• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starbucks got a new logo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshair

Searched and didn't see it posted yet.

d90e4a46265b4a3f949382332ba907d0.jpg

video at link: http://www.starbucks.com/preview

AVclub

This company needs to die. There's no reason why people should be paying $6 for a cup of coffee in this economic environment.

Edit: Is the 1987 mermaid sitting spread-eagle?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
No sir, do not like this AT ALL.

1992 logo needs to stay. It's iconic at this stage. Why do companies feel the need to mess with something that isn't broken in the first place? The internet needs to 'gap' this logo.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Simplifying is fine but I think it'd be better if they kept it brown. Something about the green on white looks "gas station" to me. Either way, they got too expensive for me. I just use my french press at home or settle for cheap coffee if I'm desperate out on the town.

gofreak said:
1992 logo needs to stay. It's iconic at this stage. Why do companies feel the need to mess with something that isn't broken in the first place? The internet needs to 'gap' this logo.
I can understand this position, though. Sure, they had other logos in their history, but that is when they became iconic, and it's best to stick with your icon. This change isn't so bad to me because it is retaining a lot of it in comparison to what some other companies have been doing. For instance, Pepsi needs to go back to their '73 logo and stay there.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Bland. They should just let me use their winter season style cups all year.
AVclub said:
This company needs to die. There's no reason why people should be paying $6 for a cup of coffee in this economic environment.
I pay $2 at Starbucks?

turnbuckle

Don't like it.

AVclub said:

Edit: Is the 1987 mermaid sitting spread-eagle?

I've never seen a $6 coffee from Starbucks. If you get a large specialty drink they can approach or maybe exceed that price depending on the market, but large specialty drinks at many coffee places (chain and not) are generally within the same range. I pay about $2 for a large, black coffee from there. That too is about the same price as the local coffee places and probably in line with other coffee chains.

so basically they get closer to her face every couple of year. So what the next one gonna show the pimples on her face

edit: beaten DAMMIT!!!

Mr. Sam

Was expecting STARBUCKS printed in comic sans or something. What I found really wasn't so bad. I don't go into Starbucks - or any expensive coffee shop - anyway, but I do see them more and more; like that Simpsons episode.

way more

CygnusXS said:
I pay $2 at Starbucks?

And that is cheaper or competitively priced with all indie coffee shops. I'll say it again, if you think Starbucks is too expensive that's because you aren't really a coffee drinker.

On the logo, they are now showing their zionist roots even more by prominently displaying the Jewish Queen Esther. This is all part of their plan.

ultron87

Ya know, I don't think I've ever consciously examined what the picture in the middle of the Starbucks logo was. Apparently it was a mermaid. Weird.

ShinNL

If I didn't see the previous cups, I would never have guessed that the last cup was from Starbucks. I thought the green ring with the text Starbucks Coffee and the 2 stars was the memorable part of their logo. New logo looks less classy.

Koomaster

In 50 years the logo will just be her face, but it will be ultra detailed to rival that of the mona lisa. It will also be in 3D and animated, probably winking at the customer. Perhaps the more expensive drinks will get one where she's blowing a kiss.

Then again, it might be useful for temperature control. When it's hot, she's blowing kisses, but as it cools down she is only winking. Eventually when it gets cold or the drink is gone she'll start frowning, giving the customer almost a begging look to fill her up again.

Chichikov

Doesn't Schultz now sign his name Howard S. so that the people of Seattle won't remember how he fucking stab them in the back?
Or did he always do it?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Curious to see what their retail coffeebean packaging looks like.
I mean, is the mermaid really that iconic that they can drop their name from the logo altogether?

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
mac said:
And that is cheaper or competitively priced with all indie coffee shops. I'll say it again, if you think Starbucks is too expensive that's because you aren't really a coffee drinker.
Well actually I can get a large coffee for a little over $1 at a place at my university. But otherwise, yeah, pretty much.

Koodo

Banned
The logo itself is fine (it's practically the same). My only concern is the change of the colors. The green circle with black in the middle was recognizable. It appears Starbucks is banking on people's recognition of the figure within the logo, and while I would be skeptical, it would be foolish to assume they haven't run countless tests.

But anyway, has anyone noticed that Starbucks probably has the best marketing email system of any company? Every single email from them is about a special time offer or a new reward for card members. That, and actually special announcents like this redesign they sent out to everyone this morning. It makes me feel so warm and fuzzy. ü

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
mac said:

On the logo, they are now showing their zionist roots even more by prominently displaying the Jewish Queen Esther. This is all part of their plan.

Agreed. Also, I usually go to Starbucks for whenever I am having a blended ice coffee craving for they seem to always beat the independent houses in tastiness.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Starbucks is good to get more complex coffees at, something simple like a French Vanilla Coffee you could make at home for far less.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I don't like the change. The 'old' one never seemed dated and i like the contrast of green and black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom