• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim - 6 New Screenshots (July 22)

Dennis

Banned
VvY1K.jpg

rAICW.jpg

VbHBc.jpg

dxyLT.jpg

hsjck.jpg

qceTr.jpg

Courtesy of supersaw

supersaw said:
Damn, I accidentally bumped the old thread. Didn't see the message about this one. New screenshots are doing the rounds.

Einbroch

Banned
The game is looking uglier and uglier. Still not ugly, but :lol at this looking anything like the bullshots and trailers.

bhlaab

Einbroch said:
The game is looking uglier and uglier. Still not ugly, but :lol at this looking anything like the bullshots and trailers.

Yeah, especially the interiors. It looks more and more like Oblivion

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Art is considerably better than Oblivion, but I feel like I won't really see this until it's running on my PC.

I don't get much out of those squished shots.

Van Buren

The first shot seems the most impressive to me with the shadows. The second shot, though, reminds me of Fallout 3's brownish color palette and the fourth screenshot seems like as if Oblivion's promotional character model was photoshopped in.

I'm hoping the PC version ships with higher-res textures at the very least.

UrbanRats

The lighting is good in the outdoors, but in the indoors it's fucking bland.
Waiting for the inevitable "realistic interiors" mod.

painey

why would they release bullshots where Triple H's hand is clipping through the hammer handle? surely they should fix that before releasing press pics.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
ezekial45 said:
The guy's hand is clipping through the axe's handle. :p

What about the urn in the left corner. What the heck is going on there!

This looks fucking terrible from a graphics stand point.

gatti-man

This looks great for a console game but if those textures dont get better for the pc I will not be buying. Perfect example of why I dont play many console games any more. Graphics are a mix of real looking and terrible.

EDIT: Nvm this doesnt even look great for a console game.

The game has a very Fallout 3 look to it.. and I hated Fallout 3 and New Vegas because it just looked extremely muddy and flat. I had a hard time playing the game because it just looked so strange to me. I hope this will look a bit better than Fallout 3, but right now it just looks way to similar, and that is really killing the hype for this game.

I'll play it regardless and probably absolutely love it, but the more I see it, the more I get a little annoyed with the visuals. Hell, maybe it the complete lack of colour. Oblivion was gorgeous because it was so colourful... this just has the same brown and grey filter that Fallout 3 had. More colour, Bethesda.. please!?

Rad-

MeBecomingI said:
I'll play it regardless and probably absolutely love it, but the more I see it, the more I get a little annoyed with the visuals. Hell, maybe it the complete lack of colour. Oblivion was gorgeous because it was so colourful... this just has the same brown and grey filter that Fallout 3 had. More colour, Bethesda.. please!?

Oblivion also had the most generic art style. At least there's some uniqueness here. Well in the outdoor shots at least, indoors still look pretty darn generic.

kevm3

Bethesda games = let the mod community take the game to where it needs to be. As much as I'd love to buy this out the gate, it'd probably be best for me to wait a couple of years until the mod community significantly improves the game.

Anteater

Probably will look better in motion, there isn't a lot of lighting effect though, seems to look really bright indoors even if it's just a few candles.

Donthizz#

ill probably buy this game after they release couple of patches first, anyways enough with screenshots show us more gameplay!

Top Bottom