• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I was forced to punch a girl in the face last night...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was out last night participating in the 12 pubs of xmas. Night was going great tons of people in our group, we all drank allot although I wasn't black out drunk or anything.

Some of us went to a club after the last pub, still having a great time. Then I went to Subway on the way home before getting a taxi (Subway over here is open till like 4am).

So I'm in the queue waiting to get a sub, a few people in there but it wasn't crazy busy or anything. At the front of the queue 2 girls, probably early 20's were being really loud and mouthing off.

So I made a few comments and then they started mouthing off at me, to which I replied with something along the lines of "shut the fuck up bitch" (I was fairly drunk at the time, not black out drunk or anything).

Suddenly the one in the front charges at me and starts clawing my face, I was a bit drunk and also wasn't expecting this to happen at all so my reactions were a bit slow to defend myself and my face has paid the price with tons of scratches that will probably scar.

Anyway in the heat of the moment as soon as I realised what was going on my body went into defense mode and I lashed out with what I can only assume was a left-right combo, again there were arms flying everywhere and it all happened so fast that it could have been anywhere from one punch to three punches.

Now just to clarify I don't go around hitting women, in fact I've never hit a woman before in my life, and I didn't hit first, this crazy girl did. By the time I fully realised what had happened she was on the floor.

The girl went straight down to the ground and then someone helped her up and a few mins later we all went our seperate ways. As soon as I got home and looked in the mirror I was really shocked that my face is scratched to bits, and this will likely scar up my face permanently.

Now again I'm not a violent person generally and I don't normally hit women at all, but to be honest I'm glad that I decked this crazy female attacker and after seeing the likely permanent damage to my face I'm only sorry I didn't do more damage to her. I know that sounds bad, and thinking about it logically I certainly don't want to be someone who seriously injures a woman but if there had been a mirror in subway and if I had seen the damage to my face I can guarantee that this girl would not have gotten off so lightly....

Anyway for the record she didn't seem to be hurt too bad, not bleeding or any broken nose or anything like that, at most she'll probably bruise. While I'm left with permanent scars on my face, she was trying to claw my left eye out so I have a big mark under it, this bitch was seriously crazy.

So what are your thoughts GAF? Was I wrong/right? Did I hit her too hard? Or not enough damage for what was done to me? I have no idea where this sits on the general scale of morality but to be honest I'm not sorry in the slightest and I think I was 100% in the right to defend myself.

Deadman

You probably shouldnt have "made a few comments" or told her to "shut the fuck up bitch". Then you wouldnt have scars and she wouldnt have a dented face.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Deadman said:
You probably shouldnt have "made a few comments" or told her to "shut the fuck up bitch". Then you wouldnt have scars and she wouldnt have a dented face.

This is why I don't drink.

TheStringTheory said:
You should have beat the shit out of her when she was on the ground. Why didn't you ?

I know you are joking with that response but my intent wasn't to hurt her at all, I was just trying to defend myself from an attack that came out of nowhere, once the attack stopped I had no reason to hurt her anymore.

Like I said I'm not some kind of scumbag who attacks women, but in this case I had to defend myself, as soon as the threat was no longer there I had no reason to hurt the girl I just wanted to stop her from attacking me.

SmokyDave

It's a shame you were dopey enough to call out two pissed up women.

It's a shame you couldn't defend yourself without resorting to punching her.

I'd advise you drink somewhere else for the next couple of weeks. If she calls you out in the club for giving her a black eye, you'll be buried under white knights before you can shout "Wait!".

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Its hard to have sympathy for you when you were very drunk in this situation, and the fact you brought their wrath upon you.

SUPARSTARX said:
Pics? How bad is the damage on your face?

Well I'm not going to post pics, but trust me the damage is pretty bad. My face is almost covered in sudocreme at the moment to try and help it heal faster. I hear once it heal bio-oil can help prevent it from scaring badly so I'll try that.

Chinner

Banned
well if you ladies really want true equality you're gonna have to accept getting punched in the face now and then.

I want to say that before the white knights come in that chivalry is indeed fucking dead, stop resurrecting it. However, I am NOT an advocate of punching anyone unless absolutely necessary... and in this case, I don't think it was.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
TheStringTheory said:
You should have beat the shit out of her when she was on the ground. Why didn't you ?
He didn't want to mess with her BJJ besides he's only good standing so he did the right thing waiting for her to get up, shame the ref called off the match.

Meadows

Banned
Ryujin said:
Well I'm not going to post pics, but trust me the damage is pretty bad. My face is almost covered in sudocreme at the moment to try and help it heal faster. I hear once it heal bio-oil can help prevent it from scaring badly so I'll try that.

I'm gonna call it;

pics or troll

Dabanton

If you had to defend yourself then i see no problem. It's not like you continued punching her while she was on the floor.

As for the rest of your post well...

Facism

To be honest some women are more aggressive then men. Maybe next time she will think twice before mouthing off.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Seems kind of even to me. Both sides were drunk, both sides mouthing off, she attacked you first, you defended yourself. Both end up looking foolish.

<shrugs>

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
people who second guess their own safety will get hurt for it. find me a self defense instructor anywhere who will tell you not to fight back [if you cant get away] purely because your attacker is female.

so once we're passed that white knight shit, it basically just comes down to 'man, my face is scarred and i only socked the asshat responsible'. i understand how you might be peeved if you don't think you gave as good as you got, but self defense is not vindictive. you did the right thing to remove the threat and you did the right thing to not escalate the violence.
good for you.

in the future, try not to pick fights when drunk if walking away is an option.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Atilac said:
She attacked you and you defended yourself... women don't get a free ride with assaulting someone.
See if he was sober and she just started attacking him without provocation id say he has a right to defend himself to the best of his ability. Im sure being sober he wouldnt have flailed around so much and probably would have restrained her before resorting to fisticuffs. No no-one is excusing her but the fact that he was

a) Very Drunk
b) The instigator

Means that he has no real defense here, b caused the incident and a caused his poor handling of it. Im sorry but in this instance the only thing i can say is you clearly are not a good drunk and should have better friends around you to stop you getting so drunk.

Two drunk cunts get hurt. Everybody wins.

No tolerance for loutish behaviour when drunk. My friends and I have heavy nights all the time and never start on people or anything. It's no excuse.

Rad-

Sounds like you just defended yourself, nothing wrong with that. But I'm glad you didn't do anything when she was on the ground, that is always lame and uncalled for.

Though you did run your mouth there. But I know how some girls can be really annoying when drunk and I might have mentioned something similar in the past. :lol

Arjen

I'm sorry but i think you should never punch a woman.
I she was attacking you, you should've try to restrain her.

Foliorum Viridum said:
Two drunk cunts get hurt. Everybody wins.

No tolerance for loutish behaviour when drunk. My friends and I have heavy nights all the time and never start on people or anything. It's no excuse.
This. Seriously. Fighting while drunk is inexcusable.

Meadows said:
I'm gonna call it;

pics or troll

Dude...trust me I don't have a history of trolling and I'm not looking for attention. I just wanted people's honest opinions on this messed up situation. And who would make up a story like this? Or brag about something like this? I mean it's not like I'm trying to get some cool points on GAF or something.

At least it didn't go something like this :O

tskr3.gif

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Arjen said:
I'm sorry but i think you should never punch a woman.
I she was attacking you, you should've try to restrain her.
Fuck that..

Ever tried restraining a cat? Scratches all over.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Mr Cola said:
No no-one is excusing her but the fact that he was

a) Very Drunk
b) The instigator

Means that he has no real defense here, b caused the incident and a caused his poor handling of it. Im sorry but in this instance the only thing i can say is you clearly are not a good drunk and should have better friends around you to stop you getting so drunk.

According to the post, the girls were mouthing off first. Mouthing off to him, however, wasn't stated.

However, the fact she attacked him first puts her very much in the complete wrong.

Slayer-33 said:
Fuck that..

Ever tried restraining a cat? Scratches all over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIoOJKLHeY0

Meadows

Banned
Ryujin said:
Dude...trust me I don't have a history of trolling and I'm not looking for attention. I just wanted people's honest opinions on this messed up situation. And who would make up a story like this? Or brag about something like this? I mean it's not like I'm trying to get some cool points on GAF or something.

maybe you should go ly dow

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Self-defense. Regardless of what was said, whoever physically attacks first is in the wrong and asking for it.

Anyway, get some Maderma or something. Apply a few times a day 'til you heal up and maybe the scarring will be negligible.

Mr Cola

Kintaro said:
According to the post, the girls were mouthing off first. Mouthing off to him, however, wasn't stated.

However, the fact she attacked him first puts her very much in the complete wrong.
I got the impression they were mouthing off to each other

So I'm in the queue waiting to get a sub, a few people in there but it wasn't crazy busy or anything. At the front of the queue 2 girls, probably early 20's were being really loud and mouthing off.

Doesnt say anything about mouthing off to him but i could be wrong.

IF they were mouthing off to him then he should have ignored them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom