• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starbucks got a new logo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BowieZ

Banned
beelzebozo said:
if you look at the statistics, use of creamer at this particular starbucks is significantly higher than other locations.

draw your own conclusions.
:lol :lol :lol i just spit creamer all over my monitor

Ceres

Banned
mac said:
And that is cheaper or competitively priced with all indie coffee shops. I'll say it again, if you think Starbucks is too expensive that's because you aren't really a coffee drinker.

On the logo, they are now showing their zionist roots even more by prominently displaying the Jewish Queen Esther. This is all part of their plan.

Not really. For that $2 at Starbucks you get 12oz coffee. Most other places you get a 14-16oz coffee. The disparity in the iced coffee is even greater.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
They are still an ok place to work for, but they are started to pay less and treat their employees like shit. In a couple of years they'll probably be paying McDonald wages.

SRG01

okno said:
Yeah, I definitely had fun while I worked for Sbux, but the majority of the time is stressful and just plain awful. The company itself is extremely demanding in several aspects (especially when you climb to Shift Supervisor/Asst. Store Manager/Store Manager/District Manager, etc.), so to have to deal with all of the strict company guidelines while keeping a smile on your face and making sure every mother fucker who walks into your store, no matter how delightful or not they may, leaves happy does not make for a fun time. However, I was lucky and had awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome, AWESOME coworkers and amazing managers. That made it bearable. However, the family vibe can fall apart rapidly as soon as someone leaves the store and somebody else replaces them. The regulars are also always a lot of fun to talk to and fuck around with. It all comes down to where your store is and who you work with, and that determines whether or not you'll have a positive experience or not.

And, yes, I realize that all of this can be said for most any company out there. I'm just sharing a very brief and condensed form of my experience with the company.

Long story short: It's a horrible experience, and I am so, so, so, SO happy I will never be working for them again.

I agree with this entirely. Starbucks was the best job I ever had simply because my co-workers were awesome. However, the corporate culture sucks and fell off a cliff during their massive expansion after '04 or so.

The Starbucks partners/baristas make or break each store. When someone leaves, you often see a few customers leave as well.

Vox-Pop said:
They are still an ok place to work for, but they are started to pay less and treat their employees like shit. In a couple of years they'll probably be paying McDonald wages.

Yes, they pay like shit. Most stores make it up with tips, but it really sucks if your store is in a mall (ie. mall debit card effect).

way more

Ceres said:
Not really. For that $2 at Starbucks you get 12oz coffee. Most other places you get a 14-16oz coffee. The disparity in the iced coffee is even greater.

Maybe where you live. In this hipster/rich town it's the same as or cheaper.

Staccat0 said:
could be. I like starbucks coffee, but I'm not gonna say I have a discerning pallette either.

I do know I did some work for a US Barista Championship event a few years ago and the attendees seemed to universally trash starbucks coffee and throw around the "char-bucks" meme

Anecdotal, but I don't find it hard to believe people would prefer another coffee without the branding and such... just saying.
Either way, I still order starbucks sometimes when I don't make my own because it's usually convenient.

As an avid coffee drink who goes to Starbucks when ever it is the more convenient of places I agree that I would be hard pressed to pick them out of a line up. I'm sure it's just like domestic beers. We all have our preference but when given a blind taste test we can't distinguish our most hated brand from our favorite.

medrew

AVclub said:
This company needs to die. There's no reason why people should be paying $6 for a cup of coffee in this economic environment.

Edit: Is the 1987 mermaid sitting spread-eagle?

If there's no reason for people to pay $6 then they won't. And Starbucks will die (or drop their prices). QED.

I don't exactly understand your point.

Or did I miss something where a gun is being held to peoples' fucking heads?

I don't drink Starbucks (there seems to be too much of an emphasis on flavouring their coffees with all kinds of sugary gimmicks) but I hate people that shit on Starbucks just because it is Starbucks.

The original logo was of a twin tailed siren or some people say a melusine.

This:
siren-book.jpg

was basically one of the answers to this problem:
001bb35c

(How do you have sex with a mermaid?)

Xater

TheWiicast said:
It;s a decent logo but Starbucks is all about the NAME. I'm not sure the logo it's self is that identifiable.

Absolutely agree. I don't drink coffe and what I know about Starbucks is the name in the green ring. I had no idea what the hell was going on in the middle.

mac said:
And that is cheaper or competitively priced with all indie coffee shops. I'll say it again, if you think Starbucks is too expensive that's because you aren't really a coffee drinker.

On the logo, they are now showing their zionist roots even more by prominently displaying the Jewish Queen Esther. This is all part of their plan.

Wow...you guys get raped for coffee.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
AVclub said:
This company needs to die. There's no reason why people should be paying $6 for a cup of coffee in this economic environment.

Edit: Is the 1987 mermaid sitting spread-eagle?

Not everyone likes to drink gass station dark piss. Believe it or not, some people take their coffee seriously and sometimes, starbucks is the only option unless you'll settle for 7-eleven.

otake said:
Not everyone likes to drink gass station dark piss. Believe it or not, some people take their coffee seriously and sometimes, starbucks is the only option unless you'll settle for 7-eleven.

No one who takes their coffee seriously gets it from Starbucks. Make it yourself if it's that serious; Starbucks coffee is consistently and ubiquitously awful.

Manics

Banned
Invisible_Insane said:
No one who takes their coffee seriously gets it from Starbucks. Make it yourself if it's that serious; Starbucks coffee is consistently and ubiquitously awful.

Yeah ok.

way more

bangladesh said:
Hipsters will not like this.
A hipster would not be caught dead in Starbucks. Anything corporate is automatically shunned and derided as inferior.

Invisible_Insane said:

Wakka-wakka, this time for GAF.
starbucks-coffee-logo-history.png

Ceres

Banned
mac said:
Wakka-wakka, this time for GAF.
http://eater.com/uploads/starbucks-coffee-logo-history.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

It's missing a step.

[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/2unyfjk.jpg

TxdoHawk

Amazed how many people hate the new logo. I think it's fantastic and very classy. There's no need for them to print their name on cups at this point, and keeping the now-iconic shade of green was a smart choice.

TxdoHawk said:
Amazed how many people hate the new logo. I think it's fantastic and very classy. There's no need for them to print their name on cups at this point, and keeping the now-iconic shade of green was a smart choice.
Simple people hate anything new or changed.

If Starbucks started with this mermaid logo and added that green border with STARBUCKS COFFEE on it, everyone would lose their shit talking about how bad it is.

Monocle

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
Simple people hate anything new or changed.

If Starbucks started with this mermaid logo and added that green border with STARBUCKS COFFEE on it, everyone would lose their shit talking about how bad it is.
No they wouldn't.

See, my baseless argument is just as convincing as yours!

Sweet, a logo that looks as bad as their coffee tastes. I feel bad for you guys outside of Utah. If you're ever in the Salt Lake Valley, go to Beans and Brews. Best coffee I've ever had.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
-Yeti said:
Sweet, a logo that looks as bad as their coffee tastes. I feel bad for you guys outside of Utah. If you're ever in the Salt Lake Valley, go to Beans and Brews. Best coffee I've ever had.

There is a joke in here somewhere but I can't put my finger on it..

Ceres

Banned
eosos said:
Really??? I can understand the Dreamcast one if you aren't a gamer, but you're on GAF.

Target isn't an international company and I had to think about the Dreamcast logo.

tacotime77

Neo Member
I assume that they assume that people recognize the "queen" of coffee by now. I do, and I don't hardly drink coffee. I'm from the energy drink generation :D

Purkake4

Banned
mac said:
A hipster would not be caught dead in Starbucks. Anything corporate is automatically shunned and derided as inferior.
So what do you call the people who spend the whole day there wearing scarves and writing novels on their Macbooks?

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
GavinGT said:
McDonald's is said to have better regular coffee than Starbuck's.
This. Starbucks is overpriced tar. McDonald's actually has good regular coffee/iced coffee.

However, the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf has some seriously awesome coffee! They wipe it clean over the 'Bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom