• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS reserves start December 26th.

wwm0nkey

Guys just so you know here is how the reserve system works if we dont have enough copies.

Here is the scenario

We get 5 3DS's in but we have 15 pre-orders.
#'s 1-4 pick theirs up but #5 doesn't with in the 48 hour period, then it moves on to #6 and so on.

Honestly to sooner you reserve it at GS the better. Also with Amazon you wont be getting it till Monday :D

atomsk

Party Pooper
They had to look up the email for the sku and write it down, so I was the first person to come in and ask about it :lol

Managed to get it done before this stupid east coast snow storm hits jersey

lachesis

I just called another gamestop in Edgewater NJ.

They still were not sure of when they'll take preorders, just like my local Englewood NJ GS that I went this morning and said they'll probably take pre-orders tomorrow.

Envy those who were able to snatch one up today... :(

Grok4Spock

I just got back from my GS and surprise surprise the manager knew nothing about it... Well now the secret is out and I'm #1 in that store... Thanks go to the OP and any other GS employees in the know... :D

suaveric

I'm number 1 in my local store as well. They were surprised I already had heard the news :D

They already had an email printed out with info on how to do the preorder, so people having trouble with their store not taking them should ask them to check the store email system.

Grok4Spock said:
I just got back from my GS and surprise surprise the manager knew nothing about it... Well now the secret is out and I'm #1 in that store... Thanks go to the OP and any other GS employees in the know... :D
yeah. thanks guys. now we just need a price and a release date, but i think we're only a couple of weeks away from those :)

knowing i'm a lock for day one is what i wanted.

wwm0nkey said:
Guys just so you know here is how the reserve system works if we dont have enough copies.

Here is the scenario

We get 5 3DS's in but we have 15 pre-orders.
#'s 1-4 pick theirs up but #5 doesn't with in the 48 hour period, then it moves on to #6 and so on.

Honestly to sooner you reserve it at GS the better. Also with Amazon you wont be getting it till Monday :D

How will it work with the multiple colors though? Will I need to go get there when they open the day after the conference to ensure that I am still near the top of the list when the actual sku's are loaded?

outunderthestars said:
How will it work with the multiple colors though? Will I need to go get there when they open the day after the conference to ensure that I am still near the top of the list when the actual sku's are loaded?
i'm sure that something will be worked out, but i'd try and make your colour choice known to the store asap once we know what the colours are.

i know my store, so i also know they won't forget that i was number one.

i am excited to see the colour options :)

Grok4Spock

Forgot to mention the funny (at least to me) part was that after I mentioned it and the manager looked it up, he printed out a barcode with the presell SKU and wrote on the sticker what it was for... :lol

Xater

outunderthestars said:

I am not from the US, but wouldn't a call be enough to just tell them the color you want?

plagiarize said:
i'm sure that something will be worked out, but i'd try and make your colour choice known to the store asap once we know what the colours are.

i know my store, so i also know they won't forget that i was number one.

i am excited to see the colour options :)

Me too. I am going portable only this year and am ready for some new systems. Really excited to see the PSP 2 whenever they get around to sowing that thing off as well.

So if anyone had to guess should I buy an extra one for E-bay and make some money in the first month?
Or do you guys think that the hype is not going wii style again and I maybe only get like + 20 euro/dollar more for it?

Just guessing I understand, but I would like to know.

The Dutch Slayer said:
So if anyone had to guess should I buy an extra one for E-bay and make some money in the first month?
Or do you guys think that the hype is not going wii style again and I maybe only get like + 20 euro/dollar more for it?

Just guessing I understand, but I would like to know.

You could always buy one and then just return it if demand isn't as high as you would like it to be.

I'm not going to pre-order I may even wait 6 months after launch to think about it.
But if the hype gets to me I really hope its not hard to find

I'm thinking 3DS Lite after Nintendo sees PSP2

The Dutch Slayer said:
Sure or just sell it with out any profit but just wanted to know some inside that is all :).
right now we know nothing of allocations. demand is going to be high, but how much you can get for a resale is going to be dictated by allocation.

but yeah, if you don't mind sinking money into one for a short while you can always return it unopened for a full refund.

plagiarize said:
right now we know nothing of allocations. demand is going to be high, but how much you can get for a resale is going to be dictated by allocation.

but yeah, if you don't mind sinking money into one for a short while you can always return it unopened for a full refund.
defiantly going to leave it sealed and just hope for the best, going to pre-order a 2nd one this week.
I could have had 2 wii's at launch and I blew it because of a stupid mistake back than, not going to let that one slip trough my fingers again.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
God damn it. Won't be able to get down to a gamestop for another 3 hours. They've already been open for an hour and a half here. Don't want to be too far down the list... FFFFFFF

Scarecrow

Think I'm #1 at my store. There seemed to be confusion all around, so it looks like I'm the first person they've had to deal with the issue today.

Luigi87

As I pre-ordered over a month ago here in the Great White North, and the SKU is different than what GameStop US has, I certainly hope this doesn't cause me a problem...

woo, got mine

$50 down. thought it'd be $25 but oh well.

they said as soon as they learn the available colors, they'll call everyone and switch it over the phone

mjc

Holy hell, this was a messed up morning.

1. I went to my usual GS, closest to my house at 8:30. The clerks say that they have games open for reserve but not the system. I leave as a shell of a man.

2. I call up another GS about 15ish minutes further out and they were taking reserves. I drive out there and reserve it.

3. When I'm close to home I get a call from the first GS I stopped at saying that I can come back and reserve it since their system updated.

4. I go to said GS and reserve, and I'm the first one at that store to do it. (I guess?)

5. I drive out back to the farther away GS and cancel my preorder there. Dudes are like WTF?!?

6. I come home after spending two hours goose-chasing this damn preorder. I just hope my reserve isn't messed up at the first store because of all this switcheroo.

Amir0x

Banned
perfectchaos007 said:
Sounds like the DS's 2004 launch here in America. 1 flagship N64 title and a few third party games. That was the launch

Yeah. It doesn't surprise me or anything. All launches suck for every platform.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
People shouldn't be too concerned if they cant get a pre-order in today. The seemingly bottemless pre-orders for the Wii were a result of mass market hype and acceptance. As some others have stated, the 3DS may be open for pre-order today, but the mass market wont be all that aware of the system yet.

When Nintendo start pushing it hard with a price, colours, and all that jazz, then pre-orders will explode. For the time being everybody planning to pre-order soonish should very easily get their deposit down on a launch system.

Sanchito

Walked right in and reserved mine this morning. Traded in one of my DSi's and got the extra $25 on hardware trades. Thanks to the OP for the heads up on them starting taking pre orders today. They sure as shit didn't have any sign-age up mentioning anything 3DS that I could see.

Zerokku said:
God damn it. Won't be able to get down to a gamestop for another 3 hours. They've already been open for an hour and a half here. Don't want to be too far down the list... FFFFFFF
Bear in mind that GameStop isn't publicizing these preorders at all. You should be fine, unless your local store has the nation's highest concentration of NeoGAF readers living nearby.

Hobbun

Just got back from preordering mine. I was #5. The store manager and the other employee working with him were 1 and 2. :lol

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Father_Brain said:
Bear in mind that GameStop isn't publicizing these preorders at all. You should be fine, unless your local store has the nation's highest concentration of NeoGAF readers living nearby.

I actually work at my local store. I know 2 of my regular customers are GAF readers, as well as one of my friends from college who occaisonally shops there.

I'm fucked :lol

I managed to break from work and put my preorder down. First one too, so I'm definitely guaranteed one :D

The guy there was about to catch a serious thrashing because he couldn't find the sku, and just when I was about to unleash the final atomic buster...he pulled it up and saved his life. It's times like this that make me wish I stayed as manager at gamestop lol

I was the first to preorder at my store. They had gotten the email but forgot to write the sku number down. Thankfully, I had it from reading this thread.

It rang up in their system as $999.99. :lol So, I put down $50.

Amir0x said:
Yeah. It doesn't surprise me or anything. All launches suck for every platform.
DS was my first launch. i hope everyone jumping onboard the 3DS realises that we'll get a handful of titles at launch and then a bunch of nothing for about four months.

but the DS had the novelty factor to keep it going through that launch period. the 3DS will be the same but more so.

speaking personally :)

Vyse The Legend said:
I was the first to preorder at my store. They had gotten the email but forgot to write the sku number down. Thankfully, I had it from reading this thread.

It ran up in their system as $999.99. :lol So, I put down $50.
yeah, that just means they don't have a price yet.

no colours are known yet paul, so there's just one SKU.

red shoe paul said:
What were the colors available for pre-order? Also I wonder when Best Buy will be doing pre-orders..
If it's anything like Canada was a short while ago then there weren't any colours. You just order the hardware.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
plagiarize said:
DS was my first launch. i hope everyone jumping onboard the 3DS realises that we'll get a handful of titles at launch and then a bunch of nothing for about four months
speaking personally :)

This is true, but with Ocarina of Time and Pokemon White at launch, I don't think I'll be needing to buy anything for a while anyway. I personally believe it is better to buy a few games you'll really like than pick up everything that looks half-decent.

Top Bottom