• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Freaks From Outerspace Wii U - CG Trailer, weewoo EARLY FRIGGIN' SCREENS weewo

Amir0x

Banned
screen2.jpg
screen1.jpg

screen3.jpg
screen4.jpg

ok

http://www.alien-conspiracy.com/index2.html

Dystify

Anddd some info about it:

othersteve said:
Some of my notes so far:

• Ubisoft Montpellier -- "Killer Freaks from Outer Space"
• Exclusive for the Wii U
• "Redefining FPS Competitive Multiplayer"
• Little goofy looking alien things eating a human arm; Saw gun slices them apart.
• STORY
• A big wad of pulsating pus has travelled through space and time and has now arrived in London. It is spawning hordes of evil, nasty, flesh-eating freaks. There are a wide variety of said freaks, but the only ones shown today were the little ankle-biting (quite literally) annoying little freaks.
• No one listened to you as you frantically prepared in your paranoia for this inevitable alien war
• CONTROLS
• This is what brings the FPS to the next level.
• Darren Boyd (?) main character. You are a bit obsessed with shooting things, and with all these aliens, it's sort of open season for you.
• Control is slightly buggy in this early state
• He is playing directly on the new Wii U controller screen using the gyro controls. Every movement he makes in real life is translated to the game.
• Looks like it may be tiring. "Spatial gameplay." Clearly this requires a decent amount of radial open space, sort of like with Kinect or the 3DS AR stuff.
• "More Immersion through controls."
• Accelerometer feature moves the character much faster if your movements indicate the need to do so automatically. This makes 180-degree turns much more reasonable.
• Jetpack + guns, controllable only because of the new controller's flexibility in design.
• Two aliens kinkily spanking one another in the back of one building, lol.
• A new way of playing FPS. More accuracy when needed and more immersion.
• Now, we will see another way to play.
• 1 vs 1, local multiplayer
• One of the two showcasers is playing with a Classic Controller.
• "Real-time enemy director"
• Player 1 is playing a classic FPS game style. Nothing's there for him to shoot, however, until player 2 moves around in a top-down view of the battlefield (zooming in and out, etc.)--who plays as an alien commander--sets out to eradicate the human race by placing hordes of enemies to try and stop the player. Select a freak on the left side of the screen and set it to send it at the opponent. As Player 1 deals with the chaos Player 2 has created, 2 can watch all of the action from his top-down tactical perspective.
• Deeper -- New fun with the new controller (gyro, accelerometer); spatial gameplay
• Wider -- Real-Time Enemy Director (RED) system
• Marc Paranteau (?) from Quebec -- Assassin's Creed
• Expand the franchise and add new features that can only happen on this console.
• Powerful multi-core architecture and large memory capacity are perfect for the AC development team.
• New console fully supports graphical shaders. Compatibility with their engine and assets as a result, so reusal of assets is possible.
• Experimenting with controller:
○ Persistent on-screen map
○ Interactive Database
○ Fast weapon selection
○ Alternative puzzle
○ Eagle vision/sense
• Developers will experience immediate familiarity with APIs
• "This is just the beginning." Dedicated team working hard to ensure the AC experience is optimal on this console.

Thanks to othersteve.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Why do companies insist on making games no one wants on Nintendo systems?

Looks good graphically, but I have like....zero interest in the premise.

That CG trailer is what Wii U should have been capable of, though admittedly those screens are a bit small to pass any kind of judgement on...

thetrin said:

Um maybe Nintendo wants people who want games like this?

Mafro

Getting a Critters vibe from that trailer. No doubt everyone will miss the "early version" on those screens and shit on the game anyway.

thetrin said:

actually it's like pretty shit

Amir0x

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
Yea........no.

I hate these half baked reveals.

This game was way too early to reveal. It doesn't even look particularly good for a PS360 game, let alone for a Wii U which is more powerful than either.

And the concept just sounds gimmicky for no reason. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd actually rather use a pointer than the concept they have up currently.

MikeE21286 said:
actually it's like pretty shit for even Wii

Stop trolling. This looks better than a Wii game

Amir0x

Banned
MikeE21286 said:
Ahh...caught my stealth edit.

Yeah it looks better than a Wii game, but cmon, looks bad for a PS3/360 game

I agree but don't use this as an excuse to troll Wii U. It's just too early in development and clearly they shouldn't have shown it

Amir0x said:
I agree but don't use this as an excuse to troll Wii U. It's just too early in development and clearly they shouldn't have shown it

That's fair. I'll agree that they shouldn't have shown it.

The bar for Wii U at least has to be PS3/360 though. Probably just a bad game.

Codeblue

Not really interested in more FPS games. It's a unique concept, but I'm pretty tired of the genre as a whole at this point. Maybe unique controls will make it feel fresh.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Amir0x said:
This game was way too early to reveal. It doesn't even look particularly good for a PS360 game, let alone for a Wii U which is more powerful than either.
Its a Ubi exclusive for an unreleased Nintendo platform, why expect an AAA project? I doubt it will look any better finished than it does now. Granted we don't know much about it, the giant boss screen could hint to some good shit, but from all we know it sounds like a quick small scale project to me. It could have been an XBLA FPS port, lol.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd actually rather use a pointer than the concept they have up currently.
Of course, pointer rocks. Journalists should have asked if you could play with Wiimote + nunchuck or Wiimote + tablet but only cared about CC...

freddy

Banned
So this game can only be played by looking at the controller screen unless you are playing in vs mode which lets another player look at the TV, right?

wrowa

Looks like a super-early prototype, but the B-movie premise is awesome. Ubisoft Montpeliier's also a rather good studio even though Ancel's not the one directing it.

How it controls remains to be seen, but I'm not passing my judgement just yet.

Jin34

Amir0x said:

Well this is why Nintendo didn't want people to grab footage from the roundtable, but leaks from Ubisoft shouldn't be surprising at this point. On the bright side of all the trolling this will get perhaps it makes Nintendo open up quicker about the system's capabilities just so they shut people up.

ivysaur12

Banned
Gremlin Rabbids look interesting. I'll wait for more trailers and stuff from when it's not over a year away from the release date on pre-release dev-kits.

Amir0x

Banned
Alextended said:
Its a Ubi exclusive for an unreleased Nintendo platform, why expect an AAA project? I doubt it will look any better finished than it does now.

Ubisoft makes tons of great games; and Montpelier is a good Ubisoft team. There's no reason not to at least be optimistic you'd get a good game from them.

This is just underwhelming. The concept sounds like a pointless gimmick, and it's not ready visually to be shown for primetime

Ulairi

Banned
I think it's a mistake to show this stuff too early. Nintendo shouldn't want to make a bad first impression and I think most people would be OK being told that the system is more than one year away from release and they aren't ready to show games yet.

MikeE21286 said:
That's fair. I'll agree that they shouldn't have shown it.

The bar for Wii U at least has to be PS3/360 though. Probably just a bad game.

The bar for me is a great looking game.

I'm sure it has a chance to be that when it's done.

The only time I care about comparisons is if it impacts the system's longevity and that is unknown.

Ubisoft needs to quietly license the Killer Klowns from OUter Space, and then insert them in a secret level hidden inside this game.

Someone post a zelda HD screen before this turns into a power debate

Anyway, i like idea. It looks cartoony but crazy violent. I like that approach. Kinda like borderlands but with out that artstyle.

Jangocube

Banned
ivysaur12 said:
Gremlin Rabbids look interesting. I'll wait for more trailers and stuff from when it's not over a year away from the release date on pre-release dev-kits.

Yeah, the Gremlin things are kind of creepy. The game looks ok for being so early.

Top Bottom