• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Games of the Year 2010 - Voting Thread - VOTING CONCLUDED

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
3. Gran Turismo 5
4. Rock Band 3
5. Pac-Man Championship Edition DX
6. Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver
7. Minecraft
8. Super Meat Boy
9. Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City

Miburou

1. Mass Effect 2
2. BioShock 2
3. Bayonetta
4. NieR
5. Dead Rising 2
6. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
7. God of War III
8. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
9. Alpha Protocol
10. Heavy Rain

1. Red Dead Redemption
2. Nier
3. Halo: Reach
4. Mass Effect 2
5. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
6. Bayonetta
7. Darksiders
8. Alan Wake
9. Dead Rising 2
10. Resonance of Fate

conman

1. Vanquish
2. Espgaluda 2: Black Label
3. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game
4. Alan Wake
5. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
6. Gran Turismo 5
7. Red Dead Redemption
8. Limbo
9. Bayonetta
10. Joe Danger
x. God of War 3
x. Yakuza 3

Ulairi

Banned
1. Civilization V
2. Mass Effect 2
3. Metro 2033
4. Star Craft 2
5. Supreme Commander 2
6. Battlefield Bad Company 2
7. Elemental War of Magic (After 1.1 patch)
8. Alien Swarm
9. Mine Craft
10. Super Meat Boy

chris121580

1. Red Dead Redemption
2. Mass Effect 2
3. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
4. Super Mario Galaxy 2
5. Battlefield Bad Company 2
6. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
7. Pac-man Championship Edition DX
8. Heavy Rain
9. Alan Wake
10. God of War 3

Dascu

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2
2. Amnesia: The Dark Descent
3. Sin&Punishment 2: Star Successor
4. No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
5. VVVVVV

Changed my list up pretty hardcore. I'm glad we have time to revise, as I'm not someone that can just make up a definitive list and stick to it, especially after getting more time in on other games, and even games that were already on it.

I mean, I looked at my original list, and for some strange reason, DKC Returns wasn't on it, and Dragon Quest IX was, and I had a lot more fun with DKC.

It will probably remain as is, though. Maybe.

NekoFever

1. Red Dead Redemption
2. Mass Effect 2
3. Halo: Reach
4. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
5. Demon's Souls
6. Bayonetta
7. Call of Duty: Black Ops
8. Pac-Man Championship Edition DX
9. Infinity Blade
10. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Lurchio

1. Battlefield: Bad Company 2
2. Football Manager 2011
3. Mass Effect 2
4. Red Dead Redemption
5. Pro Evolution Soccer 2011

1. God of War 3
2. Demon's Souls
3. God of War: Ghost of Sparta
4. Castlevania: Lords of Shadows
5. Gran Turismo 5
6. Red Dead Redemption
7. Starcraft 2
8. Vanquish
9. Civilisation 5
10. Final Fantasy 13

Mdk7

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2
2. Bayonetta
3. Super Meat Boy
4. Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
5. Donkey Kong Country Returns
6. Vanquish
7. Split Second: Velocity
8. Red Steel 2
9. Kinect Sports
10. Mass Effect 2

Honorable mentions:
Fruit Ninja
Splatterhouse
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Limbo
Shank
Halo Reach
999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors
Dance Central

Disappointment:
Metroid: Other M

X26

Banned
1. Red Dead Redemption
2. Mass Effect 2
3. Vanquish
4. Fallout: New Vegas
5. Battlefield: BC2
6. Assassins Creed: Brotherhood
7. Bayonetta
8. CoD: Black Ops
9. Super Meat Boy
10. Halo: Reach

Overall I missed out on a lot of great 2010 titles due to just having a 360 and a netbook

alisdair

1. StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty ; The first time an RTS has really clicked for me. I don't understand why this isn't getting more praise. Incredible.

2. Minecraft ; Easily the most successful sandbox game I've ever played. No explicit goals, but still manages to tell a different story every time I play.

3. Halo: Reach ; My favourite combat engine of all of the Halo games. Let down by poor multiplayer maps and all my friends moving off to other games. Both Bungie's and my farewell to Halo.

4. Just Cause 2 ; Explosions!

5. Mass Effect 2 ; They fixed the inventory. That was all that was needed.

6. Pac-Man Championship Edition DX ; MENU MUSIC.

7. Bayonetta ; Again, I was never able to really enjoy a stylish action game before this. Just balanced the difficulty and the craziness perfectly.

8. Picross 3D ; Terrifying Picasso duck.

9. Digital: A Love Story ; Crunch-whirr-beep.

10. BioShock 2 ; I didn't ask to go back to Rapture, but BioShock 2 is better than the original in every way except novelty.

Really struggled to list 10 games from 2010 that I liked. I spent a lot of my time playing classics and a few things from 2009. I doubt I'll get to ten games next year.

Oneself

1. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit ; The much needed comeback with amazing online integration and the most important ingredient missing in a lot of games these days: fun.
2. God of War: Ghost of Sparta; Best PSP GOTY, best looking portable game, better game than GOW3.
3. Heavy Rain ; Far from perfect, I consider this game to be a step forward for the industry, thus it deserves a good position.
4. Castlevania LOS ; Not totally "Castlevania", clearly missing the great melodies of the saga's music, sometimes suffering of a really bad framerate but still, a superb experience and the best 3D Castlevania ever.
5. God of War 3 ; Not on par with GOW2 & Ghost of Sparta, but still a worthy addition to this franchise. Also; the most impressive looking title on the market IMO.
6. Shank ; I loved Comix Zone so...
7. Joe Danger ; Deserves your money.
8. 3D Dot Game Heroes ; Old school Zelda in 3D, a lovely game with style!
9. Ys Oath in Felghana ; A must have for action RPG fans.
10. Shatter ; simple, original and well executed.
x. RDR: Undead Nightmare ; the best zombie game ever?
x. Dead Nation ; Yeah talking about zombie games...
x. Just Cause 2 ; haven't played this one enough but I guess it deserves to be in there somewhere
x. Darksiders ; a good start for a new IP, the sequel might be a surprise AAA title...
x. GT5 ; Still the best sim racer on console IMO but I'm a bit tired of it.
x. Sonic 4 ; cycle broken!!!!!:D
x. Bioshock 2 ; the original was full of GOTY material, this one is too but it's still "more of the same"..
x. Ys 7 ; because I had to choose between this one and Oath....
x. Monsters! probably stole my princess & WTF!? were awesome "minis" for those interested.
x. AC: Brotherhood ; more of the same but clearly the best in the series IMO.

Philthy

1. Star Ruler ; Seriously the best 4x game I've played in ages. I feel like i'm the only cheerleader for this absolutely brilliant game. The genre has stagnated for so long and now this comes out and hangs out with the classics. It's on all the downloadable sites! Steam! DD! etc!

2. Minecraft ; Nothing needs to be said. It's fun! It's sandboxy!

3. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II – Chaos Rising ; I love 40k. I loved this game.

4. Dragon Quest IX ; Fun!

1.) Vanquish
2.) Bayonetta
3.) Red Dead Redemption
4.) Sin and Punishment 2: Star Successor
5.) Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
6.) Nier
7.) Halo: Reach
8.) Mass Effect 2
9.) Resonance of Fate
10.) Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

1. Bayonetta ; The real evolution of the genre, tight controls, deep gameplay but incredible satisfying even just scratching the surface of it, memorable boss fights and really great art wise....yeah I went there.

2. Mass Effect 2 ; Dissapointing and in the same time a great experience, makes a lot of things better than the first game but also makes some incredible stupid mistakes, really good characters and and some classes makes the correct TPS experience into something else.

3. Batttlefield Bad Company 2 ; The unispiring single player campaing is irrelevant, is the best multiplayer FPS experience on console.

4. Resonace of Fate ; The game have some problems, but the combat system is really well done and deep enough, it's somewhat a shame that the experience is dragged down by some standard JRPG problems.

5. Final Fantasy XIII ; Hated by many it's the right direction in a lot of ways, no random encounters, fast-paced combat system which is also incredible fun and new, incredible OST...the game has some big problems easily solved for the next one.

6. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light ; The surprise of the year, amazing design, fun combat and nice co-op gameplay.

7. Limbo ; One of those examples that the experience dosn't make for being short, it's still a very beautiful crafted game with some tight plataforming design.

8. Hydro Thunder Hurricane ; The game bring back that feel of arcade racers that was lost in me, nice course design, good controls and addictive gameplay and ranking system.

9. After Burner Climax ; Pure adrenaline rush, so fast, so beautiful...I wish I had a flight stick.

x. Deadly Premonition ; If the gameplay wasn't so mediocre, tedious and sluggish it would have been the GOTY without doubt, at it is is an amazing experience which some of the most memorable characters and story that puts in shame Alan Wake.

imthemaid said:
you'd better outfit your home with child-proof brain parasites and bear traps before someone calls Child Welfare.

You probably don't have kids, or if you do, utterly lack in imagination. A curse and a blessing, depending on where you're coming from. I went to pick up my kid last summer, to find that he wasn't there. I assumed he escaped, figured that if he'd be in the garden still, I'd find him there later, but if he escaped, he could be getting away further every minute. I found him 150 meters away from the kindergarten, on his way home. He wasn't even two at this point. He managed to walk out with two parents coming to pick up their children at the same time, each thinking he was the other's kid. Most parents will have a story like this.

Fortunately, it mostly just happens in the mind. This winter, when I walk on the pavement in the snow with him on my shoulders, I worry about walking too close to the railing of the overpass, thinking I could be slipping, topple sideways and lose him, falling off the overpass onto oncoming traffic. In my mind I see him pulling over the boiling oil I'm using for New Year's Eve snacks, so I don't take him with me when I go do that. I see him pick up the knife my wife used to peel fruit and hurt either himself or one of us with it. I see him choke on a lolly, or drown in a bath / ditch / puddle. The list of things I think of goes on forever, but thankfully that's partly just because I think fast. ;)

Wanted to wait until the year was over to finish up some of the backlog.

1. Mass Effect 2
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
3. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
4. Red Dead Redemption
5. Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver
6. Final Fantasy XIII
7. StarCraft II
8. Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
9. Super Meat Boy
10. Bayonetta

1. Alan Wake
2. Halo: Reach
3. Nier
4. Limbo
5. Kinect Sports
6. Enslaved
7. Fable III
8. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
9. Deathspank
10. Hydro Thunder: Hurricane

Tain

ketsui.png
deathsmiles_ii.png
dodonpachi_daifukkatsu.png
senko_no_ronde_duo.png
street_fighter_iv.png

vanquish.png
virtual_on_force.png
espgaluda_ii.png
starcraft_ii.png
deathsmiles.png

It's way too late for me to be doing this.

I won't limit myself by excluding ports this time around.

1. Ketsui ; It has fast patterns, a smooth difficulty curve that starts off high by Cave's standards, downright badass music and visuals, satisfying rhythmic chirping when you're playing with the game's irresistable and crazy-risky scoring system, and two seperate second loops that look absolutely ridiculous. This seems like Cave's best game. (Arcade mode)

2. Deathsmiles II ; The internet lied to me, but EOJ did me right. Shocker! Improves upon the original in every way possible. Even visually. And especially in terms of difficulty. Much like Ketsui, the scoring system is ridiculous and irresistable, even for my typically not score-minded self. Great fun to clear. (Arcade mode)

3. DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu ; Strong is a little ridiculous, autobombing put me off like mad initially, and I'm not a fan of the way the game seems built to be easy to clear, but I clearly see the appeal in the game's complicated scoring. Maybe the best-looking of Cave's heavily pre-rendered games, too. (Arcade mode)

4. Senko no Ronde: Dis-United Order ; A great sequel to Grev's original take on Virtual-On. The bombs and assists are great additions that add complexity to the game's basic combat mechanics, but the added variety in character selection takes it so much further. (Arcade mode)

5. Super Street Fighter IV ; Similar to Dis-United Order, really! It's the added character variety that's most important.

6. Vanquish ; This game solved some of the biggest problems with cover shooters. You really can't play it safe, and that is wonderful. I think the focus on scoring was a little misguided, but the Challenge stages are a better choice anyway. Thankfully, we got both.

7. Virtual-On Force ; While it's clearly not as good as it's predecessor, but the change to a 2V2 game is a radical enough one to make it worth trying. I'll also go ahead and claim that it's a better game than OMG. Hitting enemy A with a dashing melee attack on your way to enemy B is undeniably delicious. Gorgeous, both with and without the arranged visuals.

8. Espgaluda 2: Black Label ; I love that Cave decided to make the second game the total opposite of the first, difficulty-wise. Zesshikai seems a little clunky in terms of how it plays into the game's overall scoring, but I'm not too bothered. (Arcade Mode)

9. Starcraft 2 ; I had a lot of fun playing this game with roommates that actually explained to me how to get beyond the "i have no clue what the hell i'm doing" phase of player skill. I have absolutely no clue how it stacks up to other games in the genre, though.

10. Deathsmiles ; Cute, and was fun to plot out routes in, even if the difficulty curve is both easy and uneven.

x. Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown ; Wish I could have played it!

x. Akai Katana ; Wish I could have played it!

Tabris

1. Mass Effect 2
2. Civilization V
3. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
4. Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
5. Final Fantasy XIII ; Huge disappointment but I still quite enjoyed the game, and this year wasn't that great for RPGs and RPGs are my favorite genre, so this wins by everything else failing.
6. Starcraft II
7. Halo: Reach ; This will probabaly be higher once I finish it but I just got it for Christmas and even 1/3rd in it's already up to #7.
8. Fable III
9. NHL 11
10. Donkey Kong Country Returns

Maastricht said:
You probably don't have kids, or if you do, utterly lack in imagination. A curse and a blessing, depending on where you're coming from. I went to pick up my kid last summer, to find that he wasn't there. I assumed he escaped, figured that if he'd be in the garden still, I'd find him there later, but if he escaped, he could be getting away further every minute. I found him 150 meters away from the kindergarten, on his way home. He wasn't even two at this point. He managed to walk out with two parents coming to pick up their children at the same time, each thinking he was the other's kid. Most parents will have a story like this.

Fortunately, it mostly just happens in the mind. This winter, when I walk on the pavement in the snow with him on my shoulders, I worry about walking too close to the railing of the overpass, thinking I could be slipping, topple sideways and lose him, falling off the overpass onto oncoming traffic. In my mind I see him pulling over the boiling oil I'm using for New Year's Eve snacks, so I don't take him with me when I go do that. I see him pick up the knife my wife used to peel fruit and hurt either himself or one of us with it. I see him choke on a lolly, or drown in a bath / ditch / puddle. The list of things I think of goes on forever, but thankfully that's partly just because I think fast. ;)
The joys of being a parent to a todler. I am right there with you.

AniHawk

Tabris said:
and this year wasn't that great for RPGs and RPGs are my favorite genre, so this wins by everything else failing.

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
Persona 3 Portable
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony
Z.H.P.
Dragon Quest V
Dragon Quest IX
Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver
Infinite Space
Strange Journey
Mass Effect 2
Fallout: New Vegas
Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Fable III
Valkyria Chronicles 2
Monster Hunter 3
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

I dunno, I'd consider that pretty strong, and it's not even a full list.

Foffy

Banned
1. Super Mario Galaxy 2 ; I think this is quite possibly the best Mario game ever made, next to SMB3.
2. Bayonetta ; Not much has to be said here - quite possibly the most refined action game in ages.
3. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker ; A Metal Gear game that focuses mostly on gameplay? Sign me up.
4. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow ; Finally, a good 3D Castlevania game.
5. Donkey Kong Country Returns ; Finally, an apology for DKC3 and DK64!
6. Final Fantasy XIII ; Some people hate this game, but I think it's the best game since FFIX.
7. Dragon Quest IX ; Not as grand as DQVIII, but still fucking fun nonetheless.
8. Kirby's Epic Yarn ; This is what Yoshi's Story should have been.
9. Sonic Colors ; A GOOD SONIC GAME?!
10. Monster Hunter Tri ; It's Monster Hunter.
x. Vanquish ; A bit short, but pretty sweet.
x. Dead Rising 2 ; I love the style, though I feel the bosses are still clunky as sin.
x. Golden Sun: Dark Dawn ; It plays it a bit too traditional, but it's still great fun.
x. Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light ; A retro-style RPG that seems to hinder just a bit artistically to what's capable on the DS.

