• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I was forced to punch a girl in the face last night...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dejay

Banned
I blame the Spice Girls.

Yoboman said:
Pics of your face.

vKK8s.jpg

Nickiepoo

I am pleasantly surprised by the lack of white knights in this thread, given the title (I 'uh-oh'ed as soon as I saw it).

Not saying dude was in the right per-say, but the lack of knee-jerk knighting is nice.

SmokyDave said:
Eh, I was close!

There's something in the UK water supply that turns many of our our women feral when exposed to alcohol.

Ay, 'tis the same the elixir that makes them short of compunction and moist of gusset.

Zeppu

So why again, in a world of gender, race and sexuality equality, is it worse to punch a woman then it is to punch a man again?

Cheerilee

Your chivalry is weak (you're okay with getting drunk and swearing at women, but you draw the line at hitting), and because it was so weak your chivalry was tested and you failed and that bothers you.

I guess you should get some stronger chivalry or just drop the whole thing.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Deadman said:
You probably shouldnt have "made a few comments" or told her to "shut the fuck up bitch". Then you wouldnt have scars and she wouldnt have a dented face.
^ This,

man if you never told her to shut up you wouldnt have those scars and you wouldn't have had to deck a lady

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Imo, you should be sentanced to 18 months in prison for the assault, self defence or not shes a chick.

keyrat

Meh, an unfortunate situation but it seems you were fine to do what you did. I mean, you didn't inflict any real damage and you had to get the girl off you, and it seems it was all in the heat of the moment and not some premeditated knock out.

I wonder what people would think to be worse in this situation: what OP did, or instead pushing the girl away but she cracks her head on the pavement and has to go to the hospital. The latter doesn't really involve hitting or punching, but would result in more injury. Are people just upset it was a punch?

Also, to those who say it's OP's fault for riling her up: give me a break. There's a huge, gigantic, obvious line between words and actions and she crossed it.

FOOTE

keyrat said:
Meh, an unfortunate situation but it seems you were fine to do what you did. I mean, you didn't inflict any real damage and you had to get the girl off you, and it seems it was all in the heat of the moment and not some premeditated knock out.

I wonder what people would think to be worse in this situation: what OP did, or instead pushing the girl away but she cracks her head on the pavement and has to go to the hospital. The latter doesn't really involve hitting or punching, but would result in more injury. Are people just upset it was a punch?

Also, to those who say it's OP's fault for riling her up: give me a break. There's a huge, gigantic, obvious line between words and actions and she crossed it.
yeah, this

Kentpaul said:
Imo, you should be sentanced to 18 months in prison for the assault, self defence or not shes a chick.

You're putting the pussy on the pedestal.

And whatever by the way, if women wanted to be treated equal they can't just go around clawing faces like a bitch with no bounds.

Zomba13

Kentpaul said:
What does being a girl have to do with it? It was ok for her to attack him but not for him to defend/attack back?

sestrugen

I <3 Memes said:
Also, you seem obsessed with your face. Are you a model or something? Or are you some kind of delicate hipster?

:lol

Very surprised at the lack of white knights and :lol @ people being trolled by Kentpaul

Rur0ni

Prophet Steve said:
Exactly. Why shouldn't you comment on obnoxious people? Yeah, sure, it can end bad but if they are annoying a lot of people you should say that to them.
Because folks are pussies. Girl got out of control like that because people have facilitated that behavior.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
You shouldn't interact with loud dumb anybodies.... Girl or guy... I have learned my lesson to just let idiots be idiots... As soon as you felt the urge to say something is when you put yourself into a situation to get your face all fucked up...

keyrat

Zomba13 said:
What does being a girl have to do with it? It was ok for her to attack him but not for him to defend/attack back?

Even though I mostly think that OP is fine to do what he did, the whole situation is ugly.

The reason it's not fine to hit a chick is that they're almost always underpowered compared to men. It's probably right to say that if you have time to assess a situation like this, 90% of the time you will be able to end it without having to punch.

Let's switch out a girl for a 7 year old boy. He starts clawing your face when you're not expecting it, and you freak and swing a punch. Sure, it's somewhat normal that you freak out and swing, but let's not pretend it's some maxim we can set in stone that knocking out 7 year olds who attack you is fine and dandy.

Mohonky

Eh, too many girls think they can get away with physically assaulting a guy and there being no repercussion; if she is going to have a go at you then well, shit happens.

Then again I make a point of avoiding obnoxious drunk fucktards. Where there are drunk people about, I usually avoid.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Clawing the face? Especially near the eyes? If there isn't immediately a couple people trying to pull her off, bitch is going down.

I would never hit a girl™ but if someone goes for your face and you're also drunk, it's instinct at that point.

I mean come on as they're clawing his face what's he meant to do, just sit there and take it? Run around the subway? Come the fuck on. When someone physically attacks you they are basically entering a contract saying "I might get fucked up here"

Again. I would never hit a girl (I would never get in this situation really)

Seriously his only 'crime' was mouthing off to some people who sounded annoying anyway.

It's a tough situation to judge. Personally I've witnesses enough situations to know girls like you've described, that strut around provoking people, do get in your face and threaten you physically. When the guy is bigger than them, why would they be arrogant enough to ger in his face yelling 'what are you gonna do about it'. Is it because they don't think he would hit a woman? Is her sense of courage/stupidity based on a cultural standard? Nonetheless I've seen grown men in situations where their anger clashes with their frustration of realising people are watching and hence may be shocked and appauled if he were to hit her back or even react physically in kind, making her the victim by default. The stand there with a screwed expression of annoyance, look at the ground, look at the girl, then stare her down and walk away.

If in a reaction you hit back, it's understandable and maybe privately people will see it as justified. I think the hesitancy in outlining this as an appropriate and measured response is the fear that it may evoke a new social standard where by there is a condition where it's acceptable to hit a woman, and that without context (like in the OP) it can be dangerous. What's almost for certain is that a bully, I see all unprovoked aggression as bullying, will think twice before physically hitting someone after provoking the situation herself. Having said all of that, and being in fear of contradiction, if this woman is your sister, your wife, your mother or your aunt, you shall not hit back regardless of who started it. Never. But if this is some loose mouth violent stranger on the streets, well, I'd reserve judgement till I know the exact details. I've seen enough guys who go mental when they swing a punch to know that a hit for them would equate to a 5 min beating session

Kentpaul

Zomba13 said:

He punched a girl in the face., yes its ok for the girl to attack him cause the girl is a girl , a man is a man , they are not the same thing.

he is a dirty women beater.

On the surface of things, you have reasonable grounds to allow for self-defense. However, saying "shut the fuck up, bitch" is an idiotic mistake, drunk or sober, especially when aimed at resolutely obnoxious women. And, instead of banging on about it all the time, you may want to see a doctor about your face.

Fair play OP, she went for you first, you did what you had to do. I've never hit a girl but in you shoes I think I would have. Also, I don't think the fact you commented on them is such an issue (assuming that's all you did and didn't insult them) if they did insult you prior to you telling her to "shut the fuck up" I still see no problem, she started it. I see people saying your asking for trouble by commenting on pissed up girls, that assumes all pissed up girls are asses, which they are not. Also, if you went round with that attitude you'd never say boo to anybody for fear of retribution.

Shitty situation to get in to but meh, it's sorted now.

Zinga

Banned
You were out of line with your comments, but she was the one who resorted to violence, and you had every right to defend yourself, so don't feel too bad about it!

Kentpaul

The Op , should have offerd the crazy chick a cigerette as she was racing towards him, they both then could have just chilled on a set of steps , smoking a cigerette into the early hours of the morning.

Dosia

Some girls deserve to be punched in the face. I was at a concert once and a girl with a ring punched my right under my eye bc I stepped on her shoe on accident. I ended up just talking a bunch of shit to her and her trailer trash bf and took my loss considering she was with 4 guys. Had I been alone in an alley with her I would have beat the shit outta her and thrown her in a dumpster.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Meus Renaissance has a great response and Dosia here proves his final point.

Lain

I see nothing wrong with you defending yourself, the attacker being a girl really doesn't matter to me.
You could have avoided it all by not making such comments, but, then again, it's not like making a comment gives the other party a right to resort to violence, so.... you were both wrong, but nothing wrong in defending yourself, be it a man or a woman attacking you.

Zomba13

keyrat said:
Let's switch out a girl for a 7 year old boy. He starts clawing your face when you're not expecting it, and you freak and swing a punch. Sure, it's somewhat normal that you freak out and swing, but let's not pretend it's some maxim we can set in stone that knocking out 7 year olds who attack you is fine and dandy.
7 year old child =/= full grown (I assume if she was drinking and all that) woman.
I don't think it's fair to compare a girl who is old enough to drink to a child. Not all women are small, defenceless little damsels that need protecting. The girl in the OP sure didn't, clawing at the TC's face.

Hitting people is wrong, regardless of gender or age, but sometimes you need to defend yourself. If TC did nothing he'd probably end up a lot worse than some face scratches (I mean, not dead or anything, just deeper, more painful face scratching, maybe damaged eye).

ViolentP

I hope you now realize that sometimes you should simply shut up because some people out there are just plain ignorant. I'm sure she knows this now too.

Kentpaul

Zomba13 said:
7 year old child =/= full grown (I assume if she was drinking and all that) woman.
I don't think it's fair to compare a girl who is old enough to drink to a child. Not all women are small, defenceless little damsels that need protecting. The girl in the OP sure didn't, clawing at the TC's face.

Hitting people is wrong, regardless of gender or age, but sometimes you need to defend yourself. If TC did nothing he'd probably end up a lot worse than some face scratches (I mean, not dead or anything, just deeper, more painful face scratching, maybe damaged eye).

Punching a chick / a weak skinny hipster type guy is wrong no matter what way you look at it, all the girl was doing was scatching. so if the girl had started punching the op would the op have beat her his belt ?

as he now is a women beater. I feel sorry for what ever girlfriend the Op gets, everytime she doesnt do the dishes the op will reach down and start taking out his leather belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom