• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Hi GAF! My account was recently activated and this has always been one of my favorite threads to peruse as a lurker. So it's great to finally be able to post. Here are some pickups for the month. (iPhone 4 pics - beware)

tFMDpl.jpg

New games. Loving Infamous 2. Haven't gotten far in Alice yet. I can't resist the gorgeous and trippy environments so I bought it on a whim.

mPBSZl.jpg

Loved the anime, so found this set (missing a few of the series unfortunately) at a bookstore where you can buy/trade.

NsQhyl.jpg

Also picked these up from the same store. I don't particularly like the Punisher or Swordfish, but I'm a big fan of Hugh Jackman and Tom Jane. I had to use the store credit anyway because soon I will be moving to Los Angeles, which leads to the...

6wdODl.jpg

New suit from H&M for the 4 interviews I have scheduled in LA next week. I'm hoping to have a few more scheduled before I fly out there.

TujOYl.jpg

This shows the vest which I adore on the inside. Also dig the tie.

Df1zwl.jpg

And finally, a review book for critical care registered nurse certification. Studying in 3, 2, 1...

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
5898726907_b36f43f43b_z.jpg

Went to Blockbuster; took advantage of their Buy One Get One Free. Traded the two games into Best Buy. Then grabbed a copy off their shelf, and proceeded to check out where I pricematched KMart's $29.99 sale price.

Cost me $10 and about five extra minutes of my time.

CoachKevin said:
Markus Chair from ikea. Amazing chair for $200. Worth every penny (and a trip to the hell that is ikea).

Weekdays, early in the morning is the key. You can also get that killer breakfast while you wait for them to open.

bender

What time is it?
I picked up the copies of EDF yesterday. The rest is from a quick tour of the three cloesest Goodwill stores in my area. F-Zero is sealed. Not a bad haul for $11.

uLkrR.jpg

naoki5001

AgentOtaku said:
You think the paint and decals are necessary?
The decals that came with the Rockman kits were pretty terrible and fell off quickly =(

The decals that go on the wings look really nice, but I think I will mess up the application process. The paint, I can do without, this thing took a lot of time to build, I wanted to hurry, but some parts require bond to put pieces together. I had to go and buy model super glue. Those white spines on the guns and the grey spines on the wings, I chose to fasten on using super glue, they are not strongly fastened by locking in place alone.

I didn't bother with the E-tank decal on the Kotobukiya kit.

moop2000 said:
Do you have the Kotobukiya Mega Man's too?

I do have Kotobukiya Megaman. But not Roll or Protoman.

LiK said:
my Ikaruga kit just arrived yesterday. thanks for the pics. doesn't even look like i really need to add decals. it looks great already

It's a fine kit. A little tricky for me, I haven't built a model kit since Kotobukiya Rockman and that one was pretty simple. I did use a lot of super glue on parts that don't need to move or pivot. Worth the money I paid on amazon. It was marked down quite a bit from the suggested price.

Scythian

Sagitario said:
Hehehe... Gamerush/Blockbuster... it has been a while since I bought anything there.
Where did you get JC2?

That's like... $32 dollars :p

Walmart
Unfortunately, it's the cheapest around here (That I know of)

Some New Blu-rays:

263566_924918129554_6312708_41528867_6012282_n.jpg

Queen's Blade + High School of the Dead.

269537_924917845124_6312708_41528864_2667047_n.jpg

Sucker Punch + The King of Eden.

264903_924917430954_6312708_41528853_6115939_n.jpg

The Lord of the Rings + Pre-Order Bonus.

pahamrick

33ayqyr.jpg

First batch of PS3 games. Thankfully God of War 3 didn't get shipped by Amazon as it got back ordered, so I was able to cancel and get it for $15 from Gamestop.

CaseyTappy said:
Very nice , what boards do you have ?
I see one SH3 .

hey mate

I got Ibara and Mushihime Futari 1.5. Next month im getting Espagaluda and DoDonPachi. ive got quite a few other cave games but all on 360.

Its very difficult to get these things in Dubai but i love them. the difference between playing on 360 vs the supergun is amazing..it just seems so much more responsive on the PCB setup.

Got some of these recently.

zn1s1k.jpg

25u093p.jpg

new sticks
200164_10150132186304512_516899511_6446236_1168637_n.jpg

also got a NEO GEO AES, pocketstations, Mega CDX, Sega Kids Gear and a few other things i forget.

i also got 5 of these (2 not pictured)

n516899511_1358000_3192074.jpg

Riptwo

Phat Michael: What did the boxed VB systems cost you? I've been trying to get one on eBay for months, but the boxed ones are always viciously priced.

Phat Michael said:
Got some of these recently.
http://i25.tinypic.com/zn1s1k.jpg
http://i28.tinypic.com/25u093p.jpg
new sticks
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...0132186304512_516899511_6446236_1168637_n.jpg
also got a NEO GEO AES, pocketstations, Mega CDX, Sega Kids Gear and a few other things i forget.
i also got 5 of these (2 not pictured)
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2634/143/8/516899511/n516899511_1358000_3192074.jpg
Nice pick-ups! Are you finding some good deals on these locally or all these eBay pick-ups or something?

grap3fruitman said:
Nice pick-ups! Are you finding some good deals on these locally or all these eBay pick-ups or something?

i wish i could use ebay mate but its TERRIBLE in Dubai. i got it from Kuwait where is this place that sells the most AMAZING machines so cheap - ill show you a pic:

juwvpw.jpg

2emk7ra.jpg

hs1f5y.jpg

I bought most of these from there. for example, they sold me a CIB Super Metroid for $10USD unopened on SNES, and the limited edition of Sakura Wars on Dreamcast with all the limited edition VMUs and soundtracks for $10.

The Atari Lynx, 32X, 3DO, CDX, Mega CD etc were around $25USD each all in box.

Phat Michael said:
i wish i could use ebay mate but its TERRIBLE in Dubai. i got it from Kuwait where is this place that sells the most AMAZING machines so cheap - ill show you a pic:

http://i46.tinypic.com/juwvpw.jpg

[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/2emk7ra.jpg

[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/hs1f5y.jpg

I bought most of these from there. for example, they sold me a CIB Super Metroid for $10USD unopened on SNES, and the limited edition of Sakura Wars on Dreamcast with all the limited edition VMUs and soundtracks for $10.

The Atari Lynx, 32X, 3DO, CDX, Mega CD etc were around $25USD each all in box.[/QUOTE]
That place looks like a goldmine!

_dementia said:
That place looks like a goldmine!

it is. i was the only non arab going in there and the arabs see old stuff as "worthless" i literally took 4 empty boxes and bought EVERYTHING i could and kept telling them how worthless this stuff was and that id take it off their hands as a "favour" when i went back to dubai i had suitcases packed full of electronics.

The other goldmine was going to the Geekay (video game store) warehouse in Dubai - they let me put post it notes on everything i wanted and they priced it and gave it to me. the good thing was they had about 8 NEO AES games there CIB and sold them to me for about $10USD each....

Mexx

Neo Member
img6628r.jpg

Red Faction traded for DiRT 3.
And new number of polish gaming magazine and The Undisputed, Pringles! ;)

Phat Michael said:
it is. i was the only non arab going in there and the arabs see old stuff as "worthless" i literally took 4 empty boxes and bought EVERYTHING i could and kept telling them how worthless this stuff was and that id take it off their hands as a "favour" when i went back to dubai i had suitcases packed full of electronics.

The other goldmine was going to the Geekay (video game store) warehouse in Dubai - they let me put post it notes on everything i wanted and they priced it and gave it to me. the good thing was they had about 8 NEO AES games there CIB and sold them to me for about $10USD each....

jesus christ

bender

What time is it?
Got back from Bestbuy:

qfA5g.jpg

Bayonetta ($9), Fallout: NV ($10), HST ($5), Pangya ($6). I hope Pangya is decent. I couldn't pass it up for that price.

MYE

Alligatorjandro said:
A lot of SNES pick ups lately.I just bought one too and i love it.

Need to find Super Metroid for cheap though.

Yeah, and LttP. I have Super Castlevania IV still on its way though :)

Top Bottom