• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kain and Raziel playable in Guardian of Light.

So, someone's gone exploring in the PC version of Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, and found the hidden character packs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNcPa8ZrFHo (watch with the mute on for reduced voice confusion, trust me on this).

kainraz1.jpg

kainraz2.jpg

kainraz3.jpg

kainraz4.jpg

kainraz6.jpg

kainraz5.jpg

Its nice to see Crystal Dynamics dust off their best characters again, its a shame they couldn't mute the contrasting voices though and just have them playing together silently.

(Oh, there's also another pack for some other people who have probably been in a game or something).

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I guess that's cool if you're fine with them sounding like Lara Croft and Minsc. :\

Curufinwe

That's really cool. Shame they couldn't have got some Square-Enix characters in there instead of Kane & Lynch, though.

Lyphen said:
I guess that's cool if you're fine with them sounding like Lara Croft and Minsc. :\

That's what the mute button is for I think.

Dizzy-4U said:
Kain looks so happy in the last pic.

He's just happy to be in some form of video game after seven years, let him have his moment.

Why would anyone want to play as Kane and Lynch in this.
Curufinwe said:
That's really cool. Shame they couldn't have got some Square-Enix characters in there instead of Kane & Lynch, though.
Kain and Lightning would work pretty well in this if they could use SE characters.

gogojira

Kain's smile looks hilarious in the video, too.

Cool stuff, though it is odd with the whole voices thing. Is this an actual planned download pack? Maybe they'll do something about it before it releases.

Really though, this mostly just makes me want another Soul Reaver.

Neuromancer said:
That is pretty fucking badass. Raziel was awesome character design incarnate.
Agreed, though for some reason I'm thinking people would call it an "emo vampire" or even "generic" if it was a new design shown today.

I can only hope this means they want to make younger gamers aware of the characters in some way before bringing back the IP. *crosses fingers*

Majmun

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver is still my favorite game ever. Seeing more Raziel and Kain makes me feel warm inside.

Mad_Ban

Awesome. They've been in stasis for too long. :D

Also they look exactly like the same character models from Defiance (no upgrade).

Pydte

Cool, Kain and Raziel fit in well with the setting. Kane & Lynch on the other hand...

I wonder how many MS points this will set me back?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
lol @ Kane with Lara's voice. I wonder if they plan to release these as DLC with proper VA?

FunkyPajamas said:
Agreed, though for some reason I'm thinking people would call it an "emo vampire" or even "generic" if it was a new design shown today.
Well you can't stop people from being stupid unfortunately.

I can only hope this means they want to make younger gamers aware of the characters in some way before bringing back the IP. *crosses fingers*
I'm ready for Soul Reaver 2 3!

Skilletor

This is AWESOME and, also, means they haven't forgotten about them! :D

I realize I am a bad person for not purchasing this game already.

Wraith RazieL

Neo Member
This gives me hope that they have not yet been buried and will someday come back to the masses. I would love to see at least one of them this gen....

I'll take anything Legacy of Kain related at this point. Make Defiance 2 for XBLA/PSN/Steam and I'll buy three copies.

also, need Deus Ex character pack. JC and Paul Denton tearing shit up!

Lumine

That looks terrible! :lol

...Now I kinda wish they made the game about Kain and Raziel from the ground up. Replace the spear with the soul reaver, turn the game darker and bloodier and replace the cutscenes with Kain and Raziel arguing about the philosphical meaning of their existence. Ah well...

Feorax

Pretty awesome.

Sadly, don't think this will lead to anything. It's a bit like the Razielim symbol in TR: Anniversary.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I remember this being mentioned awhile back, but I thought that by Kain they meant Kane, the weirdo guy from the Kane & Lynch games. That would have been an odd pairing I guess.

Top Bottom