• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread of Brains Beware: Wii U Re-Unveiling At E3 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

With the way the Wii is just haphazardly set up, how funny would it be if the "behind closed doors" showing was just Reggie comes out, turns on the Wii U, inserts a disc, and the intro screen for Pikmin 3 pops up. He then just starts playing. Completely silent, answers no questions, and just plays the game in front of the audience for an hour then walks out.

Do it Reggie.

Maxrunner

ag5GV.gif

DAT TV

What's that hilarious face from?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Dunno about the volume of the thing, but the WiiU is one well-ventilated piece of electronics.

I am gonna fuck myself and post it on youtube and insult mods here and get banned if they don't show anything new on CES, fucking sure they will not show 'just' e3 stuff; it will be worse than showing nothing at all; much worse than a behind the curtains show (kidding, won't do any of those, but I mean they should show something, right?)

edit: also holy cow at that TV, it looks stunning

BurntPork

Banned
well there's no way to know that really, but there are cables coming out of the console to god knows were.

And is that a sensor bar I see in front of the tv?

I'm probably with you though, I don't think what's on the tv is coming from the wii u.

I only see the controller cable.

Rolf NB

I'm sorry, but on what authority are you saying this? Wifi based hardware is way more complicated, expensive and power demanding than what is strictly necessary to get video streaming done. It will also definitely not conform to Wifi requirements to evade interference with regular networks.
I'm making a prediction based on minimum cost and hassle to get the job done. And Wifi networks are in fact perfectly capable on evading neighbour Wifi networks. That's just another advantage they have over proprietary stuff.

Hmmm, a city. Could be a new F-Zero game. But it looks pretty normal compared to Mute City for example.

I doubt it's anything important, likely to be a screensaver/demo for the TV if anything.
And yeah, if it's anything relevant, it's not F-ZERO. Not techy enough.

I'm saying it's a photo for now, just displayed on the TV.

The guy looks like its going to die from fatigue...lolol

just where is this gif from???

What's that hilarious face from?

Peter Kay is his name.

wow wow wow wow!!!! YESSSS! It is actually going to be shown at CES, HELL YESSS!

We knew it'd be shown for a long while, but nothing new is being announced.

I'm pretty sure that they just took the E3 units to CES.

Yeah, of course: next E3 units will be different, just a shame we don't get to see anything new.

guek

Banned
I dare say though that us starved mongrels will cling to whatever vague comments are made and endlessly speculate in a vain attempt to satiate our info-lust until GDC

So how many years until a OLED TV like that is priced for the average joe do you think? 5?

I want it so badly.

Oh and is just me or is there some shape reflected in the sky behind the city?

guek

Banned
It'd actually be a pretty brilliant move to have tech demos running on ultra high performance jizz-in-your-pants tvs

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Wasn't there a behind-the-doors tech-demo @E3 where you could walk around in Tokyo? I don't know Tokyo's Skyline, may it be it?

That's what I figured, that it was the Tokyo driving tech demo they showed behind closed doors at E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom