• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flame Red 3DS: Confirmed Sept. 9th

idwl

I didn't regret getting a 3ds after the price drop announcement. But now I do =( Thank god it isn't green or orange or I would have died

Gravijah

idwl said:
I didn't regret getting a 3ds after the price drop announcement. But now I do =( Thank god it isn't green or orange or I would have died

i would trade my unique and special ambassador program for a green or orange 3ds!

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Imagine how pissed people would be had they announced this tomorrow.

idwl

I would've thought they'd save the new color for mario kart, But guess that doesn't need a sales push. Hope they do a Mario kart bundle with Red 3DS . Would push me to buy a 2nd one.

Yagharek

I so wanted a red one, but launch black unit plus extra games makes me ok with missing out.

I'll wait a few years for a revision and funky colours like lime green before updating now.

this actually reminds me more of a shiny version of the DSi XL Burgundy than actual RED!

i'd prefer the orange one...

will wait for 3DS Lite+new(er) colors anyways!

CiSTM

Banned
Oh, it's not an new pokemon game :<
What Nintendo and 3rd party games 3ds is getting this year ? I'm still on a fence if I should buy it or not.

Thoraxes

CiSTM said:
What Nintendo and 3rd party games 3ds is getting this year ? I'm still on a fence if I should buy it or not.
Kid Icarus, Starfox, Super Mario 3D Land, and Mario Kart 7.
As for 3rd party stuff, I'm not terrible sure, but I do know I will be picking up Tales of the Abyss and SMT Devil Survivor:Overclocked.

It isn't pink, grey, green, bronze, orange, dark blue, deep purple, white or silver, so I'm fine with the Cosmo Black I got today.

pramath

Banned
The colors I wanted most were Purple and that Orange/Amber Yellow thing. So far, they haven't released them, which means I have no reason to regret my launch cosmo black 3DS purchase. The day they DO release those colors though, I will huddle myself up into a ball in a corner and cry.

Thoraxes said:
Kid Icarus, Starfox, Super Mario 3D Land, and Mario Kart 7.
As for 3rd party stuff, I'm not terrible sure, but I do know I will be picking up Tales of the Abyss and SMT Devil Survivor:Overclocked.
There's also Bit Trip Saga and Cave Story 3D coming out soon, along with the 3DS version of Sonic Generations. There's also Pokemon Rumble Blast, but I'm naturally kind of reluctant about that one. Then we get to 2012 though, when we should be seeing stuff like Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario 3DS, Resident Evil: Revelations, and Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance. Can't wait for that.

pramath

Banned
CiSTM said:
Games confirmed for release before this year end:

Star Fox 64 3D
Super Mario 3D Land
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Mario Kart 7
Super Pokemon Rumble
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
Tales of the Abyss 3D
Cave Story 3D
Bit.trip Saga
Shinobi
Sonic Generations
Rayman Origins
Driver Renegade
Need for Speed: The Run
FIFA 12
Nano Assault

I'll add more as I remember.

CiSTM

Banned
pramath said:
Games confirmed for release before this year end:

Star Fox 64 3D
Super Mario 3D Land
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Mario Kart 7
Super Pokemon Rumble
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
Tales of the Abyss 3D
Cave Story 3D
Bit.trip Saga
Shinobi
Sonic Generations
Rayman Origins
Driver Renegade
Need for Speed: The Run
FIFA 12

I'll add more as I remember.
Are both SMT and Tales of the Abyss remakes ? But so far it seems like it's slim pickings for this year. Cave Story 3d is probably only one I would buy from those since I have played both SMT and Tales of Abyss already. I'll wait for next year, maybe we will even get 3ds slim by then.

pramath

Banned
CiSTM said:
Are both SMT and Tales of the Abyss remakes ? But so far it seems like it's slim pickings for this year. Cave Story 3d is probably only one I would buy from those since I have played both SMT and Tales of Abyss already. I'll wait for next year, maybe we will even get 3ds slim by then.
Yes, they're both remakes.
And while I doubt we'll get a 3DS Slim before early 2013, waiting for next year still sounds like a good idea if you aren't interested in any of those games- by then, we'll have stuff like Luigi's Mansion 2, Animal Crossing, Paper Mario, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Beyond the Labyrinth, Heroes of Ruin, Resident Evil: Revelations, Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle, and more. So it's probably a wise idea to hold off.

watershed

Banned
Man that red is sweet, I like I deep the red is on the top layer, but I'm happy sticking with my blue, its still the best color available for now, until the awesome purple 3ds drops. That said. I imagine the new color will bump 3ds sales nicely.

With that price drop, I could totally see myself double-dipping. Using my Black 3DS for my GBA/NES games while I use the Flare Red 3DS as my "main" system. awwww yeeeeah

MNC

Camera in boxing video just has the colors off. Blue didn't look that blue as well. Will definitely consider this awesome red one.

Friend of mine couldn't wait before he went on holiday, he NEEDED a new DS/3DS. So he went with the aqua blue at 250 even though he'd love a red one. Now they announce a price drop AND red. :p Plus the ambassador games can still be obtained if you purchase now,

awwww daaaaaamn

It's so sexy. Just...just look at it! I...awwww daaaaamn!

That's it. I'm double dipping. I'm buying another 3DS before the end of the year. And it shall be Flare Red.

Thoraxes

I'm almost curious to see if they made any internal changes to the system or small adjustments (Ergonomically speaking). I've read stories about people who claim the bumpers are slightly extended on the Fire Red units, as well as the buttons being more "clicky".

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yes! The best color they showed at E3 2010. Been waiting for this since they announced it for Japan.

Top Bottom