Tabris

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn : I hated the first one, mainly due to the story, so I have been turned off on the series.
Persona 3 Portable : I have played and beaten Persona 3 on PS2
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony : I have played and beaten Lunar: Silver Star on both Sega CD and PSX
Z.H.P. : I don't know what this is?
Dragon Quest V : I have this on my wishlist and will buy but generally dislike playing portable RPGs due to inconvience (of physically playing, looking at a small screen and not being able to have your head placed how you want). I wish DS had an output mode for TVs. So lower priority to buy and play.
Dragon Quest IX : See above
Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver : Really? Come on now.
Infinite Space : I don't know what this is?
Strange Journey : This is a Shin Megami game? I did love 3 and of course the Persona series. Same style?
Mass Effect 2 : Best game of the year.
Fallout: New Vegas : I don't like these style of RPGs as while they are usually very fun for a while I find I spend too much time goofing around and lose interest in the main story and then lose interest in goofing around (the GTA syndrome)
Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love : I don't know what this is?
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep : Great game.
Fable III : Even though it gets hate, I had a lot of fun with this one.
Valkyria Chronicles 2 : Not a huge fan of SRPGs unless they have an amazing story (see Tactics Ogre or FFT).
Monster Hunter 3 : I am tempted on this.
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm : I lost soo much valuable time to FFXI that I will never play an MMO ever again.

AniHawk

Tabris said:
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn : I hated the first one, mainly due to the story, so I have been turned off on the series.

Oh I didn't like the first one either. The second one was better for reasons Segata explained in another thread, but I wonder if part of it had to do with playing it on a Game Boy Player. Just seemed like a faster and more streamlined game.

Z.H.P. : I don't know what this is?

NISA-published obscure PSP thing. Got good reviews.

Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver : Really? Come on now.

I'm not saying I'd enjoy it, but it was pretty well-received apparently. Plus, if DQV and Lunar get mentions, so should this.

Infinite Space : I don't know what this is?

Platinum Games/Sega-published obscure DS thing. Got good reviews.

Strange Journey : This is a Shin Megami game? I did love 3 and of course the Persona series. Same style?

From my understanding, this is actually Shin Megami Tensei 4. Just got this and Infinite Space, and I have yet to crack it open.

Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love : I don't know what this is?

Really? It was the biggest RPG franchise on the Saturn and Dreamcast. It's the fifth game in the series and the first one in the US. NISA-published and available for the PS2 (and Wii, but the PS2 version is more complete IIRC). Got good reviews.

GhaleonQ

At the very least, do "Cladun" (System Prisma), "Z.H.P." (Nippon Ichi), and Infinite Space (Nude Maker). The former 2, especially, are spectacular.

Lionheart

1. Final Fantasy 13
2. Gran Turismo 5
3. Sports Champions
4. Game Dev Story
5. Costume Quest
6. Final Fantasy 14
7. Start The Party
8. Cut The Rope

Chittagong

Gold Member
1. Heavy Rain ; truly amazing exerience, reminds me of SH2.
2. Bayonetta ; can't remember last time I've been so hooked.
3. Alan Wake ; what an amazing world they created.
4. Super Mario Galaxy 2 ; more goodness.
5. Call of Duty: Black Ops ; spending so much time on it now.
6. StarCraft 2 ; my first StarCraft, amazing campaign.
7. God of War 3 ; amazing, epic adventure. Not quite Bayo but solid anyway.
8. Mass Effect 2 ; incredible gameplay but light on story.
9. Gran Turismo 5 ; finally a GT I can get into.
10. Halo Reach ; great campaign, still broken multiplayer.

x. Bioshock 2
x. Just Cause 2
x. World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

It's been a pretty incredible year for gaming - when the likes of WoW and Bioshock 2 can't even fit my list - and I've yet to even try Red Dead Redemption, Vanquish, Castlevania, Assassins Creed Brotherhood or Need for Speed. Only downer all year was FFXIII - waited for it so long and was so disappointed.

Ydahs

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2 ; This game takes the cake in polish and design. One of the finest games ever created because it focuses on the most important aspect of gaming: a fun experience.
2. No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle ; I thought that after NMH1, I'd experienced it all and this game wouldn't have had the same impact. Boy was I wrong. I think this game has the most satisfying combat mechanics of all time. No really, and it's due to the Wiimote integration. Developers take note.
3. Final Fantasy 13 ; Different, but in a good way. The story wasn't the greatest (too confusing, but that's also due to my two month hiatus) but the battle system delivered the goods. The game is also the prettiest I've seen on any platform.
4. Super Meat Boy ; I've never been a fan of relentlessly difficult games, but this one is so cleverly designed that it matters none. The instant restart after death is perfect since not only does it save time, but I'm always thinking "just one more try... one more... this time I'll get it... soo cloose".
5. Fruit Ninja ; While I was only casually playing the standard modes, I couldn't put my iPod down once the Arcade update arrived. The most addictive mode of all time :lol And it was released right around exam times too :/
6. Gran Turismo 5 ; While I haven't played too much of it, what I did play was quality. If I spent more time with it, I'm sure it'll climb up a spot or two.
7. Minecraft ; Same case as GT5. I really just bought it to avoid the price increase once (if) it's ever officially released.

Scipius

1. StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty; Blizzard still knows how to make a proper game; shame they are pretty clueless in their storytelling though.
2. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat; Probably my favourite game of 2010 in terms of pushing all the right buttons, but the content is just too limited to merit the top spot.
3. Dragon Quest 9: Sentinels of the Starry Skies; Charming as always and with a lot of content after the ending. I'll be playing this well into 2011.
4. Super Mario Galaxy 2; More of the same, but that's not a bad thing at all in this case.
5. Toki Tori; I realised that this only got a PC release in 2010, so it's the last game I can actually include.

With publishers and most developers hell-bent on continuing their DLC silliness and my backlog still growing, I don't expect to be purchasing too many new games in the future. Some 2010 games like Metro 2033 or M&B Warband I've only bought this week, so too little time left to evaluate them.

tiff

Banned
AniHawk said:
Really? It was the biggest RPG franchise on the Saturn and Dreamcast. It's the fifth game in the series and the first one in the US. NISA-published and available for the PS2 (and Wii, but the PS2 version is more complete IIRC). Got good reviews.
I never heard of a difference between the PS2 and Wii versions. What was it?

Gozan

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2
2. Battlefield: Bad Company 2
3. Amnesia: The Dark Descent
4. Minecraft
5. Sin & Punishment 2
6. Civilization V
7. Cave Story
8. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
9. Shantae: Risky's Revenge
10. Picross 3D

1. God of War 3
2. Gran Turismo 5
3. Heavy Rain
4. Red Dead Redemption
5. Final Fantasy 13
6. Yakuza 3
7. MAG
8. Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
9. Dead Nation
10. Costume Quest

x. echochrome ii
x. Time Crisis: Razing Storm ; fun for what it is
x. Flight Control HD
x. Enslaved: Odyssey to the West ; just started playing this
x. Aliens vs. Predator ; I really enjoyed certain parts of it, also Survival mode is so good
x. Bayonetta
x. Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse
x. Auditorium HD
x. Eat Them!

Boney

Banned
Wait, who's insulting the Pokeymanz. I kill ya!!!

But for real, Tabris, have you considered a DS XL? Should do you good.

Tain

Man, I'm almost embarrassed at how Cave-dominated my list is, but they've been busy this year.

GhaleonQ said:
Apologies if I asked you already, Tain, but what are your thoughts on Guwange?

Crazy-good aesthetically, but the whole spirit control thing bugs me. I feel like a lot of the game is about properly positioning the spirit asap, almost like I'm playing a light gun shooter with a slow, joystick-controlled reticule. I do like the little tricks like letting go of the spirit, respawning it right in front of you, and sweeping it forward when you need some bullets in front of you cleared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom