind of tune(waiting for someone to post a good tune...) and on sports tires. Vette was really struggling to put the power down because of the street tires, lsd prevents about 6/10 spins but doesn't do much for driving efficiently. GTR was the real star, took me like 5 laps to set that time. Murci is plagued by understeer, lots of trail braking to rotate the car. I'm sort of used to the noob way of full brakes early and then powering out of the corner, lambo doesn't like that at all. I can also feel the weight of it getting in the way. First turn on the track is a left at the top of a crest, GTR and the Corvette are perfectly fine there, with the lambo you have to lift or run a fairly big risk of going off track. Same thing when braking from 130mph+ down to a slow corner, it gets unstable as the momentum just hurls it into the corner in a straight line but at all sorts of weird angles.

ChryZ said:
That fucking Elise challenge on the Top Gear track. I only managed 4th place so far. I just lowered TCS to 1, all other settings on default. My lap time was usually 1m30s which is 5 seconds faster than the official power lap time: http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/powerlaps.shtml

I absolutely hate this challenge. Despite all advice i still can't handle it. It handles like a turd :( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0z8EhwUhjc&feature=related <- somebody getting it done...

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
GroteSmurf said:
I absolutely hate this challenge. Despite all advice i still can't handle it. It handles like a turd :(
It took me 3 hours but I fnally got bronze... and this has bee n my favorite moment on GT5 so far :)

What made me get it is to start learning how to handle turns without breaking much: start leaving your car drifting, and then only progressively slow down. You'll have much more control on your car this way.

Basically, this event learnt me how to drift and how to attack turns with high speed :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom