• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread of Brains Beware: Wii U Re-Unveiling At E3 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the LG OLEDs on display have anything hooked up to them, guys. LG is apparently managing the shots of the TVs so they appear super-thin with no ugly wires out the back.

DSC_3112-1000px_gallery_post.jpg

It seems likely that the Wii U is there to be connected later or playable without using the TV.

[Nintex]

Remember this picture well because this is the kind of shit that gets photoshopped right before E3 with Metroid pictures to fool us.

[Nintex]

I can only imagine one Nintendo employee grabbed that thing and took it to the LG booth to see how it will look on the best TV tech available atm

but who knows. that's really strange
smh

A little tease I guess, Samsung was heavily in bed with Microsoft for the Xbox 360 promotions(they even help fund Rare apparently) and Sony has their own line of TV's to advertise. Although I thought Nintendo was always part of the Panasonic club.

[Nintex];34127491 said:
A little tease I guess, Samsung was heavily in bed with Microsoft for the Xbox 360 promotions(they even help fund Rare apparently) and Sony has their own line of TV's to advertise. Although I thought Nintendo was always part of the Panasonic club.

that is what bugs me Nintendo is a Panasonic fanboy

unless the uPad has LG screens now

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
[Nintex];34127302 said:
Remember this picture well because this is the kind of shit that gets photoshopped right before E3 with Metroid pictures to fool us.
Are you suggesting that is not a metroid picture?

[Nintex];34127491 said:

Panasonic? I thought Nintendo is and has always been in bed with sharp.
They have Sharp TVs at their Wii booths afair.
Also the TV with the built-in Super Famicom was a Sharp (and before that they had a famicom-TV as well, if I remember correctly)

They made that weird hybrid GameCube with DVD support.

Yeah Panasonic = Matsushita, they did the drives for both the Gamecube and the Wii, and probably Wii-U too -- they also founded the SD Card Association, which is probably in large part why Nintendo backed SD cards so heavily. I would expect that we'll continue seeing Panasonic tie ins, but if LG have got the hottest new shit at CES (gorgeous $8k OLED TVs) they'd be mad not to put Wii-U nearby really... if there is a new relationship between LG and Nintendo, that'd be interesting.

Coolwhip

Banned
The last few pages are filled with innuendo's.

Here's hoping we get something new at CES. I would find it very odd if exactly the same was shown. 6 months ago Nintendo admitted they presented the WiiU wrong, why would they do it again after they had 6 months to continue develop the system and the marketing?

WillyFive

It's obvious the Wii U and the TV are not connected, unless there is a Good Morning America game I don't know about.

With the way the Wii is just haphazardly set up, how funny would it be if the "behind closed doors" showing was just Reggie comes out, turns on the Wii U, inserts a disc, and the intro screen for Pikmin 3 pops up. He then just starts playing. Completely silent, answers no questions, and just plays the game in front of the audience for an hour then walks out.

Do it Reggie.

That would be boss, but Reggie was nerfed when he became President.

guek

Banned
Why would they even bother then? And the CES is a huge event, maybe not for gamers directly but it gets a lot of press.

That is a good question.

CES is indeed a huge event, but like you said, it's not that important for gamers. It might have been beneficial if they had a tech-related blowout of the Wii U and hyped up its capabilities rather than say things like launch lineup or upcoming games, but all signs point to this being more or less a throwaway showing.

KrawlMan

That is a good question.

CES is indeed a huge event, but like you said, it's not that important for gamers. It might have been beneficial if they had a tech-related blowout of the Wii U and hyped up its capabilities rather than say things like launch lineup or upcoming games, but all signs point to this being more or less a throwaway showing.

Kinda far-fetched, but might it be possible that Nintendo is simply there to make sure Microsoft or Sony don't completely overshadow them with a potential console announcement of their own? I'm assuming significant news on the console will only come out if they feel the need to reveal it, otherwise we wait until E3.

BowieZ

Banned
This is the perfect place to show off image fidelity (like a glimpse of HD Mario). They don't need to unveil changes in function or design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom