• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread of Brains Beware: Wii U Re-Unveiling At E3 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

qq more

The City is obviously a preview of Sonic Generations' sequel. Instead of 4 cities, the entire game is a city!

Iwata: (laughs)
Iizuka: (laughs)

You are all wrong. It´s obviously Link in the City

Taking it literally

Proton_Swordsman_by_LonesomeFaery.jpg

Lmao.

Wii U is there because a lot of the people they want to see Wii U will be there anyway so it just makes it convenient for Nintendo to demo Wii U to them all in one place and at one time.

Probably.

antonz

Its actually a pretty strategic thing if they are going to use the LG booth and particularly their new OLED TVs to demo at CES.

The TVs are likely to be one of the big talks of the show and what better way to ride the wave then to demo Wii U stuff on those TVs.

IrishNinja

New Pork City for Super Smash Bros: U

...dont tease

Make it big and put a handle on it.

this guy; he just gets it

Jesus christ the wii-u looks long as fuck. Maybe just the angle.

that was my first thought too - so width of the wii, but quite a bit longer? looks interesting.

Is that the Nakatomi Plaza building? This could be a trailer for Animal Crossing: Die Hard.

worlds collide

Nintendo should throw a bone to Sakaguchi for the wii-u, I feel so bad for the guy, and the worst part is he still has skills! Anyone know what's going on with him? Was his partnership with Nintendo just the one game? I really hope not.

Also it's funny that "Wii-U is going to be at CES" equated to the console literally being there, just randomly sitting on a table...

so far.

Nintendo should throw a bone to Sakaguchi for the wii-u, I feel so bad for the guy, and the worst part is he still has skills! Anyone know what's going on with him? Was his partnership with Nintendo just the one game? I really hope not.

Also it's funny that "Wii-U is going to be at CES" equated to the console literally being there, just randomly sitting on a table...

so far.

Since the day it was announced that the Wii U would be at CES, we've known nothing would come from it.
They said it was simply a reshowing of their E3 stuff. Nothing new.

Log4Girlz

Ok Wii-U needs to advertise Netflix on the box, throw in some Open Office and a cool paint program inside. Make it a little more computer like to entice ignorant adults into buying it for the family.

If Nintendo can't rationalize a heavy inclusion of media functionality for a tablet controller, then all hope is lost for Nintendo consoles to have multi-functionality. A tablet controller would certainly be a much better fit for this stuff than navigating menus and screens with a traditional controller or Wiimote. If the tech and memory is there to support it, there's no excuse not to embrace it other than pure cheapness.

If Nintendo can't rationalize a heavy inclusion of media functionality for a tablet controller, then all hope is lost for Nintendo consoles to have mufti-functionality. A tablet controller would certainly be a much better fit for this stuff than navigating menus and screens with a traditional controller or Wiimote. If the tech and memory is there to support it, there's no excuse not to embrace it other than pure cheapness.

Like...

Opening their own APP store?

Oh hey

Supposedly overheard at CES: Nintendo and Netflix are trying to deal with content providers over the ability to stream to the tablet. Some of them are insisting that Netflix pay a bigger fee for the content because it is both a portable console and a home console and "the controller is not a TV."

Oh hey

Supposedly overheard at CES: Nintendo and Netflix are trying to deal with content providers over the ability to stream to the tablet. Some of them are insisting that Netflix pay a bigger fee for the content because it is both a portable console and a home console and "the controller is not a TV."

I hate capitalism sometimes...

Lenardo

Banned
but the wiiu tablet is not a portable console- it WILL not work without the wiiu unit- period end of discussion. For the purposes of netflix, the display on the wiiu controller is....a monitor that is displaying the output of the wiiu console.

BurntPork

Banned
Oh hey

I literally facepalm'd.

Hiltz

This is Nintendo we are talking about here. For better or worse, they like to operate differently from other companies. The results are usually success but at a price.

That's a good step 1, I like what I see. But I want to see a full seamless games/OS/internet/online infusion into the tablet with fast loading and tons of options. If they want to really catch the eye of the buying public a mindblowing wealth of user options for the tablet that is seamless and in demand would be most appealing.

I'd also vote for Nintendo to create their own video/screen capture feature into the Wii U, and link it directly to online accounts. Sort of a gaming DVR vid capture feature.

That's a good step 1, I like what I see. But I want to see a full seamless games/OS/internet/online infusion into the tablet with fast loading and tons of options. If they want to really catch the eye of the buying public a mindblowing wealth of user options for the tablet that is seamless and in demand would be most appealing.

I'd also vote for Nintendo to create their own video/screen capture feature into the Wii U, and link it directly to online accounts. Sort of a gaming DVR vid capture feature.

Well, seamless OS/Internet should be doable, since you can already do that on the 3DS.
As well as video recording (also on the 3DS) and we've seen video chatting at E3.

Hiltz

This is one of things I want to be excited about but at the same time, I'm concerned Nintendo is going to half-ass. They'll add stuff just to have it but they won't care to support it enough in the long run or attempt to make it the best, even by console standards. Maybe the Nintendo of next-gen will change that but I remain skeptical.

This is one of things I want to be excited about but at the same time, I'm concerned Nintendo is going to half-ass. They'll add stuff just to have it but they won't care to support it enough in the long run or attempt to make it the best, even by console standards. Maybe the Nintendo of next-gen will change that, but I remain skeptical.

Nintendo has been pretty good at keeping Nintendo Video well supplied.

Hiltz

Nintendo has been pretty good at keeping Nintendo Video well supplied.

That is true. It's just that my expectations are low when I hear something like Nintendo's going to have a full-fledged app store on its next home console. . With that said, I do think Nintendo appears to be taking steps in the right direction with its online service on the 3DS, even though there's obvious room for improvement. Of course, the console is in its infancy and we'll be in a better position to judge Nintendo's efforts on it a year from now.

The reason why the app store is a perceived disappointment is because when we hear the words 'app store' we think of Apple's app store. And lets face it, Nintendo's won't be anything remotely close to that.

watershed

Banned
The reason why the app store is a perceived disappointment is because when we hear the words 'app store' we think of Apple's app store. And lets face it, Nintendo's won't be anything remotely close to that.

I feel confident in predicting that no non-gaming feature of the wii u will rival what's available on the ipad or iphone. Its just not Nintendo's forte. But I'm okay with that as long as they keep making great games.

I feel confident in predicting that no non-gaming feature of the wii u will rival what's available on the ipad or iphone. Its just not Nintendo's forte. But I'm okay with that as long as they keep making great games.
Word, app store shmapp store, if it comes it comes if it's decent it's decent but I don't expect any of it. What I do expect is games. Lots and lots of games.

Terrell

From the quote it just sounds like a WLAN adapter change, not getting hyped.

Someone get me hyped about this please. :lol

It's listed as WLAN because it's a telecom license website and is only interested in the com tech that requires regulation compliance.

So... hype away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom