• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita Found On Sony's E3 Site, Now Removed

vireland

Surprised this didn't pop up so far.

vitameatavegamin.jpg

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
"PSVita" doesn't sound bad, whereas Playstation Vita does. They can drop the PlayStation name officially, but still use the initials.

yencid

arnoldocastillo2003 said:
Guys i am from Latinoamerica, i can assure you that PLAYSTATION VITA is an awesome word pronounced in spanish.
im calling it vida anyways. Soon as i saw vita i said fuck it.

Spiegel

More drama:

Two images were initially posted to one of the sites yesterday -- a Blogspot site owned by someone named Hugo Miramontes -- though the shots were later taken down along with the post. In its place, a note now sits, which reads, "This has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever done. I don't know what I was thinking. I'm sorry. I really am." We reached out to Miramontes for comment, and had yet to hear back as of publishing.

A cached version of another now deleted post, which originally indicated just the "PS Vita" name, has comments from the blog's author, explaining that the images are "prepared graphics for E3."

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/29/rumor-ngp-to-be-officially-named-ps-vita-renamed-at-e3/

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Really sorry because he made the whole thing up, or really sorry because Sony Legal is breathing down his neck?

Spiegel

gofreak said:
Really sorry because he made the whole thing up, or really sorry because Sony Legal is breathing down his neck?

Well, I don't think he would delete his blog if it was fake.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Well, that about wraps it up. Vita it is. Interesting--I wonder what in the world made them go with the name.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Wait a minute, I'm a little late to this: the correct pronounciation is "Vyta" (as in Vitamins) not "Veeta"?

So do you guys think it's Veeta or Vyta (as in Vitamins)?

Or do we just have to wait for the Sony rep to pronounce it during E3?

EDIT: Looks like someone beat me to it (kinda).

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Plinko said:
Well, that about wraps it up. Vita it is. Interesting--I wonder what in the world made them go with the name.

Fits the "Ecosystem" meme I guess (lol)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
OneMoreQuestion said:
So do you guys think it's Veeta or Vyta (as in Vitamins)?

Or do we just have to wait for the Sony rep to pronounce it during E3?

The suspense - I can't wait!

Really though, I think it's Veee-ta. As in Ryvita.

Busty

Banned
I actually thought that Sony would go with something non sensical like PSP-HD but PSP Vita sounds okay to me. In fact if you look at the potential portfolio of Playstation products Sony are offering it actually makes sense.

It might actually just show what Sony is thinking regarding naming future consoles ie no number 4 on the next PS home console?

Playstation 3
Playstation Vita
Playstation Suite
Playstation PSP
Playstation 2

Top Bottom