• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Psychotext
Member
(11-22-2010, 05:03 PM)
Psychotext's Avatar

Originally Posted by dark10x

Alright, so how many standard tracks are there and how many premium? The standard tracks look awful.

I don't think they are any "standard" tracks are there?
gundamkyoukai
Member
(11-22-2010, 05:04 PM)
gundamkyoukai's Avatar

Originally Posted by dark10x

Alright, so how many standard tracks are there and how many premium? The standard tracks look awful.

There no standard and premium tracks some places just look better than others .
CozMick
Member
(11-22-2010, 05:05 PM)
CozMick's Avatar

Originally Posted by gbovo

You played Prologue screenshots in your TV?

So GT5 doesn't look this jaggie in-game (in motion)?
Always-honest
always-end-with-a-swirl
(11-22-2010, 05:08 PM)
Always-honest's Avatar

Originally Posted by G Rom

Where did you find this screen grab Noisepurge ? (we didn't grabbed it so I'm curious)

To those having doubts about the way the game will "truly" look on their TV, do as others said. Put our videos on a USB stick or stream them to your console. That's pretty much what you would see if the game was running on your TV (ie : pure awesomeness).

Yeah, not sure how to explain, but the more realistic games get, the more jaggies seem to bother me. In the end, it won't make me enjoy the gameplay less in the end, but i do hate seeing those little fuckers. Everybody can think of it what they want, but i just can't stand them :P.

Now on CARS, they are extra visibel imo. The last time trial demo i played was very smooth imo. But these videos on taxtigamer (downloaded) show that all the edges and all the shadows are very jaggy. Some shadows even flickr all over the place.

This is not critique on the gameplay, which undoubtly is the best sim racer out there, but i AM kinda dissapointed to see the jaggies and shadws ruining the great crafted car models. If they had better AA the cars would look real-life almost. But maybe this gen (well, not maybe...) is not up to that task. I still wonder how much difference there is when you play the game at 720P with 4xAA and temproral AA compared to 1080P with 2x AA and no temporal AA (or with)
Melville
Member
(11-22-2010, 05:10 PM)
Melville's Avatar
Some pics of my current best car

[IMG]http://i53.************/wtg47t.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i53.************/2yod6ox.jpg[/IMG]

1080 pics:
http://i52.************/28smybb.jpg
http://i55.************/2vxjgw3.jpg
eso76
(11-22-2010, 05:10 PM)
eso76's Avatar

Originally Posted by -viper-

Race cars are bound to look shitty thanks to the crappy textures.

At least normal cars can still benefit....

...yeah !




they should still be almost alright from a distance. A huge distance.
gbovo
Member
(11-22-2010, 05:11 PM)
gbovo's Avatar

Originally Posted by CozMick

So GT5 doesn't look this jaggie in-game (in motion)?

No.
jett
Member
(11-22-2010, 05:14 PM)
jett's Avatar

Originally Posted by eso76

...yeah !

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/gaH9J.jpg[IMG]


they should still be almost alright from a distance. A huge distance.

PjotrStroganov
Member
(11-22-2010, 05:15 PM)
PjotrStroganov's Avatar

Originally Posted by jett

Try fooling someone else.:lol
Ploid 3.0
Member
(11-22-2010, 05:17 PM)
Ploid 3.0's Avatar

Originally Posted by eso76

...yeah !




they should still be almost alright from a distance. A huge distance.

Wasn't this some LOD glitch? I doubt that car looked that angular in GT4. I'm pretty sure it didn't, because that windshield area is pretty bad for even GT3.
blu
Member
(11-22-2010, 05:20 PM)
blu's Avatar

Originally Posted by jakonovski

Photo mode dude. PC could run that in real time if they had a car porn dev house like PD.

No, not really.
Az
Member
(11-22-2010, 05:22 PM)
Az's Avatar
I swear if I see that shitty picture again...
dark10x
60 fps 60 fps 60 fps 60 fps 30 fps 60 fps 60 fps 30 fps
(11-22-2010, 05:23 PM)
dark10x's Avatar

Originally Posted by gundamkyoukai

There no standard and premium tracks some places just look better than others .

Really? Man, some of those tracks barely look better than GT4. This has to be the most uneven looking game I've seen in a long time. Some assets are among the most detailed I've seen in any game to date while others look like something from the PS2 era.
eso76
(11-22-2010, 05:24 PM)
eso76's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ploid 3.0

Wasn't this some LOD glitch? I doubt that car looked that angular in GT4. I'm pretty sure it didn't, because that windshield area is pretty bad for even GT3.

i thought so too, i don't remember wheels placements (?) being just alpha textures in GT games post PsOne.
Baby Milo
Member
(11-22-2010, 05:25 PM)
Baby Milo's Avatar

Originally Posted by eso76

...yeah !




they should still be almost alright from a distance. A huge distance.

the dude who posted this pic has posted others of the same car where it look great and said it looks fine

why do we keep coming back to this?
ToD_
Member
(11-22-2010, 05:28 PM)
ToD_'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Baby Milo

why do we keep coming back to this?

I think we want to read into as much negatives as possible so we can be blown away on Wednesday ;)
jakonovski
Member
(11-22-2010, 05:30 PM)
jakonovski's Avatar

Originally Posted by blu

No, not really.

Well in WQXGA at least.
Loudninja
No oxygen in space?
How does the sun burn?
Food for thought.
(11-22-2010, 05:30 PM)
Loudninja's Avatar

Originally Posted by dark10x

Really? Man, some of those tracks barely look better than GT4. This has to be the most uneven looking game I've seen in a long time. Some assets are among the most detailed I've seen in any game to date while others look like something from the PS2 era.

Sorry but that's such bs.
dark10x
60 fps 60 fps 60 fps 60 fps 30 fps 60 fps 60 fps 30 fps
(11-22-2010, 05:38 PM)
dark10x's Avatar

Originally Posted by Loudninja

Sorry but that's such bs.

What's bs? The fact that some tracks look like a PS2 game?

They absolutely do. I wish that were not the case, but some of the environments in these shots are ugly.
Metalmurphy
Banned
(11-22-2010, 05:39 PM)
Metalmurphy's Avatar

Originally Posted by dark10x

What's bs? The fact that some tracks look like a PS2 game?

They absolutely do. I wish that were not the case, but some of the environments in these shots are ugly.

Yeah... you should boot up GT4 again...
eso76
(11-22-2010, 05:42 PM)
eso76's Avatar

Originally Posted by Baby Milo

the dude who posted this pic has posted others of the same car where it look great and said it looks fine

why do we keep coming back to this?

nah, that was just a joke, i hadn't seen the other pics nor read the discussion, but i know GT4 models looked much better than this.
Always-honest
always-end-with-a-swirl
(11-22-2010, 05:46 PM)
Always-honest's Avatar

Originally Posted by gbovo

No.

so what's wrong with these videos (download high quality)?
http://www.taxigamer.com/
-viper-
Banned
(11-22-2010, 05:49 PM)

GT4 photomode shot.

Why do the cars look horrendous in GT5? They seem to look better in GT4.
dalin80
Member
(11-22-2010, 05:54 PM)
dalin80's Avatar

Originally Posted by Loudninja

Sorry but that's such bs.


What we have seen from autumn ring shots so far look like it has been not only copy and pasted from GT4 but doesn't have any of the AA either.
G Rom
Member
(11-22-2010, 05:59 PM)
G Rom's Avatar

Originally Posted by Always-honest

so what's wrong with these videos (download high quality)?
http://www.taxigamer.com/

There's nothing wrong with our videos. That's what the game look like. Every game will look worse if you look at gameplay videos on your PC rather than on your TV, it's not a GT5 thing...
ToD_
Member
(11-22-2010, 06:04 PM)
ToD_'s Avatar

Originally Posted by G Rom

There's nothing wrong with our videos. That's what the game look like. Every game will look worse if you look at gameplay videos on your PC rather than on your TV, it's not a GT5 thing...

Finally I see a website that shows direct feed footage and shots taken with great capturing hardware/software at their native resolution and framerate. And yet people seem unable to accept this. Please don't let this bring you down G Rom! You have one fan, lol
Philanthropist
Banned
(11-22-2010, 06:05 PM)
Philanthropist's Avatar

Originally Posted by eso76

...yeah !



they should still be almost alright from a distance. A huge distance.

A LOD issue/bug?
Ranger X
Kohler: 1, Ranger X: 0

PS: Itoi > Kojima by a good green country mile
(11-22-2010, 06:08 PM)
Ranger X's Avatar
Jesus Christ people. This is a close up on a GT4 or maybe even GT3 car.

Get over it, Standard Cars in GT5 looks TONS better than this. Also remember they are UPGRADED GT4 models. This means it's not even just a GT4 copy-paste.
jakonovski
Member
(11-22-2010, 06:16 PM)
jakonovski's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ranger X

Jesus Christ people. This is a close up on a GT4 or maybe even GT3 car.

Get over it, Standard Cars in GT5 looks TONS better than this. Also remember they are UPGRADED GT4 models. This means it's not even just a GT4 copy-paste.

[IMG]http://i56.************/263hg6t.jpg[/IMG]

It's just so heartbreaking to see the effects of overblown hype colliding with reality.
test_account
XP-39Cē
(11-22-2010, 06:20 PM)
test_account's Avatar

Originally Posted by -viper-

http://www.gulfoil.com/files/downloads/IMG001.jpg
GT4 photomode shot.

Why do the cars look horrendous in GT5? They seem to look better in GT4.

I guess it depends on which angle the pictures are taken from etc.
Metalmurphy
Banned
(11-22-2010, 06:22 PM)
Metalmurphy's Avatar

Originally Posted by jakonovski

[]http://i56.************/263hg6t.jpg[/IMG]

It's just so heartbreaking to see the effects of overblown hype colliding with reality.

It's heartbreaking to see a thread dedicated to the Photo Mode ruined by trolls, direct feed shots of gameplay, screen grabs of youtube videos, zoomed in shots of standard cars taken with a crappy camera, etc, etc, etc.

This thread is pretty much ruined at this point.
LiquidMetal14
hide your water-based mammals
(11-22-2010, 06:23 PM)
LiquidMetal14's Avatar

Originally Posted by jakonovski

[IMG]http://i56.************/263hg6t.jpg[/IMG]

It's just so heartbreaking to see the effects of overblown hype colliding with reality.

Overblown hype? It's justified but countered with stupid nitpicks. This is the worst gen for being able to enjoy games without the internet nitpicking it to hell.
LiquidMetal14
hide your water-based mammals
(11-22-2010, 06:24 PM)
LiquidMetal14's Avatar
I'm updating the OP with some basic rules on fair weather fans and some basic trolling. Come on guys, get a grip.
Baby Milo
Member
(11-22-2010, 06:25 PM)
Baby Milo's Avatar

Originally Posted by -viper-

Why do the cars look horrendous in GT5? They seem to look better in GT4.

:lol im done with GT5 threads
Az
Member
(11-22-2010, 06:28 PM)
Az's Avatar
Ok that's it, see ya guys.
ToD_
Member
(11-22-2010, 06:32 PM)
ToD_'s Avatar

Originally Posted by LiquidMetal14

Overblown hype? It's justified but countered with stupid nitpicks. This is the worst gen for being able to enjoy games without the internet nitpicking it to hell.

Agreed. I can be quite picky about image quality, but I'll never let it bring down my opinion of the overall picture. Yes, this game has flaws, but overall it's a stunning looking game! I'm sure by the time everyone gets their hands on the game they'll be able to see it for themselves.
LiquidMetal14
hide your water-based mammals
(11-22-2010, 06:34 PM)
LiquidMetal14's Avatar
THIS IS THE GT5 PHOTO MODE THREAD. Leave anything GT4 related out. And please reserve judgement until you have the game in your hands. Then feel free to nitpick the small details while we all enjoy the hell out of the game.

Again, stay on track. DO NOT POST REPETITIVE shots like the one we've seen for days now. Move on. We know that is not representative of what the game an cars actually look like IN GAME.
Philanthropist
Banned
(11-22-2010, 06:38 PM)
Philanthropist's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ranger X

Jesus Christ people. This is a close up on a GT4 or maybe even GT3 car.

Get over it, Standard Cars in GT5 looks TONS better than this. Also remember they are UPGRADED GT4 models. This means it's not even just a GT4 copy-paste.

Easy there. The cars in the controversial shots seem like they're the lowest detail version of the LOD scale, that is, models that shouldn't be noticeable anywhere close to the player. People are freaking out over a bug or something similar.
AndyD
aka andydumi
(11-22-2010, 06:38 PM)
AndyD's Avatar

Originally Posted by Baby Milo

:lol im done with GT5 threads

Thats what the ignore button is for. I added about a dozen people in the past few days and Ill take them off in a few weeks when cooler heads prevail. Threads are perfectly enjoyable now.
rocksteady1983
Member
(11-22-2010, 06:39 PM)
rocksteady1983's Avatar
Quick question for those who have the game, or just know the answer:

Are we able to take shots from angles featured in replays? Such as ariel shots and shots that are outside the course that are seen in replays? I sure hope so. Replay angles sometime have an amazing view you just cant capture in free-roam, depending on how strict it is of course.
Kagari
Super Mode
(11-22-2010, 06:40 PM)
Kagari's Avatar
Guys, can we please stop nitpicking. This is the wrong thread for that. Post photos and be happy. Otherwise I will not be happy.
jakonovski
Member
(11-22-2010, 06:43 PM)
jakonovski's Avatar

Originally Posted by Metalmurphy

It's heartbreaking to see a thread dedicated to the Photo Mode ruined by trolls, direct feed shots of gameplay, screen grabs of youtube videos, zoomed in shots of standard cars taken with a crappy camera, etc, etc, etc.

This thread is pretty much ruined at this point.

Eh, the game's not even out yet. I'd happily be snapping photos but I can't.
AndyD
aka andydumi
(11-22-2010, 06:56 PM)
AndyD's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kagari

Guys, can we please stop nitpicking. This is the wrong thread for that. Post photos and be happy. Otherwise I will not be happy.

Is there a way to clean the thread of all non GT5 posting?
ToD_
Member
(11-22-2010, 06:58 PM)
ToD_'s Avatar

Originally Posted by AndyD

Is there a way to clean the thread of all non GT5 posting?

I think we can get this thread back on track if we just stick with posting pictures from now on (showing off nice cars, that is). I'd gladly help out with that but don't have to game yet, and am stuck at work ( :( ).
Kagari
Super Mode
(11-22-2010, 07:04 PM)
Kagari's Avatar

Originally Posted by AndyD

Is there a way to clean the thread of all non GT5 posting?

Technically I could delete all the offending posts but since we're almost to another page I'll just let them be as long as the thread doesn't derail again.
androvsky
Member
(11-22-2010, 07:05 PM)
androvsky's Avatar
Okay, to sorta help get back on track, can you output photos from photomode directly to PNG or raw formats, or is it just JPG? I've been trying to keep an eye on the tread, and I don't think it's been mentioned yet.
Metalmurphy
Banned
(11-22-2010, 07:10 PM)
Metalmurphy's Avatar

Originally Posted by androvsky

Okay, to sorta help get back on track, can you output photos from photomode directly to PNG or raw formats, or is it just JPG? I've been trying to keep an eye on the tread, and I don't think it's been mentioned yet.

I'd be interested in knowing this as well.
CozMick
Member
(11-22-2010, 07:11 PM)
CozMick's Avatar

Originally Posted by androvsky

Okay, to sorta help get back on track, can you output photos from photomode directly to PNG or raw formats, or is it just JPG? I've been trying to keep an eye on the tread, and I don't think it's been mentioned yet.

In the GS "preview" it was shown that JPEG and 3D Stereoscopic were the only options.
LiquidMetal14
hide your water-based mammals
(11-22-2010, 07:12 PM)
LiquidMetal14's Avatar

Originally Posted by androvsky

Okay, to sorta help get back on track, can you output photos from photomode directly to PNG or raw formats, or is it just JPG? I've been trying to keep an eye on the tread, and I don't think it's been mentioned yet.

It's not in the OP because I don't know yet unfortunately. More will come to light once I have the game and others dissect it as well. For the future, I would appreciate some help with identifying changes so I can add them to the OP.
Always-honest
always-end-with-a-swirl
(11-22-2010, 07:13 PM)
Always-honest's Avatar

Originally Posted by G Rom

There's nothing wrong with our videos. That's what the game look like. Every game will look worse if you look at gameplay videos on your PC rather than on your TV, it's not a GT5 thing...

i know. Gbove is saying flat out that there are no jaggies visible in the game. That's nonsense cause you can very clearly see them in your videos

Thread Tools