• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Games of the Year 2010 - Voting Thread - VOTING CONCLUDED

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty ; Probably the most refined and balanced RTS ever made. The only RTS game I've ever made a serious effort to get good at and I'm on the side of the fence that thinks the new Battle.net with facebook was a massive improvement and the clear leader in online play.

2. Red Dead Redemption ; Going into this game I already knew I'd love the atmosphere, the graphics, the music and setting. What I didn't know was how amazing the story would be. By the end of the game I absolutely cared about John Marston and his family and the ending was truly incredible. The controls were the only thing I took issue with (specifically mashing A over and over and over)

3. Mass Effect 2 ; this is by far my most favorite franchise of the group and this game fixed everything I didn't like about the first game (mako etc) and added lots of cool things I did like. The only thing I didn't like so much is the ending and the collectors. They didn't excite me or do anything really, pretty awful villains.

4. Just Cause 2 ; it's hard to beat the pure unadulterated joy that comes from simply moving about in this game. There's so much to see In this massive gorgeous world and so many ways to see it all, it's just wonderful. I'm not going to hate on it so much for the incredibly awful voice acting and story partly because I think/hope it was intentional. I am going to hate on the boring ground combat and parachute flying nonsense however

5. Assassin's Creed 2 ; The setting is what makes this game so interesting. I want to see more competent games set in renaissance Italy. The killing and the story were pretty good too. I wouldve liked to see more in depth city building stuff but it was a nice addition anyway.

6. Game Dev Story ; if you have an iPhone/iPad Touch you really must play this game. It's so addictive after I downloaded it I must've played the better part of three days straight. I really liked the quirkiness and winks here and there. I just wish the end game was a lot more developed and varied.

7. Mafia 2 ; I'm about halfway through this one and I really like it. The art style sells the 40's/50's look perfectly and the little touches like passengers singing to the song on the car radio and the detail and destructiveness of the environments really impress me... possibly more than they should. The facial animations are pretty horrible.

8. Alpha Protocol ; I'm just getting started with this one and it's a real mixed bag. The combat and movement of the character is just crappy and strange looking while the character interactions are extremely quick paced, interesting and most importantly: meaningful. I feel like there's much here I'd like to see in many other games.

9. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 ; The campaign is occasionally funny but besides that it's pretty bland. The real draw for me was the PC multiplayer which is still one of the best to play with friends. The drawback there is the gimpy small map sizes and really terrible networking at times. Still, it's a real blast to play, it does squad combat the correct way.

10. Alan Wake ; I didn't really love this game too much. In fact I'm just including it because I liked the characters and the interesting stuff they did with light and dark, everything else about the game was boring and repetitive.

x. Civilization V ; I think this game would probably fall somewhere near the top of my list but unfortunately I haven't got the chance to play it yet. Still, it feels wrong not to mention it with the best games of 2010

Painraze

Unconfirmed Member
1. Red Dead Redemption
2. Fallout: New Vegas
3. Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty
4. Heavy Rain
5. Mass Effect 2
6. Costume Quest
7. Game Dev Story
8. Alpha Protocol
9. Limbo
10. Bioshock 2

theluma

1.Super Mario Galaxy 2
2.Battlefield Bad Company 2
3. Starcraft 2 Wings of Liberty
4. Pokémon SoulSilver
5. Fifa 11
6.Monster Hunter Tri
7. Metroid Other M
8.Just Cause 2

So much stuff I didn't get to this year :( (Kirby, DK, Heavy Rain, FF13, Last Window,Enslaved...)
And a bunch of stuff from last year that I did get to...

imthemaid

Banned
Maastricht said:
If you have a two yo kid, you live Limbo every single day in your mind each time you walk out with him. It deprecates the game's theme immensely as a result, leaving nice animations and fairly straightforward puzzles. It's a neatly designed game with some wonderful environments and I can appreciate it, but ultimately it is just not for me and being a father is definitely a part of it.

you'd better outfit your home with child-proof brain parasites and bear traps before someone calls Child Welfare.

Piano

Banned
1. Super Mario Galaxy 2 ; hyperbole completely aside, there was a moment I was playing this game back in May when I realized that I was having more fun in one moment than I've ever had playing any video game ever. The game is way more focused than its predecessors and is a masterfully constructed test of platforming skill. I think the Gametrailers review said it best - it's a game for the video game player, not necessarily the video game enthusiast
2. Dead Rising 2 ; I bought a 360 back in 2006 solely for the first Dead Rising, so I was pretty weary when it was announced that Capcom was handing off the sequel to a largely unproven western developer. How wrong I was. Dead Rising 2 takes everything that made the first game wonderful and improves it (with the possible exception of the psychopath deaths, which were pretty disappointing).
3. Pac-Man Champsionship Edition DX ; Perfect gameplay. That is all.
4. Just Cause 2
5. Super Meat Boy
6. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

megalowho

1. Mass Effect 2
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
3: Red Dead Redemption
4. Super Street Fighter 4
5. Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse
6. Bayonetta
7. 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors
8. Pac-Man Championship Edition DX
9. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
10. Civilization 5
x. Picross 3D
x. Super Meat Boy

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
So I bought AssBro the other day and man, this game is about twelve quadrillion times better at the whole open world structuring than Red Dead Redemption. Shame a lot of people won't have played it until GOTY-voting season is done.

Haunted

gollumsluvslave said:
At the moment [snip]
Would be great if you would edit your post so there's no running tally, we don't want people to be encouraged to vote strategically. The running tally should be "secret" as much as possible.

1. Pac-Man Championship Edition DX
2. God of War 3
3. Heavy Rain
4. Super Meat Boy
5. NBA 2k11
6. Bejeweled 3
7. Mega Man 10
8. Madden NFL 11
9. NHL 11
10. Out of the Park Baseball 10

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
1. Fallout: New Vegas ; Obsidian managed to fix several of the issues that I had with Fallout 3. On top of that, they added greatly improved characters, writing, and quests. I was lucky and didn't experience any bugs in the PC version, outside of the occasional floating enemy.

2. Alpha Protocol ; I don't really care that the game is filled with jank. Once I was able to level up my stealth, I found the gameplay to be pretty enjoyable. Still, the character interactions is what truly makes this game. The way the story and mission structure reacts and changes based on the player choices feels almost a generation ahead of other RPGs. The fact the game lets me play a Castro-looking douchebag is just a plus. While I doubt we will ever see another AP, I hope Obsidian takes the system they developed here and further flesh it out in a new game.

3. World of Warcraft: Cataclysm ; The amount of work that went into recreating Azeroth was just amazing. The new zones are awesome, especially Uldum. I also can't believe they actually managed to make me want to level a new character so I could experience the new missions. On top of it, I love that heroics are actually a challenge again.

4. StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty ; The single player in SC2 was a mixed bag. I thought the actual missions were extremely enjoyable and inventive. Unfortunately it was all brought down by the story, which was complete horse shit. In the end, that doesn't matter much because multiplayer is where this game shines. Even though the game is still early in its life, the balance already feels terrific to me. And as much of a mixed bag the new Battle.net is, the player rankings and leagues works terrifically. This is one of the few RTS games I feel that I can log on and play and will most likely be matched up against others with a similar play skill, and not be set against someone who will stomp my face in within seconds.

5. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War 2 – Chaos Rising ; I loved the campaign in Chaos Rising. If it wasn't for multiplayer, I would probably put this above Starcraft II. Fighting Chaos, was just so much fun. The mission structure also improved greatly over the base game.

6. Mount & Blade: Warband ; The first Mount and Blade was an extremely addicting game and was about as open world as you can get. This is just that game, with several single player improvements that flesh out the options the player has. I very much wanted the ability to create my own kingdom and Warband gave that to me. Multiplayer is just an added bonus for me.

7. Civilization 5 ; Even though the AI is bad and I don't think the game stands up to a post-Beyond the Sword version of Civ 4 (but then what does), I still enjoyed the time I put into Civ 5. I think adding the hex grid and removing unit stacking is a really good improvement. I am sure the game will just get better with age as well. Civ 4 certainly did.

