• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

bought stuff at sakuracon

2ivlnvt.jpg

Lastblade 2
Berryz Kobo -7 Berryz Times
Exist trace =Twin Gate
SUmmer wars + shirt
K-on vol 1

Gameboy415

Found some decent stuff at the Flea Market(s) a few weeks back:

1104FleaMarket.jpg

Blu-Ray - 30 Days of Night - $5
XBOX - TRON 2.0: Killer App - $5
DS - Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $25 w/Nintendogs
DS - Nintendogs Dalmation and Friends LE - $25 w/Spider-Man
PS2 - Ar Tonelico II LE - in great shape w/all LE extras for only $4!!
After Man: A Zoology of the Future - Amazing book by Dougal Dixon
Paycheck and Other Classic Stories by Philip K. Dick - Found this and the other book @ Half-Price Books
PS1 - Tomba! (Disc-only) - I already have a CIB copy but I couldn't pass on this disc-only copy for $3!

Scored some great Blu-Rays at a closing Borders:

1104Blu.jpg

All the Blus averaged out to about $22 each and I got the two DVDs for free from Disney Movie Rewards.

Got a TON of stuff during Gamestop's B2G2 sale:

1104Games2.jpg

GC - Magical Mirror Starring Mickey Mouse - the last Nintendo-published title I needed for my GC collection :)
GC - Dragon's Lair 3D - I plan to get the trilogy for Wii so I figured it'd be cool to have the whole series playable on one console
GC - SSX: On Tour - mostly got it for the Mario cameos
GC - TMNT 3: Mutant Nightmare - grabbed it as a free game. I'll track down the others eventually.
PS2 - Final Fight: Streetwise - I had actually forgotten about this one but randomly grabbed it as a free game
PS2 - Time Crisis 3 - just need Crisis Zone and I'll have all of em
PS2 - Ninja Assault - a mom was trying to trade this in to Gamestop but they couldn't take it so I offered her $2 which she gladly accepted! :)
PS2 - Deus Ex: The Conspiracy - Grabbed this @ Half-Price Books to play before the new one comes out
XBOX - Deus Ex: Invisible War - ditto^

Went a little crazy with the GBA games:
1104GBA.jpg

I already had the first-party and Square-Enix stuff so I grabbed almost all the SEGA/Capcom/Konami games I missed out on in the past and some hidden gems from WayForward and other developers too.
I won't list out all 50 games but highlights include:
GBA - Boktai 2 - I now have every Boktai game, including the JP-only Boktai 3 and Lunar Knights on DS
GBA - Donkey Kong Country 2 - One of the last 2 first-party games I needed for the collection
GBA - Game & Watch Gallery 4 - The other first-party game I needed
GBA - Shaman King: Master of Spirits 1 & 2 - surprisingly good Castlevania clones from Konami
GBA - Tiny Toons: Scary Dreams - a relatively unknown/rare game developed by Treasure!
DS - Radiant Historia LE - got it for $35 shipped on eBay. I might start this today as I just finished Ghost Trick last night.

A great B2G2 sale, some nice random pick-ups, and a some promising new job opportunities: I had a pretty good Birthday Month! :D

leng jai

Madrical said:
Great album, amazing band. Ordered a new turntable which should arrive soon so I can listen to a few of my PT vinyls.

Lightbulb Sun is my favourite album of theirs. Not a big fan of their new CDs though.

mike23

New computer(s)

i5 2500k
Asus P8P67
8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
Radeon 5850
Corsair 120GB SSD
Fractal Design Define R3 White

ZZCKa.png
qFVuC.png

NvZak.png
M0RuO.png

And the NAS, made from my previous desktop, except I took out the corsair ssd and the video card and added the Hitachi drives. That's why it's so dusty.
Did the best I could with cables, but the Cooler Master case isn't very good for it.

Q6600
6x 3TB Hitachi drives
12 Gigs DDR2
2x 30GB Vertex 2 ssds
Radeon 5450

oYFOU.png

EZVKg.png

Cypher

Ayumi Hamsaki love!

Ayu-mi-x 7: Limited Complete Box Set [4 CDs + 1 Bonus CD + 15 posters]

Released: 4/20/11
Price: ~$135
Available: YesAsia, Play-Asia

Contains:

1. Ayu-mi-x 7 presents: Ayu Trance 4.
2. Ayu-mi-x 7 presents: Ayu-ro mix 4.
3. Ayu-mi-x 7: -version House-.
4. Ayu-mi-x 7: -version Acoustic Orchestra.
5. Ayu-mi-x 7 Bonus Disc: Non-Stop Mega Mix.
6. 15 LP-sized posters of past Ayu-mi-x covers.

DSC01875.jpg

DSC01876.jpg

masterkajo

mike23 said:
New computer

i5 2500k
Asus P8P67
8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
Radeon 5850
Corsair 120GB SSD
Fractal Design Define R3 White
Nice! I update out of necessity recently (mainboard broke) and also went with the i5 2500K and the Asus P8H67 (P67 wouldn't fit in my crappy case). But you beat me with your graphics card (only got 5770) and of course your HDD. Windows 7 gave me a 5.9 (due to the hard drive) but I am totally happy with my setup. It plays SC2 perfectly :)

FloppyDelux said:
bought stuff at sakuracon

2ivlnvt.jpg

Lastblade 2
Berryz Kobo -7 Berryz Times
Exist trace =Twin Gate
SUmmer wars + shirt
K-on vol 1

Is that the US release of K-On? Did they keep the club as the Light Music Club?

Jazzem

Just finishing up a trip to New York (live in the UK), and of course I got some Nintendo World Store swag:

imgp0130f.jpg
(please excuse the bad picture quality)

Was hoping to have Radiant Historia as well, but I couldn't find it anywhere! Every time I asked a Gamestop employee if it was in they'd say no straight away...and then go on to highly recommended the game :p I'd not get round to playing it soon anyway, I'm just worried about it becoming particularly expensive and difficult to find.

LarryButz

Got DQ9 and Kirby from BB easter's sale (thanks to wario) and got bioshock 2 and splatterhouse from Amazon since they were cheap as hell.

DSC01110.jpg

LiK

Gaming PC parts. will build it this weekend. Friday if i'm not tired from work.

Mobo, CPU and RAM
moboramcpu.jpg

GFX card
gtx570.jpg

SSDs and HDDs
hdds.jpg

PSU
psu-1.jpg

Case
case.jpg

LiK

Aruarian Reflection said:
The blue heatsinks of that RAM will match the Mobo very nicely. My build is similar to yours except I got the red Ripjaws since they were on sale.
I got the blue during a sale too. :)

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
LiK said:
I got the blue during a sale too. :)

Curses!!! Although it looks like the blue (DDR3 1600) is inherently $30 more than the red (DDR3 1333). I was gunning for the absolute price vs. performance sweet spot with my build, so oh well. Looking forward to pics of your finished build.

New Kotobukiya Bishoujo Figs:

225295_867147163034_6312708_40959668_3496875_n.jpg

Ms. Marvel.

225223_867148630094_6312708_40959751_682923_n.jpg

Black Cat.

225257_867149987374_6312708_40959842_3578820_n.jpg

Wonder Woman.

230757_867150960424_6312708_40959907_907289_n.jpg

All Three.

229436_867146634094_6312708_40959651_1079324_n.jpg

And one of the coolest things I got:
On the comments section for my order, I asked them if they could draw Wonder Woman riding an invisible jet on the box... and they did! :D

milkham

n8NMONSTER said:
New Kotobukiya Bishoujo Figs:
229436_867146634094_6312708_40959651_1079324_n.jpg

And one of the coolest things I got:
On the comments section for my order, I asked them if they could draw Wonder Woman riding an invisible jet on the box... and they did! :D

haha thats awesome where did you buy from?

rc213

10oo4zm.jpg

PC Upgrade!

Intel Core i5-2500K
Corsair A50 PWM
GigaByte GA-H67M-D2-B3
Corsair XMS3 4GB PC3-10666
Intel GMA HD 3000
Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced
Antec P180/EA650w

104ksx1.jpg

Most are from Bday/Xmas

2niw6mq.jpg

Blu-Rays $5-7 each
PS3 Games through trade

cyclenut

While I wait for Trouble Witches to become available on XBLA, here's something that arrived earlier today which I've been looking forward to since it was first announced:

DSC00245-1.jpg

Only got into these recently but loved the Gameboy one, am currently working my way through, and enjoying, the NES one and can't wait to dive into this :)

Jaroof

Bought Chrono Trigger for DS recently. :D
I was gonna play it, until I remembered that my good friend (who is also a GAFfer) aleczandur89 hadn't played it yet..
I had already lent him my old fat DS, since I have the 3DS now..
So I let him borrow Chrono Trigger.

JustAnotherOtaku said:
While I wait for Trouble Witches to become available on XBLA, here's something that arrived earlier today which I've been looking forward to since it was first announced:

DSC00245-1.jpg

Only got into these recently but loved the Gameboy one, am currently working my way through, and enjoying, the NES one and can't wait to dive into this :)

where do u exactly buy this book?

Mexx

Neo Member
ithorien said:
Oshi, I'm Polish too. Good to see they've caught up with new releases, I remember talking to a friend back in 2006 getting my PS3 and he had to wait a while to get his.
Nice to see some brothers here. ;>

Top Bottom