• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I was forced to punch a girl in the face last night...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mAcOdIn

First off, while I don't think it's "cool" to punch women I'm not opposed to punching women if they attack you so I can't really fault you for that.

That said, I do think it's a good lesson for you as I think it's incredibly stupid to argue with girls in public because it leads to situations where you may have to punch them. For the record, no I haven't hit a girl myself but one day I was walking home from a 24 hour gas station after having picked up some smokes and walked past this stupid 24 hour burger joint we have when someone just started yelling at me hysterically, before I could even make out the voice I just flipped it off from over my shoulder. Oh that girl got pissed, she was so violent that had she gotten free from her boyfriend I would have had to probably punch her. To this day I remain thankful the boyfriend/husband/brother/whatever was there trying to calm her down as opposed to just taking her side despite her being the initial insulter and hope he does well and feel sorry for helping add to what had to have already been a bad day for him. After that I have always ignored crazy women, I don't want to even put myself in the situation where I'd have to fight a woman.

So basically, try your damndest not to add fuel to fires you'd be ashamed to put out.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
This is why equal rights should be implemented on both genders.

No girl, you won't get a seat from me unless you're an elderly.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Mr Cola said:
IF they were mouthing off to him then he should have ignored them.

True, but even if there was an exchange of words, the moment she lunged was the moment she crossed the line.

Perhaps he was just being a dick. Maybe they should have ignored him?

Fact is, she physically attacked him first. At that point, everything else becomes secondary.

Same rules apply if she was a dude.

Hylian7

Regardless of what provoked her to start the fight, you did the right thing to get out of it. Was it really necessary to "make a few comments" and "tell her to shut the fuck up bitch" though? If someone is being a jackass in public I just make fun of them quietly with my friends where they don't notice.

Just to clarify I don't have rage issues and I've never been in a fight when I'm out drinking with anyone male or female.

I probably shouldn't have said anything and If I was sober this likely wouldn't have happened, that is true. However no matter what the situation it doesn't give someone the right to attack you and try to do permanent damage, I mean this girl went for my eye for god sake!

Trick_GSF

Banned
When I was on Holiday when I was about 17 a girl out there who I was also canoodling with at the time beat the shit out of me. We were both smashed out of our trees. I started it by calling her some childish names and she just started slapping and punching me in the face, she'd walk off and I'd start mouthing off again and she'd start beating the fuck out of me.

Didn't hit her back, though I was filled with rage after a while.

Good times.

Ikael

You probably shouldnt have "made a few comments" or told her to "shut the fuck up bitch". Then you wouldnt have scars and she wouldnt have a dented face.

This comment is retarded. Verbal agression never justifies physical agression, much less when both persons are drunk. She started first, his action was justified, as it was based on self defense, genre conventions go to hell.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Kintaro said:
True, but even if there was an exchange of words, the moment she lunged was the moment she crossed the line.

Perhaps he was just being a dick. Maybe they should have ignored him?

Fact is, she physically attacked him first. At that point, everything else becomes secondary.
We have two issues here

The first is the instigation

The Second is the assault

He should not have instigated, responded, prolonged a volatile situation. He was drunk and if this is how he acts when drunk he should consider his future drinking habit. I have no idea if she would have lunged without his provocation, but im guessing its far less likely, so he has to take responsibility for that. Just because we may not be the original instigator doesnt mean we dont have responsibility over our part of the situation, he reacted wrong.

The Assault itself, well its hard to say, i can only answer it two ways. Because he was drunk instinct played a much greater role, attack=defend as best you can, obviously his motor skills were somewhat impaired. Its hard to judge someones behaviour when they are not in complete control of their faculties other to say "you should have been in control of your faculties, that is your irresponsibility that you were not" so really all i can say to him is, dont drink as much.

If he was sober id expect him to assess the situation far better, im sure the instigation would not have taken place and further im sure if she had assaulted him he would have measured the situation accordingly. Is it ok to hit a woman? Well i dont think theres a blakc and white answer to that, there are so many variables. I think the base theory i follow is that, if in the situation that is the only way to protect myself then i dont see a reason why i wouldnt, but its situation dependent. I cant say the OP is a douche all i can say is he is a bad drunk, thats the only value judgement i can make.

SmokyDave

Ikael said:
This comment is retarded. Verbal agression never justifies physical agression, much less when both persons are drunk. She started first, his action was justified, as it was based on self defense, genre conventions go to hell.
But the comment is 100% accurate. If you call out a pair of pissed up, mouthy women, you've got to be pretty stupid (or blind drunk) not to see where it's going to go.

markot said:
You should probably keep up the drinking, it obviously has no adverse affects.

Well just to clarify again, I've never been in a fight while out drinking before, in fact I normally help to prevent fights from happening, although it is true that this wouldn't have happened if I was sober.

Yoboman

Pics of your face. I bet you have some light scratches at worst and you're just trying to justify excessive force

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Ryujin said:
Well just to clarify again, I've never been in a fight while out drinking before, in fact I normally help to prevent fights from happening, although it is true that this wouldn't have happened if I was sober.
Well that doesnt matter so much, you may not typically be this type of drunk but you were this type of drunk this time. A man who beats his wife once may have been drunk but he beat his wife etc. I know thats an extreme example but you dont get a pass because this was the first time it happened. I just think you need some perspective and need to rethink how much you drink and what effects it could have. Even if the only conclusion you come to is "well maybe that was 2 beers too many, ill stop at x next time" then surely its worth it to make sure something like this doesnt happen again?

Monocle

If it played out the way you say it did, you're in the clear. Assault is assault, and you can't be held responsible if your instinctive defensive reaction hurt your attacker, unless you initiated or directly incited the violence.

Yoboman said:
Pics of your face. I bet you have some light scratches at worst and you're just trying to justify excessive force

Was hardly excessive man, I'm not a boxer or anything and I didn't hit her on the ground or do any permanent damage, it was more of a reaction than a planned attack from me.

Yagharek

You had a bad day, you learnt a lesson, so too did the person you punched.

Both of you need to calm the fuck down when drinking.

Gabyskra

Banned
Permanent scratches on your face? Stop pretending you went to war. You don't know what you're talking about. You called someone you didn't know a bitch, it puts you in the very same category as "random obnoxious person met in public".

rezuth

What is up with all these apologies always? Oooh, you can't hit a girl bla bla bla. If a bitch is crazy, she is crazy. Do whatever the fuck you can to take her down.

Luixfern

Verbal aggression never justifies physical aggression. Sure, the whole thing could have been avoided had the OP not opened his mouth. When she put her hands on you, then shes fair game. Step up like a man, get treated like one. Welcome to equality.

Fuck it, you lashed out in self defence. If you carried on after she went down, then yeah, it would have been bad on you.

Secondly, scars from some scratches? Jesus. Man up.

I'm not going to believe she did permanent damage to your face without pics. It would take some pretty serious scratches to be permanent.

Also, you seem obsessed with your face. Are you a model or something? Or are you some kind of delicate hipster?

This is the kind of incident I would have loved to have seen... hilarious

I remember being outside a pub and this drunk skank was having an argument with her boyfriend. She started throwing real haymakers at him and caught him with a few before eventually he caught both of her arms and tried to restrain her. Restrained at the upper body she was trying to butt him and kick him and screaming her head off - she started screaming "HELP!" and people who were standing in the pub doorway just looked at her... she was like "this mans attacking me, help me!" and because they'd seen the whole argument and her attacking him, they just ignored her (dude was lucky there, so many white knights in the world)... anyway, he pushes her away by her arms and just starts walking away. "COME BACK!" - "COME BACK YOU FUCKING DICK HEAD!" -- but the dude keeps walking. Girl crumples to the floor in tears and starts saying "I'm sorry.... I'm SORRY!" -- fucking hilarious.

To whoever commented on Alcohol... yes indeed, thats basically the source of my story and the Op's story.

Don't blame the OP for lashing out in defence tbh.

Gabyskra said:
You don't know what you're talking about.

Sorry man but I think that's you in this situation, seeing as...ya know I was there and all and it is my face I think I may have a tiny idea about the situation

Dennis

Banned
Scars?

Cuts have to be pretty deep to leave scaring. If you had that many deep cuts in your face I am thinking your reaction would be different.

Hard to believe nails would cut that deep.

I <3 Memes said:
I'm not going to believe she did permanent damage to your face without pics. It would take some pretty serious scratches to be permanent.

Also, you seem obsessed with your face. Are you a model or something? Or are you some kind of delicate hipster?

No nothing like that, but I think everyone's face is reasonably important to them because it's the first thing everyone sees when they look at you. The fact that you are trying to make out that I'm obsessed with it seems a bit silly. I mean maybe some of them won't scar at the moment it's hard to tell but my skin tends to scar very easily so at the moment it certainly seems like there will be scars.

That's not to say there will be massive gashes on my face or anything, not like she had a knife, but there will likely be visible marks.

dejay

Banned
DennisK4 said:
Scars?

Cuts have to be pretty deep to leave scaring. If you had that many deep cuts in your face I am thinking your reaction would be different.

Hard to believe nails would cut that deep.

Pretty much my thoughts - I've never seen scratches resulting in scars.

(edit) Sounds like all parties got what they deserved.

man or woman, it is suitable to protect yourself from anyone physically attacking you.

unless she dug out tons of flesh and you were bleeding profusely, i doubt it will scar.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
you mouthed off at them for mouthing off?

maybe you should just shut up next time. let stupid people be stupid.... why say anything?

Scrow said:
you mouthed off at them for mouthing off?

maybe you should just shut up next time. let stupid people be stupid.... why say anything?

I was meaning to ask about this actually... were they abusing the Subway staff?

I think its okay to tell people to shut the fuck up if they're harrassing other innocent people

radioheadrule83 said:
I was meaning to ask about this actually... where they abusing the Subway staff?

I think its okay to tell people to shut the fuck up if they're harrassing other innocent people

Exactly. Why shouldn't you comment on obnoxious people? Yeah, sure, it can end bad but if they are annoying a lot of people you should say that to them.

SmokyDave

OP, this happened in England, didn't it?

I can feel it in my waters.

Prophet Steve said:
Exactly. Why shouldn't you comment on obnoxious people? Yeah, sure, it can end bad but if they are annoying a lot of people you should say that to them.
Read the OP. That's why you don't mouth off at rowdy drunk women. Now you know!

FOOTE

I think you did what you could, so good job.
SmokyDave said:
OP, this happened in England, didn't it?

I can feel it in my waters.
Until I am told otherwise by the OP, that's where I think it took place.

DeSo

Banned
Should have just kept your mouth shut in the first place but you've got a right to defend yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom