• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Freaks From Outerspace Wii U - CG Trailer, weewoo EARLY FRIGGIN' SCREENS weewo

Penguin

More interested in the Vs mode.

They could expand that locally (and online) to having one player be like the AI director and 4 people playing it like a normal FPS.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
screen4.jpg

This screenshot is impressive imo. If a PS360 game produced this kind of fog, I clearly missed it.

Amir0x said:
I agree but don't use this as an excuse to troll Wii U. It's just too early in development and clearly they shouldn't have shown it

I think too early to reveal goes for the entire Wii U showing.

Amir0x said:
Ubisoft makes tons of great games; and Montpelier is a good Ubisoft team. There's no reason not to at least be optimistic you'd get a good game from them.

This is just underwhelming. The concept sounds like a pointless gimmick, and it's not ready visually to be shown for primetime

Ami, I hold you in high regard and love reading all of your posts, but how in the heck is this a gimmick? They showed off multiplayer, and atleast conceptually it sounded amazing. Meh, to each their own.

Sydle

Love the vibe from the trailer and the screenshoots look good. The saw-blade/richochet gun reminded of something from Ratchet & Clank. Color me interested.

Amir0x

Banned
Vic said:
screen4.jpg

This screenshot is impressive imo. If a PS360 game produced this kind of fog, I clearly missed it.

yup you did. That fog isn't even particularly impressive at all. Alan Wake has fog that is demonstratively better.

heringer

How does that look bad for a 360 game? It looks like a good looking 360 game (still a 360 game though) to me, specially the lightining. smh

Amir0x

Banned
DarthButcher said:
Ami, I hold you in high regard and love reading all of your posts, but how in the heck is this a gimmick? They showed off multiplayer, and atleast conceptually it sounded amazing. Meh, to each their own.

I mean the idea of spinning about in real world to aim and shit. It's a pointless distraction and less efficient then just having the pointer or analog controls. The game itself I have no real opinion on, but it doesn't seem particularly inspired. The multiplayer didn't seem like a special feature either.

The multiplayer aspect actually has me really intrigued. Imagine the possibilities of something like that for online multiplayer in a game like Call of Duty, where people using classic controllers are the soldiers fighting on the ground, and a few people for each team using Wii U remotes are the generals, setting waypoints, calling in air strikes, ammo drops, etc.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Amir0x said:
yup you did. That fog isn't even particularly impressive at all. Alan Wake has fog that is demonstratively better.
Interesting.

Uchip

Banned
Paco said:
Love the vibe from the trailer and the screenshoots look good. The saw-blade/richochet gun reminded of something from Ratchet & Clank. Color me interested.

More like
Ripper.jpg

Kozak

Banned
Alextended said:
Its a Ubi exclusive for an unreleased Nintendo platform, why expect an AAA project? I doubt it will look any better finished than it does now. Granted we don't know much about it, the giant boss screen could hint to some good shit, but from all we know it sounds like a quick small scale project to me. It could have been an XBLA FPS port, lol.

Cause they have provided AAA projects to Nintendo in the past?

Its easy to dick on Ubisoft but they weren't exactly harsh to the Wii at all.

They did give Wii RS2

red-steel-2rs2s013lightslash225331718137444.jpg

totowhoa

Banned
I'm down with point-based shooting and a B-movie concept done well.

This looks early though... I guess if the premise turns you off there's probably little hope, but I like it. I'm not putting much stock in it, though, until I hear some positive impressions and the visuals improve. Also need impressions on different control methods....

Slayven

The controls sound like an asswhip . Like I am playing on the controller, but I have to standup and turn around and shit.

Ulairi

Banned
Amir0x said:
I mean the idea of spinning about in real world to aim and shit. It's a pointless distraction and less efficient then just having the pointer or analog controls. The game itself I have no real opinion on, but it doesn't seem particularly inspired. The multiplayer didn't seem like a special feature either.

I think it's hard to judge a game from some live blogs of these sort of Q&A's, especially on something so early that it shouldn't have been shown. This is Nintendo and Ubi Softs damn fault for showing something that isn't ready that we make these judgements. It's just stupid to show something like this when it's going to give these types of first impressions. I'm not going to be nearly as interested in this next E3 than if they just would have shown it off when the damn thing was ready.

I want to see direct feed screens, but at the very least I like the creature designs a lot. I hate reveal trailers that don't show gameplay though.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
So in exchange for giving them early access that resulted in Ubi leaking Wii U details months in advance and hurting Nintendo's stock price, they get Killer Freaks for launch. Worthy trade?

Truth101

Banned
Krev said:
So in exchange for giving them early access that resulted in Ubi leaking Wii U details months in advance and hurting Nintendo's stock price, they get Killer Freaks for launch. Worthy trade?

Yes because they have shown all the games they plan to release on the Wii U at this years E3, let us just forget we're going to have another E3 next-year before the system launches.

Ghost23

I just want to point out that this game is for a console that comes out in a year, so this should be considered a pretty early build. Also, for a probable launch title, this game looks fantastic! Look back at the 360's launch lineup. Perfect Dark did not look like GOW. It will take time to discover the full potential of the system.

TunaLover

I can imagine Ubisoft creative roundtable for this game:
guy1: Nintendo wants harcores back
guy2: let's put alot of blood, weapons, and pesky main character
guy1: don't forget include Rabbid like creatures, Nintendo audience love Rabbids

antonz

For those of us who understand the development cycle. As early as this game is its not looking bad.

It backfires of course for 2/3 of people who are ignorant of development cycles

Amir0x

Banned
Gamer @ Heart said:
Its a screen shot. Ami's post means nothing. Its stupid to compare the two.

Thats said, Alan wake does have great fog. Maybe too much at times. :p

it's stupid to compare the two because this game is clearly way early; but it's obvious from the screen that Alan Wake has fog as good or better. So i was just clarifying Vic's obvious reaching commentary there

Truth101

Banned
FuzzyNorman said:
I just want to point out that this game is for a console that comes out in a year, so this should be considered a pretty early build. Also, for a probable launch title, this game looks fantastic! Look back at the 360's launch lineup. Perfect Dark did not look like GOW. It will take time to discover the full potential of the system.

It literally has Early Version stamped right across it.

Top Bottom