8. Mass Effect 2 ; I have mixed feelings about Mass Effect 2. After my first playthrough, I really loved it and was probably ready to declare it my GOTY. But playing it again, I found myself missing a lot of the RPG elements from the first Mass Effect. Despite that, it was a really enjoyable game with several well written characters. The shooting mechanics were also vastly improved. While I still don't understand how the hell the modelers managed to mess up the looks of Yvonne Strahovski so badly, I would still recommend this game to most people.

9. Game Dev Story ; Game Dev Story is the first iPhone game that I have truly loved. I am not a huge fan of playing games on my phone (although I do enjoy Angry Birds as well), but this game was able to get me to look past that. The art style, game play, and addiction of trying to beat my previous best selling game are just amazing. I hope in the future the developers consider making a more fleshed out version of the game, either on the iPhone or PC.

10. Making History 2: The War of the World ; I doubt many people have heard of this game (and will have to be added to the list of games in the second post). If I hadn't stopped by the developer's booth at PAX East earlier this year, I doubt I would have either. It plays like a lite version of Heart of Iron, just with a lot more freedom to mess around with history. While the game was pretty broken at launch (like most of the strategy games that came out this year), the developer has continued to patch it regularly and has fixed a lot of its jankiness. But honestly there is something amusing about conquering Cuba as the US and then 5 months later having to defend the island from an invading Turkish army (and navy).

Assemble!

1 - Red Dead Redemption
2 - Super Mario Galaxy
3 - Mass Effect 2
4 - NBA 2K11
5 - Donkey Kong Country Returns
6 - Fallout: New Vegas
7 - Fable 3
8 - Just Cause 2
9 - Alan Wake
10 - Pac Man Championship Ed DX

Uncle AJ

1. Persona 3 Portable
2. Mass Effect 2
3. Super Street Fighter 4
4. Bit.Trip Runner
5. Kirby's Epic Yarn
6. Final Fantasy XIII
7. Rock Band 3
8. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
9. Alpha Protocol
10. Alien Swarm

Varjet

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2
2. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars
3. Mega Man 10
4. Super Meat Boy
5. Metroid: Other M
6. Red Steel 2
7. Fable 3

jedimike

Shig said:
So I bought AssBro the other day and man, this game is about twelve quadrillion times better at the whole open world structuring than Red Dead Redemption. Shame a lot of people won't have played it until GOTY-voting season is done.

I'm totally missing the reference, but if you are talking about Just Cause 2, I agree 100%.

Edit: nvmd, I see you mean Assassins Creed which I have yet to play :)

sdornan

1. Red Dead Redemption
2. Mass Effect 2
3. Heavy Rain
4. Battlefield: Bad Company 2
5. StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty
6. Bayonetta
7. God of War 3
8. World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
9. Super Mario Galaxy 2
10. Civilization 5

yurinka

1. Super Street Fighter 4
2. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
3. Heavy Rain
4. God of War 3
5. Bayonetta
6. Mass Effect 2
7. Super Mario Galaxy 2
8. Halo: Reach
9. Mod Nation Racers
10. Dead Rising 2
x. Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
x. After Burner Climax
x. Alan Wake
x. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
x. Dead Nation
x. Demon's Souls
x. Donkey Kong Country Returns
x. Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
x. God of War: Ghost of Sparta
x. Gran Turismo 5
x. Joe Danger
x. Mega Man 10
x. Metroid: Other M
x. Monster Hunter 3: Tri
x. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
x. Pac-Man Championship Edition DX
x. Red Dead Redemption
x. Shatter
x. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty
x. Vanquish

As always, I suggest to split it in "best retail game", "best downloadable game" and "best indy game", because if not it wouldn't be fair. It would be easy if the votes are stored in a database. Same splitting the votes to know the best games of each platform, and same for genres.

BTW I listed honorable mentions in alphabetical order. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd is an imported game, I'm from Spain

jmdajr

1. Bayonetta
2. Halo Reach
3. Super Street Fighter 4
4. Mega Man 10

and that's it. I didn't finish any other 2010 game as I have been working on old stuff.

1. Red Dead Redemption
2. Mass Effect 2
3. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
4. Gran Turismo 5
5. Halo: Reach
6. MLB 10: The Show
7. Blur
8. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
9. Fallout: New Vegas
10. Alan Wake

Erebus

1. Mass Effect 2
2. God of War 3
3. Vanquish
4. Call of Duty: Black Ops
5. Super Meat Boy
6. Pac-Man Championship Edition DX
7. Just Cause 2
8. Heavy Rain
9. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
10. Gran Turismo 5
x. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction
x. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

Ninty

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2
2. Donkey Kong Country Returns
3. Red Dead Redemption
4. Bioshock 2
5. Heavy Rain
6. Picross 3D

DanteFox

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2
3. Metroid: Other M
4. Kirby's Epic Yarn
5. Super Meat Boy
6. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2
7. Halo Reach
8. Sin and Punishment 2: Star Successor
9. Monster Hunter 3: Tri
10. Mega Man 10

1. BIT.TRIP RUNNER ; I'd enjoyed the BIT.TRIP series prior to this title, but GAIJIN evolved to GOD TIER with RUNNER. Simple mechanics, fantastic music, wonderful aesthetics, this game screams "just one more try." I will follow GAIJIN into hell if that is what they ask of me; it's that damn good. I look forward to the bandwagon jumpers when the inevitable HD port arrives.

2. Super Mario Galaxy 2 ; Somehow EAD Tokyo improved on perfection. What else is there to say? 25 years since he became Super, Mario can still surprise us.

3. AlphaBounce ; DSi version. I spent more time with this than any other 2010 release. Simple, buggy as hell, as addicting as Angry Birds but different in one key way: it's actually fun. Imagine that! Breakout + Puzzle Quest + jank translation + lo-fi charm = my favorite commuting game since Tetris.

4. Limbo ; No other experience this year was as affecting as Limbo. Would've been my GOTY but the uneven second half makes it fall just shy.

5. Cave Story ; The Wii port was eventually great. This is a game I'll replay for as long as I'm a gamer. Glad I was able to give PIXEL something for all the joy he's brought me.

6. Shantae: Risky's Revenge ; They simply don't make games like this anymore, and that's a crying shame. WayForward, thank you for keeping 2D alive!

7. X-Scape ; This game simply oozes style. Amazing what Q can make the DSi do. They took a simple little game and made it grandiose! Hope this isn't the end for X.

x. BIT.TRIP FATE ; Gaijin gets freaky with the penultimate in the BIT.TRIP series. A fantastic soundtrack coupled with fun shooter mechanics gave us another winner. Can't wait to see where they go for the finale! If you've avoided BIT.TRIP because it's on the Wii, you're missing out on the best downloadable series this generation. Be a GAMER.

EDIT: How could I forget AlphaBounce?!

Jex

1. Bayonetta
2. Deadly Premonitions
3. Super Mario Galaxy 2
4. Mass Effect 2
5. Super Meat Boy
6. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
7. Limbo
8. Halo Reach
9. Final Fantasy XIII
10. Alan Wake

1. Heavy Rain
2. Red Dead Redemption
3. Game Dev Story
4. Donkey Kong Country Returns
5. Super Mario Galaxy 2
6. Final Fantasy XIII
7. Mega Man 10
8. Limbo
9. Super Street Fighter IV
10. Helsing's Fire
x. Back to the Future: The Game

I may have to re-order these as I get in some game time over break here. Even so, it seemed like kind of a light year game-wise. Nothing really captured my attention for very long stretches.

1. Final Fantasy XIII
2. Mass Effect 2
3. Super Street Fighter IV
4. DJ Hero 2
5. Dance Central
6. Bioshock 2
7. Transformers War for Cybertron
8. Pac-Man Championship DX
9. Madden 11
10. Final Fantasy XIV

1. Red Dead Redemption
2. Dragon Quest 9: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
3. Mass Effect 2
4. Super Mario Galaxy 2
5. Civilization 5
6. Final Fantasy 13
7. Costume Quest
8. Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
9. Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
10. Alpha Protocol

kai3345

Banned
1. Bad Company 2 ; My friends and I have put countless hours into this game and we're still going strong with the Vietnam expansion.
2. Mass Effect 2 ; This was originally going to be lower as I'm a huge fan of Mass Effect 1 and this game was a bit of a dissapointment, but the pure genius of the Lair of the Shadow Broker jumped this up to the #2 spot.
3.Just Cause 2 ; Pure fun.
4. Halo Reach ; Great Multiplayer, and a great map editor.
5. Dragon Quest IX ; My go-to game for my many road trips I've taken this year. Shame Tag Mode never worked out here in the US :(
6. Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse ; Best of the Sam and max series. So many great characters and situations.
7.Dead Rising: Case Zero ; Bite-sized Dead Rising! I'm downloading Case West as I type this.
8. Costume Quest ; Fun little downloadable RPG that was full of Halloween nostalgia. A bit on the easy side, but it was still fun.
9. Pokemon: Soul Silver ; Such a nostalgia trip back to my favorite game as a kid.
10.God of War III ; Like Just Cause 2, this game is just pure fun and looks fucking amazing to boot.

Kinan

1. Heavy Rain
2. Red Dead Redemption
3. God of War 3
4. Sports Champions
5. Mass Effect 2
6. StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty
7. Gran Turismo 5
8. Final Fantasy 13
9. Game Dev Story
10. Mod Nation Racers
x. Civilization 5
x. Fallout: New Vegas

Dont have much time to comment, maybe will edit some thoughts later. All in all - it was an excellent year.

1. Sin and Punishment 2: Star Successor
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
3. Donkey Kong Country Returns
4. God of War 3
5. 3D Dot Game Heroes
6. Kirby's Epic Yarn
7. Metroid: Other M
8. Darksiders

In a perfect world where I had the time and money to play everything I wanted I'm sure the list would be different. At a minimum I would have liked to have had Super Meat Boy, Vanquish, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, the Bit Trip series, Sonic Colors, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars, Bayonetta, Ys Seven, and Ys: The Oath in Felghana all under my belt before voting, but thems the breaks.

Btw, what's the deadline for editing our lists before votes are counted?

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
1. Donkey Kong Country Returns
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
3. Dance Central
4. Super Street Fighter IV
5. Red Steel 2
6. Red Dead Redemption
7. Kinect Sports
8. Your Shape: Fitness Evolved (Kinect)
9. No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle
10. Disney's Epic Mickey
x. Monster Hunter Tri

Lots and lots of games that I didn't get around to player this year though I really wanted to play them (Alan Wake, Need for Speed, S&P2, Enslaved, Move titles, Majin and the Magical Kingdom, Ace Attorney Investigations, Halo Reach, Heavy Rain, Endless Ocean 2, etc.). Having no PS3 kinda hurts my list too. :(

Note: List might change in the near future though.

Boney

Banned
GrotesqueBeauty said:
1. Sin and Punishment 2: Star Successor
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
3. Donkey Kong Country Returns
4. God of War 3
5. 3D Dot Game Heroes
6. Kirby's Epic Yarn
7. Metroid: Other M
8. Darksiders

In a perfect world where I had the time and money to play everything I wanted I'm sure the list would be different. At a minimum I would have liked to have had Super Meat Boy, Vanquish, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, the Bit Trip series, Sonic Colors, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars, Bayonetta, Ys Seven, and Ys: The Oath in Felghana all under my belt before voting, but thems the breaks.

Btw, what's the deadline for editing our lists before votes are counted?
Your limited budget earns me a vote.

We'll get to the heavens baby!

1. Donkey Kong Country Returns
2. Dragon Quest 9: Sentinals of the Starry Skies
3. Bit.Trip Runner
4. Hot Shots Tennis: Get a Grip
5. Cave Story
6. Sin and Punishment 2: Star Successor
x. Trauma Team

Didn't get to play that many releases from 2010. I wish I could have played through Ys 7, Oath in Felghana, Kirby's Epic Yarn in time, but I won't be able to get to them before the voting ends unfortunately.

1. Mass Effect 2
2. Fallout: New Vegas
3. Red Dead Redemption
4. God of War 3
5. Halo Reach
6. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
7. Splinter Cell: Conviction
8. Vanquish
9. Dead Rising 2
10. Limbo

chessnut

1. Just Cause 2
2. God of War 3
3. Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
4. Heavy Rain
5. Darksiders
6. NBA 2k11
7. Sly Cooper Collection ; I enjoyed the 1st and 3rd the most
x. Mod Nation Racers
x. Gran Turismo 5

I played Mafia 2 and GTA:EFLC and thought both sucked

Games I plan to play:
RDR, AC:B, Bayonetta, and Vanquish

Dante

1. God Of War 3
3. Heavy Rain
4. Sports Champions
5. Cityville
6. Red Dead Redemption
7. Zuma Blitz
8. COD Black Ops
9. Bejewled 3
10. Joe Danger

1. Dragon Quest 9: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
2. Monster Hunter 3: Tri
3. Super Mario Galaxy 2
4. Super Street Fighter 4
5. Picross 3D
6. Flotilla: Orbital Battleship Maneuvers
7. Etrian Odyssey 3: The Drowned City

Rolf NB

1. Nier
2. Vanquish
3. Darksiders
4. Bayonetta
5. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
6. Heavy Rain
7. God Of War 3
8. Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse

widgetraf

1. Demon's Souls
2. God of War 3
3. Gran Turismo 5
4. Heavy Rain
5. Call of Duty: Black Ops
6. Alan Wake
7. Final Fantasy 13
8. Super Mario Galaxy 2

1. Deadly Premonition ; The runaway winner. An engrossing storyline featuring characters that I deeply cared about, mixed together with a large helping of craziness and a twisted sense of humour. It might have a lot of technical problems, but Deadly Premonition has more heart and ambition than anything else on the market.
2. Sonic Colors
3. Pac-Man Championship Edition DX
4. Nier
5. Pokemon HeartGold
6. Phantasy Star Portable 2

I've played more than enough games this year for a top 10, but quite frankly the rest are not good enough to deserve any points.

Apath

1. StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty
2. Halo: Reach
3. Super Mario Galaxy 2
4. Minecraft
5. Red Dead Redemption
6. Persona 3 Portable
7. Mass Effect 2
8. Fallout: New Vegas

AppleMIX

1.) Mass Effect 2
2.) Starcraft 2
3.) Metro 2033
4.) Super Meat Boy
5.) Super Street Fighter 4
6.) Civilization 5
7.) Fallout: New Vegas
8.) Mega Man 10
9.) Battlefield: Bad Company 2
10.) Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

1. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
2. NecroVisioN Lost Company
3. Star Wolves 3 Civil War
4. The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom
5. Rig'n'Roll
6. StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty
7. Amnesia: The Dark Descent
8. Two Worlds 2
9. Vanquish
10. Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead / British Armed Forces / Private Military Company
x. Eschalon Book II
x. Din's Curse
x. Evochron Mercenary
x. Patrician IV
x. Yakuza 3
x. NBA 2K11
x. Star Ruler
x. Alpha Protocol
x. Theatre of War 2 Kursk 1943 / Battle for Caen
x. Deadly Premonition

Brinbe

1. Red Dead Redemption
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
3. Fallout: New Vegas
4. Mass Effect 2
5. FIFA 11
6. Football Manager 2011
7. NBA 2K11
8. Just Cause 2
9. Alpha Protocol
10. MLB 10: The Show

Honorable Mentions
x. Dead Rising 2
x. Assassins Creed: Brotherhood
x. Bayonetta
x. Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City
x. Super Meat Boy
x. Heavy Rain
x. Game Dev Story
x. Civilization 5
x. 3D Dot Game Heroes
x. Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
x. Madden 11
x. NHL 11
x. Out of the Park Baseball 11

Fuck, 2010 really was a great year. :D

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
01. Gran Turismo 5
02. Donkey Kong Country Returns
03. Vanquish
04. God of War III
05. Enslaved
06. Dead Rising 2
07. Heavy Rain
08. Super Mario Galaxy 2
09. White Knight Chronicles
10. Yakuza 3

Not an easy list to make. Number 1 and 2 were easily the best games of the year IMO. The rest are completely interchangeable and there are a heck of a lot of other games I could add for honorable mention. All in all I thought 2010 had a bunch of B/B+ titles but very few games wowed me the way Uncharted 2 did last year. Maybe I'm getting spoiled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom