• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes: Red Zone Edition -- JPN Port of US PS3 No More Heroes

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
http://scrawlfx.com/2011/04/no-more-heroes-red-zone-edition-announced-for-playstation-3

An enhanced version of No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise is coming to PlayStation 3 in Japan. The latest issue of Famitsu has revealed No More Heroes: Red Zone Edition.

Rated CERO Z, it’ll utilize the PlayStation Move controller, add five bosses from No More Heroes 2, ten missions not included in the original Wii version, a boss battle and ranking mode, and a “forbidden view” mode.

We’re assuming Red Zone Edition is the upcoming international version of Heroes’ Paradise localized for Japan. This is because back in November, Konami confirmed the North American version of the game to have extras not included in the original Japanese release, including bosses from No More Heroes 2.

No More Heroes: Red Zone Edition is out on July 21, 2011 in Japan. It’ll go for 3990 yen. The western release of No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise, which includes all the content in the Red Zone Edition, is out for PlayStation 3 this summer.

Do note that this is a Japan-only release as of now.

Salsa

So, No More Heroes 2 aint coming i asume.

Sucks for those with no Wii, this is still cool i guess, although a bit weird.

Takao

Banned
ULTROS! said:
Do note that this is a Japan-only release as of now.

"The western release of No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise, which includes all the content in the Red Zone Edition, is out for PlayStation 3 this summer."

Uhhh... lol

Busaiku

Takao said:
"The western release of No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise, which includes all the content in the Red Zone Edition, is out for PlayStation 3 this summer."

Uhhh... lol
They said that this is what they assume the Western release will be, it hasn't been confirmed.

Jigsaw

Banned
SalsaShark said:

i'm sure it will come,but they won't announce it before nmh1 is released over here

Boney

Banned
SalsaShark said:

they ain't really missing out

except for maybe reaper reaper

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Takao said:

Uhhh... lol

Another site assumes it's the Japanese version of the Western version, it's not fully confirmed yet though

Takao

Banned
Busaiku said:
They said that this is what they assume the Western release will be, it hasn't been confirmed.

Well, it's most likely an accurate assumption. The US release is PS3-only, and will contain Move controls with a release sometime this summer.

AAK

Wait... 5 boss fights from NMH2? So we randomly fight the bosses from those games with no narrative? I'm confused.

and LOL @ 'Forbidden View'. Even skimpier outfits now? Or just more blood & gore.

I'm pretty sure this is just the Western Version released in Japan.

All these additions were said to be in the US release of Paradise.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/113/1130856p1.html

Aside from the side missions, players will also be able to enjoy newly added game modes like "Rebout Mode" where former foes can be challenged again. Also, players will have the opportunity to encounter additional boss characters that were not available in the original episode but will be on the PlayStation 3 version of the game. Additionally, "Viewer Mode" is also available allowing players to re-watch infamous cut scenes in crystal clear HD graphics. With its stunning visuals, additional levels of action, improved AI and an incredible level of control, No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise represents a welcome return for one of gaming's most daring creators.

IrishNinja

Jarmel said:
So when is the USA PS3 version coming out? Same day?

for what it's worth, wiki said 8/31, but recently changed it to Q3 2011.
between this, heavy rain and Child of eden (wait, does that use Move?), id consider grabbing move if it went on sale.

Luigi87

The version made to make you sweat!

redzone.jpg

IrishNinja said:
for what it's worth, wiki said 8/31, but recently changed it to Q3 2011.
between this, heavy rain and Child of eden (wait, does that use Move?), id consider grabbing move if it went on sale.

Scandinavian distributor of Heroes Paradise is saying May 19th here.

Anony

it’ll utilize the PlayStation Move controller, add five bosses from No More Heroes 2, ten missions not included in the original Wii version, a boss battle and ranking mode
i dont understand this?
so it's NMH 1.5 with some extras?
what if they plan on doing NMH2? there's no point
why not just fully put NMH 1 and 2 on a single disc

atleast the PAL cover doesn't have any bullet points on special features beyond the Move-tab:
nmh.jpg

But is there blood in this :E The main reason i didn't want to buy the PAL Wii edition....
(atleast it is K18)

ULTROS!

Tailzo said:
What version is the EU PS3 version going to be based on? zavvi says it will be in stock 20th May 2011.

AFAIK, the 360 JP version has the blood and stuff. So I'm guessing the EU/US version will be getting the 360-fied version + bonus stuff (namely the ones in Red Zone Edition I guess).

Tailzo

ULTROS! said:
AFAIK, the 360 JP version has the blood and stuff. So I'm guessing the EU/US version will be getting the 360-fied version + bonus stuff (namely the ones in Red Zone Edition I guess).
Alright, thanks.

Since I was unsure how the game played, I digged up these commenst:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=23455204&postcount=886

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20812649&postcount=786

I also found screenshoots of the first No More Heroes version for the HD twins:

simjpnomoreheroes0012.jpg

simjpnomoreheroes0011.jpg

simjpnomoreheroes0015.jpg

I picked up the PS3-version last year when I was in Japan.

Trust me. You won't care about Move controls in this game. It will still control clunky. For me it had that Deadly Premonition vibe of being clunky but still loving it because of the whole crazy package. Luckily NMH2 on Wii was a much better product overall.

The cleaner graphics are really appreciated though.

randomwab

I just picked up and have been playing NMH:Heroes' Paradise this past week and loving it. I really do enjoy playing it more with a pad than on the Wiimote, and the higher resolution really shows off high nice some aspects of the graphics are. Will definitely pick either this or the US/UK release up when it hits. I have more than enough time for No More Heroes.

Damn, I bought the first NMH on PS3 last year already...time to triple-dip then! (Wii-PS3-PS3)

I can't pass by an enhanced version of NMH even though I already own 2 versions of it. Too much of a fan to let that happen!

mugwhump

Putting stuff from 2 into NMH 1 is actually a fantastic idea. 1's plot was stronger, and it had that overworld...

They can add bosses without messing up the narrative. If they put in NMH2's music and minigames, it would be absolutely perfect.

SaintZ

Yay! I'll get this and I'm so glad that Alice is in the game. I would have traded Matt Helms for Margaret though.

RPGCrazied said:
Can't wait. Love to play this game in 1080p glory with trophies!

Yeah, you better hope they fixed all the broken shit from the Japanese version.

One of the worst ports of all time, I pray to god someone at Konami cares enough to have gotten at least half the game fixed.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Reluctant-Hero said:
Will it be possible to play NMH:HP with just a dualshock 3? I don't own Move and I doubt I ever will...

Yes. The original 360/PS3 ports were controller only. This re-release of that port just adds the motion controller option that the original release had on Wii to the PS3 version.

randomwab

Matt Helms and Alice Twilight were some of the best bits of NMH2, so I'm glad they're two of the bosses. Wonder how they'll integrate them into the game though.

TheSeks said:
Yes. The original 360/PS3 ports were controller only. This re-release of that port just adds the motion controller option that the original release had on Wii to the PS3 version.
Excellent. I'll pick this up on day one when the NA release drops in August.

Top Bottom